Just ordered a Karoq

KaroqHenry

I ordered a Karoq on the 24th August.  A 1.0TSI SE Technology with optional heated seats and a spare wheel.  As  I refuse to pay extra for paint, it will be Energy Blue.  The dealer said it was a 7 week deleivery time for factory order Karoqs, so should get it mid October.  Can't help but think that is a rediculously long wait.

It takes at least 3 weeks to get from the factory to UK, so it must have been a dealer ordered car intercepted to meet your requirements. Dealers often swap cars amongst themselves if a customer wants a particular colour and options and someone has one coming.

When you get a car built it takes at least a month or more to start on the production line from date of order as the various components have to be ordered so they arrive on time.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kenfowler3966 said:

When you get a car built it takes at least a month or more to start on the production line from date of order as the various components have to be ordered so they arrive on time.

When I ordered my Golf Plus in July 2011, it wasn't built until November 2011 because there were major delays in their sunroof suppliers! This time with my Karoq it could well be they hadn't foreseen the demand for Area View in the MY21 cars?

yeah as said 7 weeks is pretty quick. we had to wait 4 months for our Kodiaq then Covid hit and it was another 2 months late. my Karo is due here in late October, that was ordered at the end of July. if you took heated seats off i reckon you would get it even quicker due to stock possibly sitting around

44 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Its been 10 weeks since my order. Supposed to have been built last week.

Andy

No email from Skoda UK saying it's In Production yet??

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, AndyC said:

My Karoq has arrived at dealers. Just under 13 weeks from order. Will collect next Thursday.

Andy

Does it normally take the dealer about a week to complete the PDI, registration and not sure what else they do TBH

10 minutes ago, Dyrnog said:

Does it normally take the dealer about a week to complete the PDI, registration and not sure what else they do TBH

I don't really know. The dealer has been busy and I guess they may have a lot of orders coming through at the same time. My other thouht was that they may have met their September sales target and want to get October of to a good start, but they wouldn't hold my handover up for that reason, would they?

Andy

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

I don't really know. The dealer has been busy and I guess they may have a lot of orders coming through at the same time. My other thouht was that they may have met their September sales target and want to get October of to a good start, but they wouldn't hold my handover up for that reason, would they?

Andy

If it's registered in late September, you're paying for the whole month's VED. So it makes more sense to register it at the start of October?

4 hours ago, edbostan said:

I know perhaps that all options may not be fitted but I buy from stock. My Roomster 1.2 SE was in the dealers back yard still wrapped in the white protective sheeting but I bought  and owned it a week later.

My 190ps Edition was in the showroom when I took my Yeti in for a haldex and brake service. I ended up having this free and driving the Karoq home next day last month. 20 reg but useful saving to get it out of stock before reg change and hopefully I will keep it for some time.