Adding a wireless charger

6 minutes ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

Does it really matter if you’re only in the car for 15mins as you have said? It’s barely 4 songs, or maybe one if it’s Pink Floyd. 😂😂

Little things matter ;)

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Skodamk4 said:

also, besides the price of several hundred, there is a problem, that the original wireless charger cannot be turned off.

my new listings

UK https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234444209797

EU https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234444206913

What is the surface finish to those chargers? Hard to tell from photos. Standard is a rubber mat and I’d like it to be not slippy so the phone doesn’t move about. 

• Sponsor
6 hours ago, PITBULL4X4 said:

Why is not being able to turn it off a issue? 

Why would you want to turn it off  😂

It's a QI charger with the capability of being used as a telephone signal amplifier, not like they've just bundled Chinese 💩 into a centre console trim 

We're struggling to understand why you would want wires visible/taking up a port with a wireless charger installation 

Edited by East_Yorkshire_Retrofits
  • Groan 1

49 minutes ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

Why would you want to turn it off  😂

It's a QI charger with the capability of being used as a telephone signal amplifier, not like they've just bundled Chinese 💩 into a centre console trim 

We're struggling to understand why you would want wires visible/taking up a port with a wireless charger installation 

Look we get it, you’re trying to sell your product. But rubbishing the product Skodamk4 has made, for a small fraction of what you are charging, isn’t the best way to go about your business.

Some people might want the original kit fitted for a few hundred pounds, others like me can’t afford and and in any case would be quite happy to save a huge amount of money and just have one tiny discreet cable in a place you can barely see it. 

And I’ve said before the signal amplification just isn’t needed. 

• Like 1
  • Groan 1

30 minutes ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

Look we get it, you’re trying to sell your product. But rubbishing the product Skodamk4 has made, for a small fraction of what you are charging, isn’t the best way to go about your business. 

Neither is making out something is a issue when it’s not 🤷‍♂️ Skodamk4 suggests that not being able to turn it off is a problem when it is not. Can’t see why you’d want/need to turn the charger off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, East_Yorkshire_Retrofits said:

I think the phrase goes 

"Buy cheap, buy twice" 

Wow. Still persisting? 🙄

After a couple of decades experience in retail I can guarantee you that trying to make your name by rubbishing other peoples products never ends well. 

• Kiss 1

16 minutes ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

Wow. Still persisting? 🙄

After a couple of decades experience in retail I can guarantee you that trying to make your name by rubbishing other peoples products never ends well. 

by you  dont go on and on dont you,

• Haha 1

On 06/03/2022 at 01:55, Xavicom said:

Thanks @Skodamk4 yesterday I ordered mine! ;)

I would really like to get feedback. I sold about 10 charges and received only 2 reviews. Maybe I can make it even better.

On 05/03/2022 at 15:11, MiniNinjaRob said:

What is the surface finish to those chargers? Hard to tell from photos. Standard is a rubber mat and I’d like it to be not slippy so the phone doesn’t move about. 

This is PETG, but the phone in Silicone cover does not slip

----

I'm not trying to make money on this charger, it's just an opportunity to add some convenient functionality at almost the cost of parts. (PCB+cable+Prusament galaxy black+print time 2h+assembly+ebay fee about 5 eur..)
First I did it for myself, then for all my friends with the same car. And somehow, over a bottle of beer, we decided that it might be useful for someone else.

• Like 1
  • Love it! 2

25 minutes ago, Skodamk4 said:

check this topic 

So 1 person not wanting a wireless charger at all makes the wireless charger not being able to be unplugged a problem? 

your version seems a good alternative for a cheaper price but I don’t agree with not being able to turn it off being a problem. 

I personally just use a mag safe mount next to my steering wheel and I spend a lot of time in my car and I’ve never wanted to unplug my charger and couldn’t you just put your phone face down if you don’t want it to charge? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skodamk4 said:

I would really like to get feedback. I sold about 10 charges and received only 2 reviews. Maybe I can make it even better.

This is PETG, but the phone in Silicone cover does not slip

----

I'm not trying to make money on this charger, it's just an opportunity to add some convenient functionality at almost the cost of parts. (PCB+cable+Prusament galaxy black+print time 2h+assembly+ebay fee about 5 eur..)
First I did it for myself, then for all my friends with the same car. And somehow, over a bottle of beer, we decided that it might be useful for someone else.

It looks like a really good product and certainly a very good price for a wireless charger accessory, even with the added postage. Thanks for making it available. 

• Like 1

On 05/03/2022 at 21:59, Joss1733 said:

by you  dont go on and on dont you,

What is your problem? I’m just trying to help them. If you don’t like people posting comments then maybe the internet isn’t for you. 😂😂

• Groan 1

41 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

@East_Yorkshire_Retrofits do you have the part number for this trim for the DSG?

A Skoda dealer might be able to help with a parts number.
There are some of the Mk4 models appearing in breakers yards so it might be worth having a look in one near you if it has the wireless charging as it would be a lot cheaper to buy it from a breaker than the new parts.

Only problem might be condition of the part and if you can remove it yourself (some breakers aren’t very careful!!). 
Have a look here: http://www.partshark.co.uk/used-car-parts-breaking-vehicles/skoda/octavia/

Edited by MiniNinjaRob