New Fabia, energy blue..HATE the colour!

dellia

Hey, everyone, I am new around here, and a recent owner of a new Fabia, manual, which came in Energy Blue, since I decided to keep it economical as much as possible. The dealer never showed us any car in the showroom in this particular colour, only showed us some pics online, where it seemed quite decent and simple. Now that the car actually came, I can honestly say I am shocked on what a striking and totally unpleasant blue it is IMO...In fact,   I am at the point where I can not enjoy the car at all b/c of the colour..Has anyone been in the same position? dealer says there is nothing we can do, except for getting it painted in their service for almost 1000E, which is out of question to me. Did anyone ever get used to this colout with time? I am so beyond disappointed! Thanks for reading, hope to get some msgs on here!!

I was about to purchase exactly that however the dealer let me down and I purchased a nearly new car in moon white which I am equally unsure about. I had the energy blue as a hire car and I must admit I did not mind it. I'd give it time. I reconciled myself to the car being a money save but it all depends if you can switch to that mind set. Ultimately the Fabia is a great car for the money. Have you considered a wrap? I appreciate that is not a cheap option either however it is not as drastic as a respray and you have an unlimited world of colours and it also protects the paint. Just use a good company.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jasoncmiles said:

I was about to purchase exactly that however the dealer let me down and I purchased a nearly new car in moon white which I am equally unsure about. I had the energy blue as a hire car and I must admit I did not mind it. I'd give it time. I reconciled myself to the car being a money save but it all depends if you can switch to that mind set. Ultimately the Fabia is a great car for the money. Have you considered a wrap? I appreciate that is not a cheap option either however it is not as drastic as a respray and you have an unlimited world of colours and it also protects the paint. Just use a good company.

Thank you for your input! I did actually look wrapping online, though like you said, I will give it at least a couple of months time, maybe it wont bother me as much after all. I'd go for a white or red anytime, esp. white is so neutral and simple looking.

I was looking at an Arteon last year and the base colour of that was some sort of grey. Nice enough(ish) in the photos but absolutely awful in the flesh!

P.S. I’ve updated your profile location as our colour choices may well be different to what you have. :thumbup:

Edited by john999boy
Typo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, dellia said:

Did anyone ever get used to this colout with time? I am so beyond disappointed!

Based on your description, you will not get over it. But hey... you got it "economical as much as possible". Now you know why. Your choice.

• Like 2

Dellia, Energy blue is gorgeous!

It is nearly the same as Kingfisher blue on my Focuses.

I will admit that I don't really care about the exterior colour of a car

if it stands out perhaps fewer people will run into it 😀

• Like 1

I agree that this particular blue is a dismal colour. It's almost looks like an exercise in how to take a blue colour and make it unattractive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gumdrop said:

Dellia, Energy blue is gorgeous!

It is nearly the same as Kingfisher blue on my Focuses.

I will admit that I don't really care about the exterior colour of a car

if it stands out perhaps fewer people will run into it 😀

Haha, that's what mom said too, and it does indeed stand a bit out. You really think its a nice colour? I know it depends a lot on taste and I like blue cars in general, but this is simply...too blue, I guess. Had i only seen it in flesh when ordering, I would have def chosen another one. I guess I' ll have to do what you said and focus less on the outside of the car...

1 hour ago, SC03OTT said:

Expensive lesson. 

Wraps are an option. My advice is suck it up and use this as a learning experience for next time. 

Oh def..lesson learned the hard way! I'm picking white next time, just to be safe!

Dellia, my cars from skoda have all been ordered by someone else so they have been white or silver,

The blue is much more regal (like royal blue) stick with it it will grow on you and it certainly looks smart.

• Like 1

On 31/10/2019 at 17:44, dellia said:

Hey, everyone, I am new around here, and a recent owner of a new Fabia, manual, which came in Energy Blue, since I decided to keep it economical as much as possible. The dealer never showed us any car in the showroom in this particular colour, only showed us some pics online, where it seemed quite decent and simple. Now that the car actually came, I can honestly say I am shocked on what a striking and totally unpleasant blue it is IMO...In fact,   I am at the point where I can not enjoy the car at all b/c of the colour..Has anyone been in the same position? dealer says there is nothing we can do, except for getting it painted in their service for almost 1000E, which is out of question to me. Did anyone ever get used to this colout with time? I am so beyond disappointed! Thanks for reading, hope to get some msgs on here!!

I think the problem with energy blue is that it has a tendency to not sit well with its surroundings, which means that it can be quite spec sensitive. 

On cars that have decent alloys, headlamps and enough bright work,(generally higher spec cars), I really like the erm, energy that energy blue has. 

However, I also saw it on a bog standard bottom of the range Kodiaq and I’ve got to say it really aged it. 

Obviously, as it is a new car, you are likely to not want to do any modding just yet, but some small visual changes like silver/white mirror caps etc could really bring out the best of energy blue. 

Another issue is that it really clashes with black and grey colours, so if your car has the plastic body mouldings, perhaps removing those could help. 

If you really can’t bring yourself to love it, or at least tolerate it, then really the only thing to do is have it repainted/wrapped or swap it, but the depreciation would be painful. 

Ive added a link to the Skoda Fabia accessories brochure that has some styling tweaks. 

https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesencom/alv1/d57b4a26-93de-4471-86c6-b87c4eab1807/Fabia_Accessories_EN_22_2019.d8ad6c959916b62971661b21da9aacf2.pdf

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CS45 said:

I think the problem with energy blue is that it has a tendency to not sit well with its surroundings, which means that it can be quite spec sensitive. 

On cars that have decent alloys, headlamps and enough bright work,(generally higher spec cars), I really like the erm, energy that energy blue has. 

However, I also saw it on a bog standard bottom of the range Kodiaq and I’ve got to say it really aged it. 

Obviously, as it is a new car, you are likely to not want to do any modding just yet, but some small visual changes like silver/white mirror caps etc could really bring out the best of energy blue. 

Another issue is that it really clashes with black and grey colours, so if your car has the plastic body mouldings, perhaps removing those could help. 

If you really can’t bring yourself to love it, or at least tolerate it, then really the only thing to do is have it repainted/wrapped or swap it, but the depreciation would be painful. 

Ive added a link to the Skoda Fabia accessories brochure that has some styling tweaks. 

https://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesencom/alv1/d57b4a26-93de-4471-86c6-b87c4eab1807/Fabia_Accessories_EN_22_2019.d8ad6c959916b62971661b21da9aacf2.pdf

Thank you so much for the ideas! i'll def get the link checked out a bit. I do hope with time i 'll at least tolerate it, as you said, or at least care less :))

Watching the telly yesterday there was a incident shown with French Police cars arriving and the were all in blue.

They would do well to just buy them in Energy Blue from Skoda instead of the various PSA models as the shade of some they have are a bit horrible, but the white cars with a blue stripe seem to have the better colour. IMO.

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 07.26.24.jpg

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 07.23.46.jpg

Edited by Roottootemoot
  • Like 1

I bought mine in Energy blue, simply because it was to me the nicest colour they did. It's a proper colour, not grey, silver, black or other such nonsense. Cant believe you chose it without seeing it first though, think of it as a retro 70s colour which is what it is!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BarryG said:

I bought mine in Energy blue, simply because it was to me the nicest colour they did. It's a proper colour, not grey, silver, black or other such nonsense. Cant believe you chose it without seeing it first though, think of it as a retro 70s colour which is what it is!

Do you just work in primary colours then? 😂

Edited by Gmac983

20 hours ago, BarryG said:

The dealer just showed us pics of the energy blue, no actual car in it

Maybe you should have searched on Google, lots of photos and it's a colour that changes drastically depending on the light. I love it on a bright summer's day, its gets a bit drab when the light fades. Mine looks especially nice parked next to my toxic kiwi green Citigo!

20191103_132504.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/11/2019 at 07:20, john999boy said:

I was looking at an Arteon last year and the base colour of that was some sort of grey. Nice enough(ish) in the photos but absolutely awful in the flesh!

P.S. I’ve updated your profile location as our colour choices may well be different to what you have. :thumbup:

Urano grey perhaps?  Looks like a really matt, dull charcoal? 

If so then it is truly dire on the Arteon; it was the colour of the first Arteon I seen and I was totally underwhelmed.  Within a few days though I seen a R Line in Turmeric yellow and my faith in the Arteon was restored.  The pics of that colour just don't do it justice IMHO. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, BarryG said:

Maybe you should have searched on Google, lots of photos and it's a colour that changes drastically depending on the light. I love it on a bright summer's day, its gets a bit drab when the light fades. Mine looks especially nice parked next to my toxic kiwi green Citigo!

20191103_132504.jpg

I'm reminded of the old Liquigas team colours...

Tour-de-France1.jpg

• Haha 1