Getting rid maybe; grab what you can

Hi all

Due to my health I’m probably going to have to part with my much loved Superb. I bought the car for commuting but I’m now on long term sick leave and doubt I’ll be going back.

This is just an FYI thread for now, but feel free to contact me if there’s anything you have your eye on so that if the time comes I can be fair with ppl

Just thought I’d let you all know it’s a possibility so if you’re interested in anything I’ve added over the years or indeed the whole car, please let me know.

Unmarked 19” wheels with PS4S all round will be available to SWAP

Eibach 15mm spacers x4

Steering wheel with paddles to SWAP

Dynamic sweeping mirror indicators

R600 intake

MTC intake hose & turbo elbow

Racingline turbo muffler delete

Rear bumper conversion (Rieger skirt with Scirrocco R tips)

Rear spoiler if it comes off in one piece

Front fog frames if they come off ok

Mudflaps

Travall rubber boot liner

Travall car specific dog guard

Loads and loads and loads of bits from Superskoda e.g. tinted rear reflectors, boot lights, puddle lights, pedals...

As you know my car has been looked after very well indeed and I’ll be sorry to see it go but it may as well go to someone else who can enjoy it rather than sitting around..

Car has stage 1 Revo remap and all the L&K goodies plus sunroof

It also has a Pandora system fitted which works with KESSY and includes secure remote engine start from upto a mile away. 

All the best 

6558F303-60CA-4E32-A3F9-058BFFD6149B.jpeg

Edited by drewellis
  • Sad 2

I forgot to add these details

2016 (16 plate)

62,000 miles

2.0 tsi 220 DSG 

I think tax is £145 and insurance for me is £700 with mods declared - 30yrs old, no points/claims, 11yrs ncd 

shame to hear u have to sell the car @drewellis 😞
more importantly, hope u get back on the road to recovery sooner rather than later.

good luck.

Edited by JR RS
  • Like 2

As above hope you make a full recovery. Wife had a scare in 2005 when only 36 years young and touch wood she is fully recovered from a near fatal episode which took her 6 months just to get enough confidence to go for a relatively short walk without panic attacks. Good luck and like Bigeater always enjoyed reading about your mods.:thumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it means a lot. It will be a sad day but I’ve had such fun with the Superb. We’re going to bugger off in the new motorhome in a couple of months to explore the UK and Europe if Covid doesn’t lock us all down again. Until then I can still find excuses to go to the shops etc in the Superb but that’s not justifiable forever unfortunately.

I can also straighten my finances if I sell up, I hate ‘adulting’ but sometimes gotta be sensible I suppose 

🙂

• Like 3

12 hours ago, drewellis said:

Thanks guys, it means a lot. It will be a sad day but I’ve had such fun with the Superb. We’re going to bugger off in the new motorhome in a couple of months to explore the UK and Europe if Covid doesn’t lock us all down again. Until then I can still find excuses to go to the shops etc in the Superb but that’s not justifiable forever unfortunately.

I can also straighten my finances if I sell up, I hate ‘adulting’ but sometimes gotta be sensible I suppose 

🙂

Adulting, good new word! However bumming round Europe isn't really being adult in most peoples books - I can however recommend it 😉 pretty much had 10 years doing it when we both dropped out of real life.

I'm damn sure touring will do you the power of good, be it in the UK or Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NJRJ said:

Adulting, good new word! However bumming round Europe isn't really being adult in most peoples books - I can however recommend it 😉 pretty much had 10 years doing it when we both dropped out of real life.

I'm damn sure touring will do you the power of good, be it in the UK or Europe.

Sounds good! This is our thinking too. Lockdown helped us make the decision as well, I don’t think we’ll be flying anywhere for a while now and every time we went to Spain or Turkey I would look out the window and wonder about all those hidden gems we’re flying over

I’m basically waiting to see what happens job wise; it’s been ongoing since March 2018 and the company I work for really have looked after me... I may find myself in a better position in a month or so but if not, we’ll be hauling our plastic house on wheels around Europe and I probably won’t miss it really 👍

1 hour ago, drewellis said:

Sounds good! This is our thinking too. Lockdown helped us make the decision as well, I don’t think we’ll be flying anywhere for a while now and every time we went to Spain or Turkey I would look out the window and wonder about all those hidden gems we’re flying over

I’m basically waiting to see what happens job wise; it’s been ongoing since March 2018 and the company I work for really have looked after me... I may find myself in a better position in a month or so but if not, we’ll be hauling our plastic house on wheels around Europe and I probably won’t miss it really 👍

Remember only work to live, never live to work. You're in I.T.? then in that case you can probably do some stuff while travelling - it's not even a new thing working from (motor) home, despite what has been happening just lately.

• Like 1

My alloys are pretty special, from Superskoda and to my knowledge not available from UK dealers.

Is anyone interested in them? With my last car I swapped my alloys with someone plus cash before I sold up (extras do nothing to used values so may as well sell separately)

Happy to do something similar again. I’ll get some photos, I think they’re all unmarked and they all have nearly-new (2 months) Michelin PilotSport 4S fitted.