Annoying things about the Mk4!

1 hour ago, OctaviaMK4 said:

No dome light :) Reading lights. The left one for some reason.

I've seen this issue somewhere else. Ended up having the light fitting replaced.

I realised yesterday I've messed up getting the MK4, purely because the wife has a Mk8 golf so we're both going to have the same issues 😂

Luckily none so far. But seeing familiar comments between this forum and the golf MK8 one.

• Groan 1

Here's an irritation of the software. Pressing the heated steering wheel button brings up the AC menu. Really annoying as you then have to reach over to turn it off. 

Voice activation seems sensitive too so had to turn off the target word so hopefully that's sorted that. 

Agree with the voice activation. I reported it and was told it was correct. So sensitive. You could be having a conversation with someone and 'how can I help you' would come out of the blue. What!  Like you I've turned it off.

Umm, might be a hoax.. but..

Hi Guys!

Did anyone of you notice strangely flickering dome lights from the back seats side of the roof?

I just picked up the car from the dealer (after sunset), and during my way home one of the dome lights behind me randomly turned on and off, repetedly, couple mins interval.

After my arrival, while parking, I was also noticed this when I simply did some “first steps” in the infotainment. Behind the driver seat light, dark, light, dark... but only one of them. (2 pcs)

I mean, what the f..? :D 

Strangely those lights came on on their own and then went off a few times when I'd had the car a couple of months. Hasn't happened since ... very strange gremlins ... My thoughts were 'now what? ' to add to all the other things ☹️

One of my internal rear lights was on the other day, blamed my daughter! Anyway, just got car back from dealers for some warranty work, had mentioned the irritating issue where if you turn engine / demist on when de-icing car, then open the door to scrape windows, when you get back in the car is totally fogged up. Turns out this is by design - eco mode which turns aircon off when it thinks you are out of the car. You have to turn the system to manual each time they say before you open the door if you want the aircon to remain on. Bloody stupid. 

• Groan 1

9 hours ago, Pob17 said:

One of my internal rear lights was on the other day, blamed my daughter! Anyway, just got car back from dealers for some warranty work, had mentioned the irritating issue where if you turn engine / demist on when de-icing car, then open the door to scrape windows, when you get back in the car is totally fogged up. Turns out this is by design - eco mode which turns aircon off when it thinks you are out of the car. You have to turn the system to manual each time they say before you open the door if you want the aircon to remain on. Bloody stupid. 

You mean eco mode as driving eco mode? Or something else? Not sure why one would change the drive mode to eco before scraping ice from the windows since it changes to normal each time you turn on the car.

Just now, TheUltraRunner said:

You mean eco mode as driving eco mode? Or something else? Not sure why one would change the drive mode to eco before scraping ice from the windows since it changes to normal each time you turn on the car.

Think he meant “standard eco”. (unturnoffable)

Like the engineers’ last brainstorm in the factory before mass production:

”-They won’t get out from the car to scrap, there’s cold out there” :D 

42 minutes ago, mr44 said:

Think he meant “standard eco”. (unturnoffable)

Like the engineers’ last brainstorm in the factory before mass production:

”-They won’t get out from the car to scrap, there’s cold out there” :D 

Sorry...but what is standard eco? Maybe I'm missing something since this is my first Skoda. :blush:

44 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Sorry...but what is standard eco? Maybe I'm missing something since this is my first Skoda. :blush:

Sorry, it’s my words on eco things that you can’t turn off. Like the cylinders auto turn off  setting.

• Like 1

On 15/11/2020 at 18:46, SoupDragon said:

lane assist is very annoying. It's ok on M roads and A roads where the lanes are well marked and wide but on B roads and narrow country lanes it can not cope. It keeps on bonging and saying 'please keep to the middle of the lane' over and over when I am trying to avoid broken road surfaces and pot holes etc. It's a bit annoying on main roads when you always have to  indicate when turning off, even when there is no one there to see your indicators. It would be better if it defaulted to OFF. 

I'm VERY happy to report that, having experienced this on a borrowed Mk4 vRS, that our new Octavia delivered last week has a very well behaved lane assist. I was extremely worried because it was just painful, but so far in about 50 miles of driving on mainly B-roads, I haven't heard the alarm or seen the message 'keep to the middle of the lane' once. Must be a software update. Thank the lord!!

• Thanks 1

:biggrin: Not sure why.  But looks like they managed to fix quite a few bugs with the updates since I didn't notice any since I got the car. For example last week I started a car a couple of time at -10°C and screen didn't have any lag (as mentioned by a few members).

Ohh I almost forgot. I also got a system update yesterday. But strangely none of  versions have changed.  I have 1788 since I got the car last Friday. :blink: