Duxford gratitude

Kentish

Cheers guys and gals who braved the awful weather at Duxford today, it was nice for me to be able to put some names to faces.

My apologise for going without to many goodbyes, but I am afraid the youngest Miss Kentish was complaining of starvation....so thank the lord for BK at the services Junction 8, M11.

Anyway once again THANKYOU to those that sorted todays meet, and those that braved the weather.

One thing today did show me, was how well planted the Superb is at motorway speeds in heavy rain and standing water as it never flinched once,where others got the jitters.

Cheers guys, and thankyou

Andy

I'll second the thanks and also mention that the weather was absolutely foul. Shame really as we weren't able to spend as much time nattering about stuff. As Kentish says, good to put faces to names. And also thanks to Kentish my car still looks shiny even though the downpours on the motorway did their best.

For those of you who didn't make it I can confirm...

Des' hands really are tiny. Almost childlike but more feminine if you know what I mean. Very soft.

Jon isn't at all how I imagined and apparently he loved the Superb so much he's packed in all this modding nonsense and can now be seen 'wafting' in comfort wondering why he ever wasted all that money.

Big K isn't that big but carries one of those hammers like Thor in the Marvel comics.

Denis is a giant of a man. 6'8" at least with a deep baritone voice and stern military bearing. The RAF handlebar mustache is neatly twirled up at the ends. I think he uses wax.

Des' hands really are tiny. Almost childlike but more feminine if you know what I mean. Very soft.

Jon isn't at all how I imagined and apparently he loved the Superb so much he's packed in all this modding nonsense and can now be seen 'wafting' in comfort wondering why he ever wasted all that money.

Big K isn't that big but carries one of those hammers like Thor in the Marvel comics.

Denis is a giant of a man. 6'8" at least with a deep baritone voice and stern military bearing. The RAF handlebar mustache is neatly twirled up at the ends. I think he uses wax.

:rofl:

Indeed' date=' big thanks to all who made the trip from wherever...

The weather could only be described as [b']foul[/b] :eek: How do you southereners live with it? You really should venture up into the tropical north more often ;)

Nice to put a few more names to faces, but the weather prevented more lengthy nattering.

Apologies for the early departure, blame the weather (again). At least i got a glimpse of sun on the way home...

Which lasted about 5 minutes before it went dark :rolleyes:

Hi guys and gals

enjoyed today apart from the weather ok for ducks,also thanks to my fellow convoy partners Rich and Geoff for the journey down 1/1/2 hours from worksop,speed limits observed all the way.special mention for Geoff and his all singing and dancing tomtom,well led all the way.Rich, nice pace on the way home :drive:

Despite the foul weather (A14 in particular was so much fun on the drive home), it was very good to see new & old faces, and the turnout was pretty amazing, especially considering that everyone got soaked :D

Thanks to Denis for herding everyone in to the "holding pen" to sort out numbers, everyone for turning out, and of course, the mighty british weather :thumbup:

Again, thanks for such a good day. Well the start of it was! Got to about 12.30 and SWMBO collapsed, so ended up going to addenbrook hospital. Was there for about 3-4 hours. Just got home, starved and thirsty and bloody knackered! :(

So sorry for not saying goodbye. Would have tried to find someone to let them know what had happened, but a) had no-ones number and B) didn't have a clue how to get to hospital, so had to follow the ambulance. Hope to see you all again soon under better circumstances. :)

btw, She is ok, sort of. She has had a spate of collapsing for no apparent reason for a few months now, but docs can't find anything wrong! :confused:

Great turnout! Shame the weather spoiled the day and curtailed the pre- and post-aircraft gazing activities. Shame also I couldn't put a few more names and faces to usernames. I now know the faces but not sure of the names!! I have to say, Denis was nothing like I had imagined him! (don't worry Denis, nothing 'of the night' about you - and thanks for sorting out the melee that was our entrance into the museum).

Duxford was well worth a visit, but the jrs were getting a bit bored, wet, cold and hungry so sorry we ducked out a bit early. Hope everyone else enjoyed themselves and had a safe and uneventful journey home.

BTW - did anyone else notice how extortionate the catering prices were, or is it just me exhibiting Scottish traits again??

:cheers:

:D :D :D I thought it was quite a hoot!

... And on a more general note, so was the whole day. Thank you to the people responsible for organization, (including the impromptu herding of DGW who, by the way, was exactly as I imagined him, too) and also to everyone else who just showed up and allowed me to put a face to their usernames.

I think the museum needs another visit, it's only a shame that I won't be able to tour it again in such distinguished company :bttt:.

To those who suffered my incompetence.

Sorry. :flowers:

To everyone else: I don't even wanna talk about it.

First person to post about this gets a sweetie... :D

Hope everyone enjoyed themselfs..

Sorry to hear about what happened fab16v.. sheesh.. women, can never take them anywhere.. maybe it was the colour of the car :rolleyes: hope you all feel better tomorrow. :):thumbup:

Sorry to hear about what happened fab16v.. sheesh.. women, can never take them anywhere.. maybe it was the colour of the car :rolleyes: hope you all feel better tomorrow. :):thumbup:

Tell me about it. Think it was the shock of seeing so many Skoda's in one place! ;)