Will 17" wheels from Octavia 4×4 scout fit Octavia 2wd?

Hi, the guy seems to be scrapping the scout, how about seats, his drivers seat is electric mine is manual. Will the car? I know a guy who can wire it just wander if the seats are the same size will fit the rails ect

The scout was fitted with larger 225/50 R17 tyres whereas other models would have 225/45 R17 tyres. This would give approximately a 3.5% error on the speedo.

I assume you currently have 205/55 R16 tyres so as long as you use 225/45 R17 tyres with the 17" scout alloys, it'll be fine as the difference is less than 0.5%.

Seats should be interchangable too but as you mentioned, they'll need some work to add the wiring and recode the car :)

The wheels on sale are fitted with 225/50 R17 tires, so if it is 3.5% error then say when I think I am driving  30mhm I would be driving slower than 31mph, at  70 mph it would be 73 mph, would it not be negligible? 

7 minutes ago, eyelash said:

The wheels on sale are fitted with 225/50 R17 tires, so if it is 3.5% error then say when I think I am driving  30mhm I would be driving slower than 31mph, at  70 mph it would be 73 mph, would it not be negligible? 

I suggest you go here and input your current and anticipated tyre sizes.  I did this and to go from 205/60 15 to 225/50 17 I was advised to expect an under read of 5%, so at 60 indicated I would be doing 63 actual.  As most car speedos overread by up to 10% you would probably be OK but I'd strongly suggest you recalibrate at a range of speeds using a stopwatch and the kilometer markers on a motorway.  A GPS may be accurate but is retrospective - i.e. it tells you what speed you were doing, not the speed you are doing at the moment.

1 hour ago, eyelash said:

Hi, the guy seems to be scrapping the scout, how about seats, his drivers seat is electric mine is manual. Will the car? I know a guy who can wire it just wander if the seats are the same size will fit the rails ect

Yes they will fit as the rails are attached to the seat so they will just bolt in, all you will need to find a way of wiring up the electrics and may be switch the airbag connects if they are different.

• 2 weeks later...

guys I am grateful to everyone who took part and helped out.

just to let you know the scrapped scout was 10 reg plate and mine is 60, so the same year but different halves.

so seats don't fit, multifunctional driving wheel does not fit side mirrors don't fit, my guy said the 60 reg has completely different tech applied, there must have been an upgrade in 2010, just be aware

Like others have said, car speedos often overread by about 5% when on standard size tyres. You can check your actual speed using google maps, as there is now an option for a GPS speedo.

225/50R17 are generally a more expensive tyre size than the more common 225/45R17 size.

If you do fit 225/50R17 tyres instead of 225/45R17 tyres, then you can lower your tyre pressures by about 3psi to give a more comfortable ride. This is because the standard load index of 225/50R17 tyres is 94 (670kg), whereas the standard load index of 225/45R17 tyres is 91 (615kg). So if you normally run 35psi on 225/45R17 tyres, you could run 32psi using the higher sidewalled 225/50R17 tyres.

To work it out exactly, multiple the 225/45R17 tyre pressures by the fraction 615/670 to get the tyre pressures for the 225/50R17 tyres.

The offset of the 7Jx17 Scout rims is ET50, whereas the offset of standard Octavia 7Jx17 rims is ET54. So using Scout 7Jx17 ET50 rims instead of standard 7Jx17 ET54 rims increases your front and rear track by 8mm.

Edited by Carlston

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 22:18, Carlston said:

Like others have said, car speedos often overread by about 5% when on standard size tyres. You can check your actual speed using google maps, as there is now an option for a GPS speedo.

225/50R17 are generally a more expensive tyre size than the more common 225/45R17 size.

If you do fit 225/50R17 tyres instead of 225/45R17 tyres, then you can lower your tyre pressures by about 3psi to give a more comfortable ride. This is because the standard load index of 225/50R17 tyres is 94 (670kg), whereas the standard load index of 225/45R17 tyres is 91 (615kg). So if you normally run 35psi on 225/45R17 tyres, you could run 32psi using the higher sidewalled 225/50R17 tyres.

To work it out exactly, multiple the 225/45R17 tyre pressures by the fraction 615/670 to get the tyre pressures for the 225/50R17 tyres.

The offset of the 7Jx17 Scout rims is ET50, whereas the offset of standard Octavia 7Jx17 rims is ET54. So using Scout 7Jx17 ET50 rims instead of standard 7Jx17 ET54 rims increases your front and rear track by 8mm.

Carlston you seem to know a lot about it I am just a driver not much clue.  in simple language is such change from 205/55 R16 on standard skoda alloys to the 17 inches standard alloys from Scout beneficial? will it be safer or better drive?

3 hours ago, eyelash said:

Carlston you seem to know a lot about it I am just a driver not much clue.  in simple language is such change from 205/55 R16 on standard skoda alloys to the 17 inches standard alloys from Scout beneficial? will it be safer or better drive?

205/55R16 tyres are more comfortable than 17" tyres of the same outside diameter. I would stick to 16s. Safety as far as tyres go, is about using appropriate tyres for the conditions. If you don't use winter tyres in the winter, then good quality all-season tyres (with the 3PMSF symbol) will help with safety in the winter and provide adequate safety in the summer.

Edited by Carlston