Shame about the engines/gearbox

1 hour ago, roottoot said:

@zetzet

That is plainly not correct as there are plenty that get a replacement MCU when needed and do not get a new DSG be those wet or dry clutch ones. 

Yeah, the control unit is a separate part so it gets replaced. But my point was that refurbishing them in the dealers workshop isn't viable to they swap it instead. 

Also it's not only the DQ200 that has issues, people with vRS models also get DSG failures.

And clutch packs get replaced. Even within 3 years.  There are dealerships with all the gear, techs with training.  Maybe just not enough with experience of DSG,s.   You do not want to be the one with your car getting someone's first try at a fix of.   Refurbishing has never been a main dealership thing where many are Fitters.    Hence the best trained go set up as an Independent or go work for one.    

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

On 26/03/2022 at 08:08, MiniNinjaRob said:

Agreed. 
I had an Astra which started to get a slight whine in the 6sp manual box a few k from new. Just replaced with a new one under warranty at the dealers. Not everything works perfectly all the time from brand new. 

I don’t know how you could possibly think an unseen part of your car has a design flaw when yours breaks. It’s just broken, that’s all. 

I may of over generalised regarding design flaw. It just seemed to me that I noticed a few issues with the DSG on forum posts, but not so much with a manual like mine. These things do happen,  but the car has been in twice now in as many weeks,  the first issue being the much discussed software update.