Updating Columbus

Hi , I would really appreciate some help, I’ve tried downloading the new maps to update the SatNav, but having difficulty in getting on the SDCard, one problem was the card was only 15gb and the download was 25.6gb. But what I would like to ask some kind person who is IT savvy, I will send a fresh 32gb sd card if you could download and instal it on the card for me to just put it back in the card and forget about it. I will pay some beer money or make a donation to a charity of your choice. I am just not able to sort it myself. Here’s hoping  that someone is bored enough at home to help.

32 minutes ago, john999boy said:

As MartiniB says, it's probably best to wait a few weeks for the very latest updates.

I'd also assist with putting the files on a suitable device and sending it to you. 

I'll PM about that later.

Ok thanks, I’ll probably need a new card, as the Skoda card is only 15gb, what type of card do I need, write speed type etc, or could you recommend one and I’ll order one in preparation for the new update.

1 minute ago, freelunch said:

Except you can also use the SD card in your camera. 👍

Yes, I suppose you can.

I can think of a few situations where a USB can be used while an SD card is surplus to requirements, but I'm not sure there's much mileage in this argument. coffee.gif

9 hours ago, Hamster59 said:

need a new card, as the Skoda card is only 15gb

does your navigation works without SD card?
if SD required then it's Amundsen not Columbus, update files are completely different
-> https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/480367-amundsen-mib2-map-updates/

Apart from the VW portal as MartiniB posted, the update may now be available once you input your VIN on the Skoda Update Portal

Shown as:-

ECE 2020/2021

Valid since CW25 2020

12 hours ago, NJB31 said:

now be available once you input your VIN on the Skoda Update Portal

few days ago added dirrect links to Škoda file too

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/481746-columbus-map-update-2020-2021-mib1mib2mib2h/

Škoda has also updated Amundsen files, but that are half year old

Thanks for that! I have downloaded that thinking it had been updated. However, the Skoda portal seems to indicate downloading directly to a SD or USB stick, or am I wrong again.

My last effort was downloaded as a zip file, unzipped onto my computer hard disc and then onto a 64 GB stick. I haven't tried to update the car yet.

Will the direct download from Skoda work without unzipping, as it seems to indicate? What should the stick be formalised as?

Edited by Sandgroper

2 hours ago, Sandgroper said:

Thanks for that! I have downloaded that thinking it had been updated. However, the Skoda portal seems to indicate downloading directly to a SD or USB stick, or am I wrong again.

My last effort was downloaded as a zip file, unzipped onto my computer hard disc and then onto a 64 GB stick. I haven't tried to update the car yet.

Will the direct download from Skoda work without unzipping, as it seems to indicate? What should the stick be formalised as?

You need to download the file from the Skoda or alternative portal, and then unzip/extract the downloaded file to a blank SD card of minimum size 32Gb, formatted with Fat32. Insert the SD card into the SD slot in the car. Go to the settings menu then system, and it should automatically offer to do the software update - this will take about 55 minutes

On 10/06/2020 at 20:27, freelunch said:

Except you can also use the SD card in your camera. 👍

And its also handy place to keep a card safe and secure should you need one unexpectedly!