Not too bad for 2 weeks ownership

Most likely right there Dave 

My pre lift O_2 Combi is quite agricultural, actually. None of this buying a programming upgrade to support new buttons malarkey either.

I suspect a few trips down the breakers are also in order so I can practice getting dirty again.

At least my t-wrench means no more '3rd white knuckle' tensioning in the cold and wet these days !

3 hours ago, DaveinCamborne said:

Hes bailed out already mate............ just when i was getting out of first gear lol

Not bailed. Just have a 1 year old daughter to look after and dont live my life on forums these days. Perhaps you need better driving skills if you are still stuck in first gear 😜

Edited by Ecomatt
Added info
  • Like 1

In the instance cited above you ask a question, what do you think?

Someone says its not for them.

Ecomatts reply was very polite, he didn't even say he didn't like your car, he said that if it was him he would wait to spend the money on a car that he would be keeping, which implys to me that he shares your taste.

I dont share your taste but am too frightened to say so given your reactions so I wont say so, oops - I already have!

That is not telling you how to live your life or what to do, its an honest reply and a very polite one at that.

Your car is not to my taste either, à chacun son gout

Editted, sorry Dan, I see you were making fun of the reaction, I'm with you there!

Reminds me of the types you find in pubs, or at least used to, I dont drink anymore and stay away from pubs because of said types.

You looking at my bird pal?

No sir, not at all.

Why not! -whats wrong wiv er?

Edited by J.R.
  • Haha 3

To be fair the OP didn't ever ask "what people thought", was just showing people what he's done. If people don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything. There's nothing to be gained from saying "I see what you've done and I don't like it". Who cares if you don't like it. I'm always interested to see what people do to mod their cars, some I like some I don't. If I don't, I just move on, simples.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveinCamborne said:

And now its  been lowered and  thru its pot of glue, but strangely didnt find anything in Halfords for the car, lol,  Rip it apart now guys 🙂 enjoy,

588885130_skodafinish.thumb.jpg.f47fc28599159c06c54c1dc7b582e545.jpg

Well I still like it. The way to deal with the negative comments is pop them on your ignore list, hover over their username and select what you want to ignore and you will not be able to see any future moans/gripes. Works for me I have 9 on my list so far. If people can't say anything positive they should keep all those negative waves for friends and partners IMHO.:notme:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well I still like it. The way to deal with the negative comments is pop them on your ignore list, hover over their username and select what you want to ignore and you will not be able to see any future moans/gripes. Works for me I have 9 on my list so far. If people can't say anything positive they should keep all those negative waves for friends and partners IMHO.:notme:

haters will hate and snowflakes will always be snowflakes mate, fortunately I really dont give a f**K lol  😄

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, DaveinCamborne said:

And now its  been lowered and  thru its pot of glue, but strangely didnt find anything in Halfords for the car, lol,  Rip it apart now guys 🙂 enjoy,

588885130_skodafinish.thumb.jpg.f47fc28599159c06c54c1dc7b582e545.jpg

Looking good. Do you have a picture of the front wheels straight to see how low it is? 

Did you get a black grill as well? Mines black, looks much better.

Love the red orange

• Like 1

Looks good.  If anything you've made a mundane car look nicer, give yourself a bit of a project and made it more desirable to a potential buyer.  :clap:

Are they OEM wheels or aftermarket replicas? 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SkodaKing said:

Looking good. Do you have a picture of the front wheels straight to see how low it is? 

Did you get a black grill as well? Mines black, looks much better.

Love the red orange

This was about 10 mins after i had lowered it so not settled yet . thanks mate......... i just need the black grille surround then its sorted

#

117053451_skodafinishsprings.thumb.jpg.6e4d41036bb780e122cbb0d630930c48.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Looks good.  If anything you've made a mundane car look nicer, give yourself a bit of a project and made it more desirable to a potential buyer.  :clap:

Are they OEM wheels or aftermarket replicas? 

Thanks mate,

Yes they Geniune OEM with Michelin ps4s 🙂  not a lover of ps4  but they have around 6mm on them so they will do.

Just now, DaveinCamborne said:

Thanks mate,

Yes they Geniune OEM with Michelin ps4s 🙂  not a lover of ps4  but they have around 6mm on them so they will do.

Nice.  Why not?  I have them as a Summer tyre and think they're outstanding.  Granted on a poor surface they do drone but as far as stopping/grip in wet or dry I think they're spot on.  Interesting that you're the second person I've seen on here who doesn't rate them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

Nice.  Why not?  I have them as a Summer tyre and think they're outstanding.  Granted on a poor surface they do drone but as far as stopping/grip in wet or dry I think they're spot on.  Interesting that you're the second person I've seen on here who doesn't rate them. 

I am a lover of the Uniroyal Rainsport range....... i have had Rainsport 3s for years and on my car preivous to the Skoda i put the Rainsport 5...... OUSTANDING tyre in the wet and dry and not much noise.... also look smart as an added bonus lol

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DaveinCamborne said:

I am a lover of the Uniroyal Rainsport range....... i have had Rainsport 3s for years and on my car preivous to the Skoda i put the Rainsport 5...... OUSTANDING tyre in the wet and dry and not much noise.... also look smart as an added bonus lol

I am changing my tyres next week and was looking at Goodyear Asy 5s. I have has Uniroyal RS 2 on my Fabia VRS before. What mileage did you get out of them?

17 minutes ago, Ecomatt said:

I am changing my tyres next week and was looking at Goodyear Asy 5s. I have has Uniroyal RS 2 on my Fabia VRS before. What mileage did you get out of them?

Not too sure if this is of any help but it popped up on HotUkDeals here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stubev156 said:

Dave, I think your motor looks really smart!  What did you use to clean the engine bay? 😳 Thanks. 

Thanks mate, its only a paint brush and water with some fairy and then dry it off and spray with wd40 and polish it

5 hours ago, Ecomatt said:

RS3s around 17k 20k with daily driving and a bit of fun,  RS5s dunno as i put them around 1k before i sold the car lol, but i expect the same if not more, and RS5s on camskill for 18s are VERY cheap at the moment

• Thanks 1

On 04/02/2020 at 17:23, DaveinCamborne said:

not sensitive at all...... why try to tell me how to spend my money ffs.............. Got a brand new Toyota Revo Rocco TRD truck  to collect when i get there, along with a new Kawasaki Ninja lol..... spect i will give this away to a mate on my leaving the uk **** up

Loving the car and the quality of the work you’ve put in. Without getting in to the ‘how you spend your cash’ discussion, can I make a suggestion ?

If you are giving Ninjas away, I’m really really really missing my old ZX9R 😉🤣

2 hours ago, Walterzkoda said:

Loving the car and the quality of the work you’ve put in. Without getting in to the ‘how you spend your cash’ discussion, can I make a suggestion ?

If you are giving Ninjas away, I’m really really really missing my old ZX9R 😉🤣

Thanks mate. .... LOL. tell me about it I can not wait to go into the Kawasaki showroom and ride out on a new toy (only 650 as the roads arent up to much more lol....... had a Ducati when i lived out there before. (this time its adios UK for good lol) . just a nightmare with a twitchy throttle on the bumpy roads lol ). If your ever floating around in Thailand might let you have a blast 😛  lovely riding along the beach front roads in the evenings no complusory helmet just shades n cruising is spot on. 🙂 🙂

• Thanks 1

@DaveinCamborne

I think your car looks very smart.

I like the look of the wind deflectors and am thinking of fitting a set to my Octavia. Can you please tell me the pros and cons of having and driving with them day to day?

Edited by Tolpol62

13 hours ago, DaveinCamborne said:

RS3s around 17k 20k with daily driving and a bit of fun,  RS5s dunno as i put them around 1k before i sold the car lol, but i expect the same if not more, and RS5s on camskill for 18s are VERY cheap at the moment

I have the 19s xtreme alloys  and they don't seem to offer much by the way of deals.