First free service after paying off finance early

Gingola10

When I purchased my Karoq I took out the finance to get the £1500 deposit contribution and the two free services. I then paid off the finance within the first  14 days. 

My question is, has anyone who has paid off their finance successfully claimed the free services?

I'm asking as my first service is approaching and the only proof I have of being entitled to a free service is in my finance agreement which I have paid off? 

Hope that's not too confusing! 

Quite a few people on here including myself have got free service plans by taking out PCP contracts and then paying them off the next day.

You still get to keep your services, I have used one of mine already

• Like 1

It actually very simple. The deal is if you buy the car on finance, then you receive two free services.

Question: Did you buy your car on finance?  Answer: yes

I can see where the OP is coming from by paying off the PCP early but when you think about it, that arrangement is made after you buy the car.

The question I always asked myself was who buys the car under a PCP - is it me or the Finance company?  I was always under the impression it was the finance company but I was wrong. 

31 minutes ago, Scot5 said:

The question I always asked myself was who buys the car under a PCP - is it me or the Finance company?  I was always under the impression it was the finance company but I was wrong. 

But the Finance company is the legal owner of the vehicle till it’s paid off.

https://www.creditplus.co.uk/blog/legal-ownership/

Same here, I paid off the PCP as soon as I got home from the dealers to avoid any interest charges. Over the phone VW Finance were nice as pie and confirmed I would still keep the free services. I had my first free service last year, and a free major service comes up in May.

• Like 1

You should have received a letter through the post from Skoda Finance, a few weeks / months after purchase detailing the services and what they entail.

If you didn't get the letter then ring up Skoda Finance and ask them why not.

Mine came through around the same time I got all the correspondence associated with the clearing of the finance and closing down of the finance agreement etc.