New Octavia 2020 vRS?

uno234

Looks nice inside the cabin. That artificial engine/exhaust noise (presumably in sport mode) is awful. It sounds similar to the actual noise my old 4.2 V8 RS4 with Miltek exhaust used to make, but on the outside!

His steering inputs were hard to watch as well.

• Like 1

Funny how we are all so different. I thought the noise inside was too quiet and would have liked some more drama. Then again I like the sound in my 245 and wish it was louder with a few pops and farts from exhaust. 

I'd turn it off, just as I did on this one.

I hate it, I like quiet drives or listening to music/radio. If I were to have one I would ask the dealer to disable the noise maker as part of the sale deal.

It's like many celebrities these days, fake (teeth, face, (body parts) and personality) .

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 2

Finance example here from Simpsons Skoda for the Hatch petrol DSG.  

includes £2k contribution from Skoda, a £2,500 customer deposit and a little more discount on top going by the listed “cash price”, all translates to £349 a month for a base car, with an £11,600 GFV over 4 years.

5E9E9C1B-3F04-4E9D-8BDB-2C144499BE58.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Petrol manual is now up in the UK. £29,815. 

These finance deals where you get a Skoda contribution, do you think you could do it on finance, cancel after a couple of weeks and pay it off, and effectively get another couple of grand discount from the finance contribution?

1 hour ago, VRS_White_Hatch said:

These finance deals where you get a Skoda contribution, do you think you could do it on finance, cancel after a couple of weeks and pay it off, and effectively get another couple of grand discount from the finance contribution?

Yes, if you settle the finance within 14 days you’ll pay no penalty or interest but get the benefit of the deposit contribution.  I know several people who’ve done this on VWFS financed cars.

15 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Petrol manual is now up in the UK. £29,815. 

Thanks - great news, I doubted it but it's here, I thought they would only do an auto. Shame no manual diesel but no matter. I guess I'll have to make good on my promise and buy one then, now to find a good deal.

Does anyone know if Sat Nav is included on the vrs? as I couldn't find it as an option in the configurator

Also what do people think of the red? I'll be having Corrida red as per my last  skodas, but it's a shame this isn't the free colour any more. I'm worried that it will be much more popular now that it's a 'special' colour.

47 minutes ago, Dr_Pepper said:

Thanks - great news, I doubted it but it's here, I thought they would only do an auto. Shame no manual diesel but no matter. I guess I'll have to make good on my promise and buy one then, now to find a good deal.

Does anyone know if Sat Nav is included on the vrs? as I couldn't find it as an option in the configurator

Also what do people think of the red? I'll be having Corrida red as per my last  skodas, but it's a shame this isn't the free colour any more. I'm worried that it will be much more popular now that it's a 'special' colour.

Columbus sat nav is standard on the new vRS.

• Like 1

On 18/11/2020 at 22:30, fewie said:

Yes, if you settle the finance within 14 days you’ll pay no penalty or interest but get the benefit of the deposit contribution.  I know several people who’ve done this on VWFS financed cars.

That's not true. It would seem people get confused between settling an agreement and cancelling an agreement. For settling an agreement there is no such thing as a penalty.  If anyone thinks they know better, then I have a very simple question - tell us what that penatly is.

It's all very simple settling a PCP and it can done at anytime without penalty.  Obviously the sooner you pay off the loan the less interest you're charged.

You borrow money and then pay them back + interest on the remaining loan until such times as you ASK for a settlement figure. Whenever they respond, you then have, what I believe to be, 28 days to settle without further interest.

You're given three figures when you ask for a settlement:

Agreement Balance - thats the outstanding loan less any monthly deductions you may have made

Interest Savings - i.e. the amount of interest you won't have to pay until the end of the agreement period

Total Amount Payable - the remaining sum owed to clear the debt.

To give some sort of idea, if you settle within the first 14days, you'll pay a nominal amount of interest. In the PCP example given earlier on ths thread, it'll probably be around £30.

There's also another mis-undertanding about PCP which I often read and to be fair, which I've heard the odd salesperson suggest, and that's you're better off taking out a PCP because " you're only paying for the depreciation rather than the whole car ". It's almost right up there with the mis-selling of PPI.  I wouldn't be surprised if PCP is the next crisis to hit the financial world because it's simply not true.

You pay interest on the whole loan i.e. you're paying interest on the GFV (guaranteed future value) too.  The only 'advantage' if you can call it that, of a PCP is there's no guesswork about the future value of the vehicle.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Guest

On 24/11/2020 at 20:33, Scot5 said:

That's not true. It would seem people get confused between settling an agreement and cancelling an agreement. For settling an agreement there is no such thing as a penalty.  If anyone thinks they know better, then I have a very simple question - tell us what that penatly is.

It's all very simple settling a PCP and it can done at anytime without penalty.  Obviously the sooner you pay off the loan the less interest you're charged.

You borrow money and then pay them back + interest on the remaining loan until such times as you ASK for a settlement figure. Whenever they respond, you then have, what I believe to be, 28 days to settle without further interest.

You're given three figures when you ask for a settlement:

Agreement Balance - thats the outstanding loan less any monthly deductions you may have made

Interest Savings - i.e. the amount of interest you won't have to pay until the end of the agreement period

Total Amount Payable - the remaining sum owed to clear the debt.

To give some sort of idea, if you settle within the first 14days, you'll pay a nominal amount of interest. In the PCP example given earlier on ths thread, it'll probably be around £30.

There's also another mis-undertanding about PCP which I often read and to be fair, which I've heard the odd salesperson suggest, and that's you're better off taking out a PCP because " you're only paying for the depreciation rather than the whole car ". It's almost right up there with the mis-selling of PPI.  I wouldn't be surprised if PCP is the next crisis to hit the financial world because it's simply not true.

You pay interest on the whole loan i.e. you're paying interest on the GFV (guaranteed future value) too.  The only 'advantage' if you can call it that, of a PCP is there's no guesswork about the future value of the vehicle.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for this - but presumably the main advantage of PCP is that people can own a brand new car without having to invest so much money into it up front. Plus, ridiculously, PCP total payment is now almost always cheaper than cash, which is a scandal really as - I assume - this isn't for skoda's short term gain but their long time as people who sign up to PCP are much more likely to 'buy' another at the end of the term than people who pay cash.

I'm ordering a new VRS manual estate at the moment and the PCP total cost is cheaper than cash - is there any reason why not to take it?