Servicing / erWin Online system ?

Hi.... I have just bought an Approved Used 2018 Superb 1.4 TSI Petrol/Manual and the dealer is trying to get me to sign up to a fixed price service plan for two services (1 x major, 1 x minor) for £405 (or £22.50 per month for 18 months) but I'm not totally sure whether I will have the servicing done at a main dealer or not.

The car has currently done just over 14,000 miles and has just had an "Inspection with oil change" service done by the selling main dealer (it was set to "flexible servicing") so if that was a "minor" service I expect the next one will be classed as "major" even though probably not much to it.  I have now had the service interval set to fixed as I only do about 10,000 miles per year (mostly local driving).

Back in the day you would have a booklet stating that timing belt etc. needed to be changed at a certain mileage and the same for various other items but the modern online set-up seems to be a bit non-committal about what actually needs to be done and when, presumably because it depends on the type of driving/mileage etc.

But I wondered if anyone had successfully used the erWin online system to obtain a copy of the actual maintenance requirements (a bit like the old way)....?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Enriquez said:

Thanks for that... Quite a comprehensive document that I will look through.  If this is the level of information available on erwin then I'll sign up when I get a good window to sift through what's on there.

The information I want is probably in this document but I'm also hoping there is a more basic document that says...

Every 10,000 miles do this,

Every 20,000 miles do that, 

At 40,000 miles additionally do something else,

Etc. Etc. 

The reason I want such a service schedule is so I can make sure with any servicing garage that they are doing all that is required, because I've read about instances where main dealers haven't told someone they need some item servicing.

Thanks

invest 8 EUR and download what You need

as a precaution - it is some kind of difficulty to navigate over the erWin first time, and it is easy to loose some of the 1 hour window, so maybe the 25 EUR option is more comfortable - it expires after 24 hours

however, if You know what are You looking for, 60 minutes is enough to download everything for the model...

ensure, You have installed some good and fast PDF printer before connecting

i got myself a 1hr subscription with ERWIN and got (downloaded) everything i needed with regards to workshop manuals as well the vehicle specific data (build) information.

very useful.

26 minutes ago, JR RS said:

i got myself a 1hr subscription with ERWIN and got (downloaded) everything i needed with regards to workshop manuals as well the vehicle specific data (build) information.

very useful.

Can you help me John?

• 6 months later...