Bmw 330d

Depends how old the 3-Series was? Latest version is 204bhp and 302lb/ft. 60 in about 8 and a whack load of midrange grunt. Been a passenger in one and I like them a lot :)

Steve

Had a spin in one (as passenger ) few months ago, didn't impress me at all,and the driver was giving it some,took the guy out in my octy a few weeks later and he was pretty much gob smacked by the grunt it had.:thumbup:

What stigma????? :confused: :D

In case you were unaware " Indicators"

LOTS of BM drivers either, do not know what they are, OR how to use them, OR they are broken :)

In case you were unaware " Indicators"

LOTS of BM drivers either' date=' do not know what they are, OR how to use them, OR they are broken :)[/quote']

Indicators? what are they then :confused:

Ah, they are what you other road users use to let ME know where you are going ;):thumbup:

Your Octy is quicker.

You reckon?

Top speed limited to 155

0-60 - 6.8

231bhp

500nm of torque

1610kg

I reckon that'd give a remapped Octy a scare, especially cross country especially as it is RWD (Right Wheel Drive :D ) I know as I've had a go with one and it was quicker than mine (just).

Remap one and it is a serious weapon!

Oh and don't have a pop at a 535d, they are seriously rapid (272bhp and 560nm) - I had a go in a remapped one and it was jolly brisk ;):D

Love the 330d. The 330d SE is the one with 230ish bhp. The 330d has a semi auto gearbox is a dream to use, and makes the driving the car fast so easy! I drive one every day and love the way it drives and feels. The handling is superb and very easy to control oversteer. I have chased an octy vrs (legally i might add), in triple figures in one, and have found that the bmw is quite a good match for the skoda, although I was very surprised by how quick the skoda really can be! The mid range grunt of that diesel engine is awesome, and you can feel the acceleration is all gears. But best of all, with that low down grunt, and huge amounts of grip, off the line it is hard to beat. Just plant the accelerator and damn does it go, whereas the vrs can be a bit spinny in 1st gear.

Just my 2p! ;-)

Matt

Oh and don't have a pop at a 535d' date=' they are seriously rapid (272bhp and 560nm) - I had a go in a remapped one and it was jolly brisk ;):D[/quote']

:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:

I'd have one of them over an M5 :)

Had a blast in a 535d also. And yep, they are awesome cars! They are at their best when on the motorways though, and not as good as the 3 series on the twisties. On the motorways I have never been in a car that can accelerate to 150mph so quickly (still legally aswell!) and it does it with just so little effort. Its just like driving a high performance cloud!

Matt

Although them one touch indicators take some getting used to! For those who dont know, to signal left, you just touch the lever down and it immediately comes back to a level position again. To cancel the signal, you have to push it down again! :confused: The confusion comes when you try to push it up to cancel it, like normal, but then, hang on, you're signalling right instead! So not being used to it you push the lever down to cancel instead of up again, but oh no, you're signalling left again. People behind must have though we were ****ed or something! :rofl:

Matt

In the BMW's I've driven, if you just flick the indicator down or up, the idicators would flash 3 times then self cancel, usefull for lane changes and stuff, for normal indicating when you want them on for longer you press the stalk all the way down as normal , they stay down (or up) as normal, then cancell when you turn the wheel back to straight.

I'd also say that the 330d is more than a match in performance for any Skoda, it really does shift, and the build quality is uncomparable.