Second Hand buying red flags - 272 Petrol

2 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

I would be nervous about buying a car from another country, difficult to deal with warranty issues when the dealer is that far away.

Well I have a Skoda dealer in my town so any warranty issues are still covered by my local Skoda. So the risk is minimal and limited to small niggley problems that someone might return to a local dealer with. If there is any serious issue that is not warranty I still have the 30day/1000 mile guarantee from the selling Skoda dealer and the 12 month warranty. So pretty much that same protections just a bit more inconvenient if there are any problems. But the car I have in mind right now is only 11 months old so chances of issues are slim. 

On 04/09/2020 at 18:48, MarkyG82 said:

Needs double checking but pretty sure the DCC in any model sits 10mm lower than standard. So a DCC sportline is 5mm higher than a non DCC sportline.

It's not the ride height that DCC should be bought for. Despite my initial post on buying the Superb after the GTI, regarding a floaty feeling and sticking with my GTI or similar around twisting A roads, DCC In sport mode changes it completely and there's a lot more confidence-inspiring body control when pushing on a bit....I don't mean Rally GB power slides before anybody gets too excited. I think it's a very good options, standard as with with all the other goodies on the L&K. 

• Like 1

@Redboy I should have said it's 'only' 5mm higher. Also as a comparison with another model with the same drivetrain and DCC the difference is in spec and appearance rather than driving ability. 

I didn't really explain myself very well. Unless the sportline had stiffer springs? Even with the same height...

15 hours ago, AJAMESR said:

Just a little note to thank all for their input. Some very helpful thoughts. In the end I have secured a 272 Sportline fully loaded. About 11 months old. Should have it in Ireland by the end of next week. Very excited. Once its here I'll post some pics. 

Nice! You only live once - looking forward to the photos! :biggrin:

Spin to the seaside today. Wife very impressed. Lovin the sunroof, which I wouldn’t have spec’d myself had I been ordering. Any slight doubts or reservations I had about spending so much have been wiped away. Just can’t wait to go anywhere 😂.
Five people in it for a nice coastal drive yesterday. 4 adults, 1 child. All very impressed with the space in the back. 
Does anyone know anything about a feature that pics up the voice of the driver and feeds it through the speakers to the rear? Thought I read about it somewhere. Just wondering if anyone knows more. 

78336CB4-C91B-4464-B35B-5EDFA7627A94.jpeg

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AJAMESR said:

Spin to the seaside today. Wife very impressed. Lovin the sunroof, which I wouldn’t have spec’d myself had I been ordering. Any slight doubts or reservations I had about spending so much have been wiped away. Just can’t wait to go anywhere 😂.
Five people in it for a nice coastal drive yesterday. 4 adults, 1 child. All very impressed with the space in the back. 
Does anyone know anything about a feature that pics up the voice of the driver and feeds it through the speakers to the rear? Thought I read about it somewhere. Just wondering if anyone knows more. 

78336CB4-C91B-4464-B35B-5EDFA7627A94.jpeg

From memory to activate press either volume + or - buttons on touchscreen and an icon will appear top right of screen of 2 heads with speech bubbles.

Congrats on the new car, had mine just over a year now and still love it 😎

• Like 1

On 03/09/2020 at 23:26, UndertheRadar said:

Ask them what the names are in the tax book. Might be demo or management car and then 1 private owner, who either didn’t get on with it or cause of Covid had to sell it on (who knows). Ask for a video walk through and any damage on wheels or dents etc to be pointed out in video, so you have the request set out as proof you asked in an email. Ask about damage or paintwork etc as well. Ideally I’d want it serviced before you get it as well. These extended service intervals are daft. 10k every 12 months is max I’ll run to. Bought mine from the mainland and had it shipped over that way, as wasn’t that well and couldn’t be annoyed travelling. I know I’m in the North, but Johnston transport brought mine over for me and were absolutely fantastic about pick up and delivery etc. I’ve a feeling they come in through the port in Dublin anyway, so might be another option to try for you as well. The warranty will cover you anyway, and any hassle can be run up here to get it looked at, but can’t see why you’d have to. Any Skoda dealer will cover it. 

HI please could you help me with what you mean by the "tax book"....I am not sure what that is. Thanks in advance