Manoeuvre light, AREA VIEW (VCDS coding)

Amarton

Hi,

How can I activate the maneuver light with VCDS?

I have Area View 360 camera and I would like to activate the mirror light as maneuver light.

I tried to activate :

09 - Adaptation - Umfeldleuchte als Manoevrierleuchte - active

6D - Coding - BYTE8 - BIT2 - check.

but it is not working 😞

There is no light during reverse gear.

I've never heard of this option before.

I have done a quick Google search and a look on here across the other threads, no results.

Where did you hear that this could be enabled?

7 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I've never heard of this option before.

I have done a quick Google search and a look on here across the other threads, no results.

Where did you hear that this could be enabled?

I heart it at vw passat b8.

I am looking for the possibility.

From another forum:

Golf mk7, the puddle lights are driven by the Driver/Passenger door control modules (@ address hex42 & hex52). These lights are not connected to the central electrics module (@ address hex09). This means that unless there is a specific software switch in the code string for the door modules, its not possible to "program" a reversing function onto the puddle lights. ASAIK the door control modules don't have this function as a software switch - alas). If the lights were connected to hex09 module, it might be possible to use Leuchte-programming to perform this function.

Read more: http://forum.obdeleven.com/thread/2204/mirror-puddle-lights-turn-reverse#ixzz6Ac4B5DJw

• Like 2

I don't have the Area View option.

At night when it is dark, do the side camera's mounted under the door mirror not work properly i.e. they need the area they're filming to be illuminated for anything useful to show on the infotainment screen?

In pitch black situations, the side cameras are pretty dark and show little detail unlike the rear camera. I’ve opened my door a few times to get the mirror lights to turn on. OP is trying to get the mirror lights to always turn on when the lights are in manoeuvre mode (turns fogs/corner lights on etc). 

6 hours ago, linni said:

From another forum:

I think it is not fully true.

For example I code the DRL menu function in the BCM but the result appears on the infotainment system.

I think the key is the CAN communication.

This is totally different story. DRL - s are already preprogrammed, you are just activating / deactivating the feature.

But if you find a way to activate the puddle lights - you are very welcome to introduce it.

• john999boy changed the title to Manoeuvre light, AREA VIEW (VCDS coding)
  • 2 months later...

After reading this on a Golf mk7 forum, I too tried to activate this on my mk3 Superb with puddle lights - sadly to no avail the Superb does not have area view. 😞

I made the change in the 09 module.
My 6C module did not having the coding ability for Manoeuvre Light.

Although I notice it mentions the 6D module in this thread.

Nothing changed - no puddle lights when I put the car in reverse.

I notice the 09 module is now showing a warning/fault, complaining there is no databus for area view.

when activated, it looks like this on a Golf.....

c6c36d103b1b42bcd890e85d8d7432fdplist-1.jpg.277b189b8a03c9b26fabf9453542f773.jpg

e83531ba8326d5dc4c24178483494b48-1.jpg.c7aa267512876c331ab002a905ef6f33.jpg

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 1