Driving mode not remembered when engine switched off

This is my 4th Superb.  My last was the 2.0 TDI. 190bhp  4x4 DSG estate mk 3 which I changed last week for the new facelifted 2.0 turbo petrol 280bhp 4x4 DSG estate Sportline plus.  (What a car!)

On my previous car, whichever driving mode I chose to use, was remembered when I next switched the car on.  My new one doesn’t.  It defaults to the standard driving mode every time I switch the engine back on again.

I’ve looked for an option where I can tell it to remember the setting but can’t see it and it’s not referenced in the user handbook.

Anyone else found this or know how to get around it?

My 2016 L&K 280 remembers the driving mode. It's normally left in Sport mode unless "her in doors" is in the car when it has to be changed back to normal or comfort mode. 

Seems your later models may have been changed for the sake of fuel efficiency but should be able to be modified via VCDS - which I do not have. Anyone else know about this one?

I have the Facelift model. I believe that you can't select driving mode and keep it after you've turned off the engine. It's a case of having to engage your chosen mode each time you start the car. I'd like to be contradicted but this is what I understand to be how the Superb is now set up. 

This question has been asked a dozen times.

Sadly, it's the normal behaviour, unless u have the first batch, i.e. MY15 & MY16.  Those ones remembered the last Drive mode selected.

No one has succeeded in cracking this nut.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2020 at 19:50, Mike2105 said:

for the new facelifted 2.0 turbo petrol 280bhp 4x4 DSG estate Sportline plus.  (What a car!)

Facelift or 280ps?!  Can't be both!  :tongueout:

And yes, sadly this is a feature of at least MY19 cars and later on (maybe even 18s), people who are quite knowledgeable in that stuff have said it's not possible to change this even via VCDS/OBDEleven...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newbie69 said:

Actually u can 😜

That's wat we'll b getting here in Oz from the 3rd Qtr this year - the new facelift with the 220 and 280 engines carried over.

The only facelift Superb we have available now in Oz is the Scout, sporting the WLTP engine.

We're only getting 300 of these.

The rest of the Superb facelift range will reach our shores end of this year, but with old engines.

This because of the crappy fuel we get here.

10 hours ago, newbie69 said:

And yes, sadly this is a feature of at least MY19 cars and later on (maybe even 18s), people who are quite knowledgeable in that stuff have said it's not possible to change this even via VCDS/OBDEleven...

I don’t understand this.

It’s a facelift model - brand new.  Sportline Plus 280bhp 4x4 DSG estate.    

what makes you think the 280bhp isn’t continued into the facelift model? 

37 minutes ago, Mike2105 said:

I don’t understand this.

It’s a facelift model - brand new.  Sportline Plus 280bhp 4x4 DSG estate.    

what makes you think the 280bhp isn’t continued into the facelift model? 

If it's a 69 plate facelift Superb it has the 268bhp engine (272PS) with a 7 speed DSG like my March 2019 Sportline. The earlier 276bhp (280PS) model from launch in 2015 (65 plate onwards) had a 6 speed DSG box.