Protective Foil for Loading Edge

Dear all,

On MY19/20 models, you can now specify a Skoda Accessory called "Protective Foil for Loading Edge" - is seems to be a clear plastic film on the loading boot edge.  I suspect it will fit all Mk3 Estates.

Does anybody know the Skoda/VW part number so I order and fit it retrospectively.

Thanks

Max

protective-foil-edge.png

Arh - as always - I seem to answer my own questions.  Shame I cannot find anybody who stocks it...

Part No: 5E5061197A

Thanks

Max

Edited by varaderoguy
comments

Sorry folks, I should have been clearer. I am looking for the specific transparent film as per original equipment and the part number I quoted above. I don't rate the rear protectors (especially as I have a Scout that needs a different tray).

I appreciate that the OP wants to source the specific Skoda/VW part, but for anyone else interested, I cannot imagine that this is anything other than common-or-garden "helicopter tape" that is available from various Ebay  sellers at a much cheaper price than the £30 quoted above. I have used it on various cars for this purpose.

The Yeti ones from rearguards are from £45 to £60+ and no doubt delivery on top, silly money, my Octavias MK1 & MK2 both had them built in to the bumper.

I bought a generic one from Ali-Express, made of ribbed (ridged?) rubber precut, tapered &  radiused ends with a border all around, bad description but it looked the part but the self adhesive tape was useless and it proved impossible to lay down to follow the contour of the bumper, I am OCD!

So I set out centrally an excat template made with masking tape & then used contact adhesive & it looks a million dollars, there is a tiny excess of adhesive to remove sometime but you cant really see it at the moment, I will roll it off like a bogey when the weather is hot.

I really cant believe the price of these things

The thing about these bumper protectors is that they all look nice when put on in shiny black or shiny chrome but then they get scratched by the dog/loading awkward items,etc so you are sort of back to where you were before...a tatty looking bumper top.

Just have a cloth inside the hatch to pull over the bumper every time you load something?...cheaper as well.

The rubber one on mine is in keeping with the utilitarian look of the vehicle and wont look any tattier than how it started off!

Looking for a rear bumper for my 2018 Octavia Scout . Looking at a number of sites that sell them they all state “not for Scout”. Is there any site selling for the Scout 2018.

Thanks