Skoda Kodiaq vRS to be removed from sale due to emissions rules

Statto

Three main problems when the Kodiaq VRS was launched. The initial £43,000 plus launch price gave £500 VED for the first 5-6 years of ownership hurting residual values. Second the 237bhp bi-turbo diesel engine was too dirty when the market was moving towards petrol and hybrid SUV's. And now the Enyaq has launched which offers the internal space to compete with the larger Kodiaq but at a much lower price with zero VED even second hand Kodiaq VRS models look like a bad idea compared to a new Enyaq.

• Like 1

The Enyaq is slow though compared to the Kodiaq

56 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Three main problems when the Kodiaq VRS was launched. The initial £43,000 plus launch price gave £500 VED for the first 5-6 years of ownership hurting residual values. Second the 237bhp bi-turbo diesel engine was too dirty when the market was moving towards petrol and hybrid SUV's. And now the Enyaq has launched which offers the internal space to compete with the larger Kodiaq but at a much lower price with zero VED even second hand Kodiaq VRS models look like a bad idea compared to a new Enyaq.

6 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

UK speed limit was 70mph last time I checked. The only nice feature on the Kodiaq VRS are the seats.

Having a fast car is about the fun of getting to 70 for me (and for most people) - not driving like Ayrton Senna.

I do agree though that I wouldn't buy one - but only because there are better cars for the money - I wouldn't be comparing apples and oranges like that.

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

I agree that the new price is a tad steep, which is why is why I would have been hoping for a hefty discount. The problem with that price is that it puts it in the same price bracket as better alternatives. Other alternatives to the bmw, Volvo and merc would be a used current gen Touareg - used Rline Techs are now around the £35k mark, which is an attractive option over the vRS.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Correct 0-70mph in 5.5 seconds is fun and legal here. It also averages 39.5mpg which is probably better than most VRS Kodiaq owners achieve.

So what's the bloody point in citing the national speed limit when someone said the Enyaq is slow compared to the Kodiaq RS? And nobody cares about your fuel economy.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

So what's the bloody point in citing the national speed limit when someone said the Enyaq is slow compared to the Kodiaq RS? And nobody cares about your fuel economy.

Who would compare the performance between a £33,500 Enyaq and a £46,000 (before discounts) Kodiaq?

4 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

Who would compare the performance between a £33,500 Enyaq and a £46,000 (before discounts) Kodiaq?

Enyaq 80 is 204PS 310Nm with an 8.5s 0-100 with the 'Founders Edition' being £49,995 pre govt. grant. Pretty obvious the 80X and RS will cost more than the Kodiaq RS equipped with the same spec level.

9 minutes ago, DaveMiller said:

You’ll have to explain that.

Kodiaq VRS 0-62 is quoted as 7 seconds.

Enyaq VRS 6.2 seconds

Oh. I didn't know that. I will climb down from my high horse then haha!

Just logged onto the Skoda website - and looked up the Enyaq - and saw two variants - both of which had over 8sec 0-62 times.

#Taxiforme!

Costing more for a EV and cost very much less to run is rather important.

As it is today nobody yet knows what ICE vehicles and EV's will have imposed when imported to the UK from the EU and Rest of the World.

0-60 mph figures for the likes of the US are to often confusing the 0-100 kph / 62 mph times.

Edited by e-Roottoot

Enyaq 80X and RS probably aren't available yet. I'm definitely looking forward to see them land here, I love electric for town driving. If I had a 3 car garage there'd be an e-Golf parked next to my Kodiaq...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Enyaq 80X and RS probably aren't available yet. I'm definitely looking forward to see them land here, I love electric for town driving. If I had a 3 car garage there'd be an e-Golf parked next to my Kodiaq...

Agreed. 
whilst not a full EV my other car is a G20 BMW 330e MSport. The acceleration from a standing start in electric mode is great. 

As I’m working from home I also haven’t had to put petrol in it in about 3 months 🤣

1 minute ago, Cranester1983 said:

Agreed. 
whilst not a full EV my other car is a G20 BMW 330e MSport. The acceleration from a standing start in electric mode is great. 

As I’m working from home I also haven’t had to put petrol in it in about 3 months 🤣

Ah nice, I’m was looking at replacing my Golf R wagon with an M340i (save the fuel economy whining Shy you know I don’t care) but I just couldn’t get comfortable in it even after an overnight test drive. How do you find the seats? For MY21 they’ve introduced some new M Performance seats which are from the X3 M which has me interested again. I had a sit in the X5 M with similar looking seats but apparently they’re different to the new ones in the 3 series. 

F30511CE-B479-4253-873C-77C116F5E3E4.thumb.png.d81b82c47336fb93e9f90072449e84a0.png

44 minutes ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

Ah nice, I’m was looking at replacing my Golf R wagon with an M340i (save the fuel economy whining Shy you know I don’t care) but I just couldn’t get comfortable in it even after an overnight test drive. How do you find the seats? For MY21 they’ve introduced some new M Performance seats which are from the X3 M which has me interested again. I had a sit in the X5 M with similar looking seats but apparently they’re different to the new ones in the 3 series. 

F30511CE-B479-4253-873C-77C116F5E3E4.thumb.png.d81b82c47336fb93e9f90072449e84a0.png

I find them okay to be honest - although the side bolsters on the uprights may be uncomfortable if you are a little on the large side - but they hold you in place nicely. My previous car was a Merc C Class and the seats were more comfortable - but certainly no issues from me (and I'm a 30,000 mile a year driver) - i regularly do 250-300 mile runs and I've never had comfort issues. I have found, perhaps oddly, that they get more comfortable with time. Perhaps it's having an almost memory foam type effect?

Anyone wanting a nearly new vRS Kodiaq in the UK should be able to get a bargain.

These are 'Asking Prices' so not automatically 'price to buy prices' as Dealers will want them punted and then more lease cars will be coming back into trade.

Not like they are going to be scarce as Dealers had Demo cars, never raced or rallied in the first 3 months, well apart from a few infamous cases immortalised on here.

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 14.46.56.jpg

Local news site saying today that it's to be replaced with a petrol version, likely the 272 from the Superb: https://www.carexpert.com.au/car-news/2022-skoda-kodiaq-rs-facelift-to-ditch-diesel-in-australia 

How awesome would a Kodiaq VRS petrol be... slap on a hybrid IS38 and you have yourself a 450hp SUV

• Thanks 1