Duxford gratitude

Kentish

Great day with a great turnout, shame the weather was against us all. A number of us went and had a post meet natter at a local drinking establishment and were there till about 5.30pm.

I think I know the incident freakcrab was talking about :D .

:rofl:

Methinks I can remember this, because I think I can remember joining in... :D - It was a nice little burn up to Junction 11 and back again though. :thumbup: :p

I've just got back to Devon about 10 minutes ago... It took me two hours to get from junction 8 M11, to the M3 junction on the M25 - Bloody annoying amount of traffic, but once on the A303 it was plain sailing... including having a little 115mph burn along the A30 with some peugeot. :D

Anyway, as Geoff did above, this is for Denis. :D

mini-Plane.jpg

And yes Howard, food

btw, She is ok, sort of. She has had a spate of collapsing for no apparent reason for a few months now, but docs can't find anything wrong! :confused:

Sorry to hear about that mate but I know how you feel.

My missus has collapsed a few times on me (usually when hot) and the doctors could never find anthing wrong with her. Thought it may be due to a low blood count at the 'time of the month' and low oxygen levels in the blood but nowt was ever proven.

Hope she is well.

Ross

Ooops - forgot to thank Alex for the sill protectors - I'll fit them this week if and when I find out the best stuff to stick them down with... (K?)

And to Steve too for.... ahem.... :cheers: :D

I'm off to bed now,[yaaaaaawwwwn] and on the phone to ATS tomorra to check those Marshalls are still

Sorry to hear about that mate but I know how you feel.

My missus has collapsed a few times on me (usually when hot) and the doctors could never find anthing wrong with her. Thought it may be due to a low blood count at the 'time of the month' and low oxygen levels in the blood but nowt was ever proven.

Hope she is well.

Ross

Cheers mate.

It is worrying that nothing can be found, but it doesn't seem to worry her to much now. It's happened so often, she has got used to it now! Shame you couldn't make it and I couldn't see the suspension and wheels in the metal. Possibly see you at a future meet.

Graeme

Yup. I'll second all those views (too lazy to type my own thoughts :D ) including how the way I imagines certain people turned out to be exactly right - not naming people, but you all know who I mean ;)

Cheers Des for the spin (litterally!!). Will have to have a proper scare when the roads are a little drier...

Cheers to Steve for the drink...

Cheers to everyone else for turning up - nice to put some names to faces even though I've forgotten half of the names :1:

Looking forward to the next one now :D

Well, I had a nice day out as well, even though I was forced, kicking and screaming, into driving the Superb up there :D

Nice to see those I've met before again and to meet some new faces.

Question, why would anyone chose to follow a completely random Skoda north up the M11? :confused: ;)

Big K, sorry about the Favorit :D

John and Val, thank you for the present.

Denis, thanks for telling me all about the planes and your experiences with them. Oh, and for ignoring my jibes. ;)

Thanks to all who attended and for those of you that organised all of this.

Steve ;)

Gutted I missed it :( , but im afraid SWMBO made the very good argument that wandering around in pouring rain between hangars etc would not make my 3.5 month old daughter (or her) very happy. As it happens, was quite lucky as our conservatory sprung a leak so had a damage limitation exercise for the rest of the day. Hope to see you all at the next meet.

For those who thought the weather at Duxford was bad, at least most will have missed the torrential rain which started just after I left at 3.50 and followed me on my 35 minute drive home! And that after finding that McD's had suffered a power cut and wasn't open for us between 9 and 10!!

But it was really good to see so many people attend - 27 grown-ups plus 5 children - and to be able to put names to faces at long last. It was a great shame that we couldn't crawl all over each others' cars, and I did note that the Octavia Hatch owners kept their boots firmly shut rather than demonstrate the 'goldfish bowl boot' feature of that car. Des only had 2 Volvo police cars when he left Duxford briefly for a spin, but as he came back smiling it looks like he managed to shake them off. Big k did sterling work tweaking a handful of cars, and also donated some goodies which raised some cash for Briskoda. Many thanks, Karl. (As all but 2 cars had gone by the time I left, I assume that most members were satisfied with that tweaking....) Graham, I hope SWMBO has recovered now and that the problem is identified soon and fixed.

Having flown the Shackleton from Northern Ireland between 1967 and 1969, I have to say that it did look at home in the rain - nice piccies, Geoff and Jason - and I will be booking a personal tour of it with SWMBO when the weather is guaranteed to be good. Meanwhile, I hope we will all meet again under more favourable skies one day. :( :)

PS: Couldn't post last night because my NTL link went down during torrential rain.

Was a good day, thanks to who organised the day even if the weather needed a lot to be deseired.

Sorry to hear about you other half Fab16v hope shes ok, wondered where you had got to.

Thanks to big K for sorting out my alarm noise that probably annoyed everyone every time i unlocked the doors

Just a shame the weather was bad.

For those who thought the weather at Duxford was bad' date=' at least most will have missed the torrential rain which started just after I left at 3.50 and followed me on my 35 minute drive home! And that after finding that McD's had suffered a power cut and wasn't open for us between 9 and 10!!

But it was really good to see so many people attend - 27 grown-ups plus 5 children - Des only had 2 Volvo police cars when he left Duxford briefly for a spin, but as he came back smiling it looks like he managed to shake them off. [/quote']

Are you sure it wasn't 27 grown up children with 5 sprogs?

only prob with mcdonalds being shut was it was a bugger to keep dry although some builders managed to cheer some of us up.

Thanks to des for taking me with you on the drive, and i thought the traction control on my furby was bad! It looked like Xavier was lost for words later on though.

Having flown the Shackleton from Northern Ireland between 1967 and 1969, I have to say that it did look at home in the rain - nice piccies, Geoff and Jason - and I will be booking a personal tour of it with SWMBO when the weather is guaranteed to be good.
Hmm, but then, if it's nice and sunny, the steamed up windows may look suspicious if it isn't wet outside :p ;):D

Sorry Denis, couldn't resist. Hard day back at work after a week off and the fun yesterday. Just venting off steam (oops, no pun intended) ;)

I'd just like to add my 2p and say thanks to everyone for organising, esp. Stimps for starting the whole thing off.

Thanks to Karl for the auto-locking, that'll stop our children falling out of the car!

It was a shame I only met a few people, but am glad I met the ones I did. We all thought Duxford was great, went round all the hangers, got soaked through, ate some v. expensive food, and everyone fell asleep (except me of course) on the drive home, so it was well worth it IMHO.

Did wonder where everyone had gone by just after 3pm with only a couple of cars left in carpark, there goes my photo oportunity until next time!

Thanks again,

Andy

Sounds like I missed a good day. On the other hand, as Le Shuttle emerged from the tunnel in France, the sun was shining! We had a mild and pleasant day in the Pas De Calais, only to get back to this side, and find it was STILL raining! I was happy to be in a nice, warm stable car for the squelch back up the M20!

Phil

yes thanks to everyone who attended and the organiseres sorry i didn't meet all of you but i must have met over half of the people attending sorry i missed a few people who wanted programing maybee i can put in an "apperance" on the next one? great day apart from the weather cheers big k.

In fact, the only decent photos I did get were of the cars! Whilst the museum was amazing, I feel that some of the awe was down to the sheer size of the machines ... and I rarely managed to get far enough away from them to get a whole 'plane in shot. Whilst the undercarriage of a concorde is stunning when you're there, it isn't somehow captured in my photos. Well done MonkeyHanger!

Si

PS, I assume people want their plates obliterated before I share any of my piccies with the board? If I hear nothing, I'll assume you (we) do. I guess FreakCrab might be the only possible exception - his plate is plastered all over my dealer's showroom :).