Indicators flashing rapidly

MGBrno

The front and wing indicators on my 65 plate Citigo have stopped working. The lights on the dash flash rapidly when the indicator stalk is set to both left and right turn. Rear indicators both working with turn signal and hazard switch. Both bulbs in the main headlight appear intact and not blown. Any advice or tips to solve. Thanks. 

I’ve come across this myself and l was also convinced that the bulbs were ok. But, when I took it out and held up against a brand new bulb there was a very slight black tinge to the bulb. Replaced the bulb and was all good. 

Gotta be worth a look. 

Edited by jars

Now you've said that it's made me realise just having the filament intact perhaps isn't a sufficient (pardon the pun) indicator that the bulb is still good. I did notice a black tinge on one of the bulbs and will get some new ones tomorrow and fingers crossed this will solve the issue. Thanks jars. 

I changed both indicator bulbs for new ones. This has not resolved the problem. Process of elimination, now need to change the bulbs on the wings and if that still doesn't sort it no doubt it'll be more complicated and possibly costly. 

Not sure if these use canbus or not, or indeed, if the indicators are driven through a relay on these cars (which could be faulty...).

Disconnect and reconnect a battery terminal to force a reset of the ECU to see what happens.

It still sounds like an open circuit or a short, whether bulbs are involved or not.

Are all the bulbs definitely correctly seated and the connections in the holders clean? What about the rear bulbs?; they are on the same circuit....

Edited by freemansteve

Thanks Gissin. It does appear to be a fuse issue. Strangely the rear indicators must work on a separate fuse. The Skoda handbook shows the fuse that controls the blinking light and brake lights is 32. Online diagrams show it as 27.

I've also found that the brake lights were not working. 

Having tried to remove the fuse or was enough to start the indicators working and the brake lights were okay again. This quickly went again. A friend has suggested it might need a new fuse box??