So, tonights tea was..........................

Auric Goldfinger

Bugger have just found out there is a little known pudding called the Sussex pond pudding as well as Kentish Well Pudding.....but they don't count either as I've never seen them in the shops 😛 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, StickyMicky said:

I think you might need a new clock ... :)

He's using that dodgy Train drivers time piece. Bet his train was always late. Needs that Bentley watch back from the service centre to get back on track (intentional pun).:tongueout:

6 hours ago, Lady Elanore said:

Bugger have just found out there is a little known pudding called the Sussex pond pudding as well as Kentish Well Pudding.....but they don't count either as I've never seen them in the shops 😛 

I think you're going stir crazy. ☺

Or maybe not? If you were you"d have got rid of that ? mark and the fish!

• Haha 1

Scorchio again and it's a religious Friday so OH insists on Fish...I did tell you I f***** hate fish didn't I?  😋

Salady things with feta cubes, prawns, Salmon fillet and homemade Garlic mayo...OH forgot how strong the garlic is here compared to her own grown. No vampires I suppose!

IMG-0273.jpg

• Like 2

Lady E -you missed out cakes from Pontefract  and ones from Eccles , and Scotch pies ( a misnomer as there's no liqueur of life in them). But most of all the Chieftain of the pudding race =haggis.

• Confused 1

mac- in that case Bakewell tart. OH-and Lancashire black pudding. And St Ives pudding. I suppose you could sneak in Pease Pudding.

Edited by VWD

14 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

He's using that dodgy Train drivers time piece. Bet his train was always late. Needs that Bentley watch back from the service centre to get back on track (intentional pun).:tongueout:

Most likely one from before time was universal in the UK and we had several time zones in the UK. But then AG will insist that we all go Down to Edinburgh.  ( Old rail joke)

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

20200410_181114.thumb.jpg.581ded5fd01807ab148dc311666158f6.jpg

square fish, mash, wedges and veg with @Lady Elanore s fav fish accompaniment... grey-veh and ketchup.

How can that be square fish ?    It's oblong fish................I had pork casserole, sliced onions, whole onions, carrots, mushrooms, marrow fat peas and buttered lurkpak mash

IMG_3039.jpg

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VWD said:

mac- in that case Bakewell tart. OH-and Lancashire black pudding. And St Ives pudding. I suppose you could sneak in Pease Pudding.

I only allowed Counties as puddings 😛 and there are several Blackpuddings, so Lancashire can't claim that one so a double 😛 😛 

8 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

How can that be square fish ?    It's oblong fish.............

its a colloquialism for frozen fish in chippies here - rather than the fresh battered/crumbed option ;)

a typical exchange -

"its 3 in the morning, weve no fresh fish left."

"ah jaysus, throw's out an auld square cod n chips so."

• Haha 2

A colleague of mine and me were walking back from a pub around midnight (many years ago when i did such things of course) and he popped his head into a chippy 'en route' and asked

"Have you got any chips left?" 

"Yes loads!" came the reply

"well you shouldn't have cooked so many then should you!" he drunkenly quipped

I walked very quickly away from the scene of conflict...

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, olduns said:

Currently deciding on choice of drink to go with tonight's offering....

Rose in the fridge or something from the 'essential" shopping trip earlier.....

IMG-0277.jpg

Your local off licence/supermarket is going to miss you if you are ever allowed home.:party:

1 box 24 dumpies

2 x 75cl cider

2 x 75cl cheap sparkling - and I mean cheap, less than 2€ each

5 x 75cl blonde beers of varying strengths, 6+

8 x bottles of red

Probably between 35-40€ total?

So I'm only a casual buyer. 😋

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, olduns said:

1 box 24 dumpies

2 x 75cl cider

5 x 75cl blonde beers of varying strengths, 6+

8 x bottles of red

Probably between 35-40€ total?

So I'm only a casual buyer. 😋

During the 3 week UK lockdown SWMBO and myself haven't even had a beer let alone a glass of wine (despite having 14 bottles of red in the rack). Think we've become monk and nun shy.:blushAlso rather warm here in the sunny Midlands still 23C at 5pm.:emoticon-0157-sun:

Edited by shyVRS245
more info

UPDATE Re POSSIBLE LOSS OF NORTHERNESS...

I think I might be OK. Making monster soup (not literally as the crocodiles have sunk I think AG). Bit of chicken, ham, leek, onion, carrot, shallot, garlic, parsley, sweetcorn and probably some other stuff 

20200411_211806.jpg

• Like 4

To cure the "lack of Northern ness" , you now need either lamb ( if from south of the Wall as sold at market) or Mutton ( from sheep found north of the wall and looked on as fair game by those turfed off of the land) , to be added to the pot.

2 hours ago, olduns said:

For a Kir Royale

you need Casssis if you like pretty pink stuff (and blackcurrant) just put a dash in a flute and top up.

OR for a Cherry Bakewell

15ml (TBsp) Kirch, 15ml Amerretto in a flute, top up with fizz and ideally 2 kirch soaked cherries (buy the plastic tub and drown them well in advance)

OR since you're in France

15ml Dry Gin, a squeeze or lemon and a tiny pinch of icing sugar in a flute (sugar will foam if added last!)

Edit for spelling

Edited by NJRJ
  • Like 2