DQ200 DSG7 mechatronic tear down, repair and changes in body

@esoxecosse

Your vRS TDI does not have a DQ200 7 speed twin dry clutch DSG.  It is the latest 7 speed wet clutch.

It requires oil changes to the DSG at least every 40,000 miles, and even the most incompetent employee at a Skoda Dealership should know that, or be able to take a few steps to a phone, computer or actual trained person to find that out.

@alesypalsy

I am surprised that someone that has studied the DQ200 DSG and its faults & how to fix them has to take a guess what cars have what DSG's.

DQ200's were fitted to engines with a 250Nm Max, so 1.6TDI CR's got them 2.0 TDI vRS could not.

2 years passes so quick. You had a wet clutch DSG back then.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/440838-20-lk-dsg-shudder-in-all-gears-no-rattle

Edited by Roottootemoot

2 hours ago, Roottootemoot said:

@alesypalsy

I am surprised that someone that has studied the DQ200 DSG and its faults & how to fix them has to take a guess what cars have what DSG's.

DQ200's were fitted to engines with a 250Nm Max, so 1.6TDI CR's got them 2.0 TDI vRS could not.

2 years passes so quick. You had a wet clutch DSG back then.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/440838-20-lk-dsg-shudder-in-all-gears-no-rattle

Is there more of a point you are wanting to make that I am missing?

I took a guess and was completely wrong on the gearbox the fellow had, 

as far as anyone else whom comes across the problems with their DQ200  mechatronics unit feel free to contact me or see my link in the classifieds 

cheers

Just now, Roottootemoot said:

@alesypalsy

Point being, are you a mechanic or just an enthusiast that has gleaned knowledge and when someone want to by the excellent part you are offering and offering to fit for money do you even know what DSG the car has?

Much prefer the straight question rather then digging around bordering on narky, 

I am not a mechanic,   I have brought and owned more then a handful of cars with this fault!  I have personally repaired them and also repaired others cars using the part, 

as for Saturday night reply when a guy directly asked me what gearbox he thought his car had , I obviously got it completely wrong!

As for the whole topic of the thread, you obviously dont have a problem with one of these gearboxes or ever had,  

My offer is not some kind of ripp off , it is honest and I am doing nothing except try to save people some Money,  if I dont fix their car gear box problem I wouldn't expect to get paid!  so as much as if you would like to derail my character into some kind of devil I can assure you I am not.

I have not had issues, because i know what the issues are and know what to check for, but i have owned a few cars with DQ200's and assisted others with issues with theirs.

I am just surprised that you are not so familiar with what engines they are fitted to.

Very interesting....I have a 2017 1.6tdi which I assume has this box. It’s good to know there is an alternative and sensibility priced option if something was to go wrong with the box.

It’s currently doing Uber so70k and rising at the moment!

Edited by dereks

6 minutes ago, Mickmartin said:

Have posted this on the Mk2 Fabia Vrs Facebook page, there’s been more than enough members that paid a fortune for a new mechatronic unit.

This could be be a saviour!

Its unreal how many of these go wrong which is why I say again that I believe every single one of them will go at some point!

For sure it will save people a massive amount of money ,, nothing worse then being in a stuck situation 

On 12/12/2019 at 17:20, alesypalsy said:

Its unreal how many of these go wrong which is why I say again that I believe every single one of them will go at some point!

For sure it will save people a massive amount of money ,, nothing worse then being in a stuck situation 

I'm here from the VRS page... just had the fault codes come up 2011 @78k.

I'm interested in your solution. The one in the video requires drilling, is this the same as you use?

How do you refill the hydraulic fluid and what spec is it... My mechanic friend is sceptical but for £200 it's a better gamble than a new unit and labour bill almost the value of the car...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Neogeo said:

I'm interested in your solution. The one in the video requires drilling, is this the same as you use?

How do you refill the hydraulic fluid and what spec is it... My mechanic friend is sceptical but for £200 it's a better gamble than a new unit and labour bill almost the value of the car...

The discussed rectification kit will not fit the auto box fitted to your vRS.

The DQ200 is an automatic seven speed double clutch unit fitted to engines producing less than 250Nm of torque. It is termed generally as a 'dry' box because the clutches do not sit in an oil bath. Makes the units lighter, more economical, cheaper to service but apocryphally less reliable. 

More powerful engines producing more than the 250Nm (such as on a vRS) either use the earlier six speed or later 7 speed versions of the 'wet' box where the double clutches sit in a oil bath. This unit has a far better reputation for reliability but can still develop problems if not serviced to schedule. The change of oil in the wet box is not particularly cheap and some tightwads might have avoided that part of the service if selling the car on.

Edited by Gerrycan

9 hours ago, Neogeo said:

Hi the one you have seen video of is the old version, the new one does not require drilling, 

here is a list of gearboxes it fits, 

Compatible with

following gearboxes: :

0AM 325 025 M Z1L

0AM 325 025 M Z2B

0AM 325 025 M Z2N

0AM 325 025 K Z6D

0AM 325 025 K Z6C

0AM 325 025 K Z6T

DQ200 DSG

I have made a video myself of me doing the repair on a 2011 mk6 golf and also a 2014 mk7 golf, 

3 hours ago, Gerrycan said:

The discussed rectification kit will not fit the auto box fitted to your vRS.

The DQ200 is an automatic seven speed double clutch unit fitted to engines producing less than 250Nm of torque. It is termed generally as a 'dry' box because the clutches do not sit in an oil bath. Makes the units lighter, more economical, cheaper to service but apocryphally less reliable. 

More powerful engines producing more than the 250Nm (such as on a vRS) either use the earlier six speed or later 7 speed versions of the 'wet' box where the double clutches sit in a oil bath. This unit has a far better reputation for reliability but can still develop problems if not serviced to schedule. The change of oil in the wet box is not particularly cheap and some tightwads might have avoided that part of the service if selling the car on.

So the DQ200 is not on the Fabia vRS?

@Neogeo

The DQ200 DSG is what is used on the Mk2 Fabia vRS from 2010-2014.  (Saying you came from the vRS page has meant you got the reply you did.)

** There is no Service Schedule or Guidelines on servicing on them, so Servicing costs according to VW are £0.00, cost of failure is high.**

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/315115-service-campaign-dq200-dsg-oil-changeecu-update-fabias-in-uk

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/444027-201718-dq200-dsg-34f7-service-campaign-any-further-issues

It is not a DQ200 on 2.0 TSI or TDI vRS Octavia or Kodiaq.

Edited by Roottootemoot

17 minutes ago, Neogeo said:

11 minutes ago, Roottootemoot said:

The DQ200 DSG is on the Mk2 Fabia vRS from 2010-2014.

It is not on 2.0 TSI or TDI vRS Octavia or Kodiaq.

So seems your Fabia does have the DQ200 and the fault is the exact problem experienced 

I didn't want to answer with a wrong assumption on your gearbox , but reading rootthemoots reply I think that is correct, 

The DQ200 DSG is used with 1.0 TSI,s 1.2 TSI's, 1.4 TSI's, 1.5 TSI 2 wd, some 1.8TSI's and 1.4 TDI or 1.6 TDI's.

2009-2019.

These have no more than 250 Nm from the factory.   With a 2014/15  1.8 TSI VW Polo GTI 192ps the manual produced 320Nm and the DSG was supposedly 250Nm and heavier. Yet they were the same 0-62 mph time. Actually the DSG is quicker but VW do not say that..

Be aware of other issues / faults that do not require new clutch plates or a MCU.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/469385-7-speed-dsg-gearbox-repairfix

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/471908-dsg-box-oil

2 different oils for a DQ200, in the box and for the MCU.

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 08.29.40.png

Screenshot 2019-12-17 at 09.00.15.png

Edited by Roottootemoot

3 hours ago, Neogeo said:

Sorry you did not say what model so I assumed incorrectly it was a mk2 Octavia or similar

The Fabia vRS had the twin charged 1.4tsi which produced 132kw/250Nm so yes it does have the DQ200.

Just a tip, but It helps others to help you if you update your profile to include the car description.

During a scan of MY 19 RS OBD11 showed me that the software on my car is old and that there's a new version of it available.

I don't know what the new software revision does, what the benefits of it are. Still as my car's now in dock for multiple reasons I've given Garlands a complete list of the software updates that are available for my vehicle, hopefully they'll install the whole lot. 

Screenshot_20191219-104214_OBDeleven.jpg

Edited by TheWanderer

• 2 weeks later...

I would just like to add that a member here had a repair kit off me and I believe fitted it a couple of days ago himself , 

I hope he will Come here and tell honestly his experience with how his gearbox is operating now,

It is always a great pleasure to hear of owners getting the satisfaction of repairing their own car at minimal cost and not having to worry about paying a ridiculous amount of hard earned money to have it done.

Anyway that is up to them but glad you found this thread and glad things worked out for you 

cheers

I have a manual TSi VRS ( thank goodness!) but my daughter has just bought the new Polo GTi with DSG but I understand that has the DQ250 box............

But can I just say what an interesting and informative thread and thank you to those who have contributed.....

Hi this was me. 

The symptoms: Gear indicator on my wife's Fabia vRS would start flashing after exactly 10 minutes it would still drive but I read it's time was coming...

The codes read Pump play protection. I cleared them away but they were straight back each time. I spoke to my mechanic friends, one said £1200+ VAT for a new mechatronic unit, or to try a company called ECU repair. the others were too scared to touch anything DSG but said I could use the ramp on new year's day (this Wednesday). 

I found this forum from the Fabia vRS page and took a gamble for £200. I got the repair kit the next day from Alesypalsy (sorry mate didn't catch your name). He also sent me a load of videos of him fitting it to a Golf. It looked pretty straight forward so I decided to get the car jacked up (with axle stands of course) and see how it looked. 

I decided not to wait and to started taking the necessary bits off to get access. The British weather, low light, tickets to the panto and a drinking session and associated hangover allowed me to drag the job out over 3 days. 

I did the while job without removing the mechatronic unit (just the cover) at one point I thought I might have to drain the coolant as the pipes made it a struggle to get the cover out as there is less room in the Fabia than in the Golf in his videos. 

Just put it back together yesterday afternoon and everything works. Took it for a drive for 40 minutes and everything is as it should be. And gave it a good thrashing last night as some young lad in a TDi Ibiza was trying his luck. 

I know it's very early but it seems to be fixed.

I'm not sure if it is a coincidence but going from park to reverse does not seem to 'clunk' anymore. 

I'll keep everyone updated good or bad...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1