Correct disks for a 1.6d estate 2014

7 hours ago, Bigtow said:

the nice man at skoda said the pr code is 1zf and they should be 276mm

It looks like the OEM part number for the 276mm discs with code PR-1ZF is 5Q0615301A

Here's a listing for Bosch and Brembo discs matching that part number on autodoc.co.uk

https://www.autodoc.co.uk/car-parts/oem/5q0615301a?search=OEN+5Q0615301A&supplier[1]=65&supplier[2]=30

Edited by Carlston
  • Thanks 1

On 28/07/2020 at 13:53, bigade1 said:

@PetrolDave, @Wino and @Bigtow

This site is a godsend. It lists every pr code for your car. You'll find the front and rear brake disc codes along with a lot of other extra codes not even shown in your handbook or sticker:

https://carinfo.kiev.ua/cars/vin/skoda

Thanks for this link, it decoded everything from my VIN number. 👍

All I have to do now is try and make sense of all the information. 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wino said:

Oh that's good news that it's still working for some.  The PR codes are dead useful on parts sites where there are several possibilities that need to be narrowed down. 

Yes indeed! I now know how big my brake disks are. :D

I also know I haven't got heated washer jets. (Which I shall probably add)

Likewise no cornering fog lights.

And a UAZ (7A) gearbox, which I'm trying to work out which one that is.

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone, may I ask you about my car Skoda Octavia III Combi 1.6 diesel 4x4 manual (5e5), what are correct dimensions for front brake discs: 276mm, 288mm or 312mm.?

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, MetBuza said:

Hello everyone, may I ask you about my car Skoda Octavia III Combi 1.6 diesel 4x4 manual (5e5), what are correct dimensions for front brake discs: 276mm, 288mm or 312mm.?

Thank you in advance.

It won't be 312x25mm, because the 1.6TDI doesn't have enough power. Even the Octavia MK3 2.0TDI 150HP only uses 288x25mm front brake discs.

It is either 276x24mm or 288x25mm depending on the car's build code for the front brakes. Build code 1ZF means 276x24mm, and build code 1ZE means 288x25mm.

You might have a white build code label under the carpet near the spare wheel well. This has some of the build codes on.

Edited by Carlston

On 28/07/2020 at 14:29, Breezy_Pete said:

Ah, well done, you're sorted then.

61mm instead of 51; interesting...

I'll edit my last reply accordingly.

Concerning rear discs for axle beam suspension: 51mm heigh for pre-FaceLift models and 61mm for FL models. FL have another track width/another axle beam.

ETKA knows this but aftermarket brake catalogues- not always.

1ZE front and 1KD rear is popular combination for moderate powerplants. Both my '2016 110kW 2L tdi and my friends' '2013 77kW 1.6 tdi has similar brakes.