Voice control

So today i been messing and finally found how you turn heating off with voice control - ventilation off 🤦‍♂️ Any who found lots of useful voice commands and even if the passenger says hey laura turn temp to bla bla it only does the passengers!! Hoe clever so now what i cant figure out is how to voice command heated seats on or off ( or if its even possible) and how to turn temp sync on, anyone else know of how to or even what you have found out you can do from messing with voice control??

Edited by Matmacka

48 minutes ago, Skody123 said:

These are working for me:

- Climate sync on/off

- AC on/off

- Set temperature 22

- Recirculated on/off

ahh thats how u get the sync is it ill try then when i go out later, just the odd few more i need to suss! Aha

thanks!!

On 11/10/2020 at 11:52, Matmacka said:

So today i been messing and finally found how you turn heating off with voice control - ventilation off 🤦‍♂️ Any who found lots of useful voice commands and even if the passenger says hey laura turn temp to bla bla it only does the passengers!! Hoe clever so now what i cant figure out is how to voice command heated seats on or off ( or if its even possible) and how to turn temp sync on, anyone else know of how to or even what you have found out you can do from messing with voice control??

Try saying “my bum is cold / hot”. I’m sure there’s a better way but that works (Thanks to Matt from Carlow for that one)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, fox2319 said:

Try saying “my bum is cold / hot”. I’m sure there’s a better way but that works (Thanks to Matt from Carlow for that one)

😂😂😂😂😂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Ill let u know if these work in about an hour, where did u find this out lol? 

2 minutes ago, Matmacka said:

😂😂😂😂😂👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Ill let u know if these work in about an hour, where did u find this out lol? 

It was in the review f the Golf 8 on carwow.  Thought I’d try it out when I got the octavia and success!

22 hours ago, fox2319 said:

Yeah, "My arse is cold" worked for the seats and "turn the blowers down/off" worked for the air con speed for me.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Has anyone else noticed that after the upgrade to the 1896 software the voice commands are no longer available for the aircon?

Both I and user FillNill, with 2021 Octavia VRSs, have noticed this.

It now says the aircon commands are not available for this language.

I can see that it might have been a problem if they had to try to make sense of the terms used above - bum, arse, blowers etc - but I would settle for a well-designed syntax like "Set fan speed high" or "Set temperature to 22"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, liveseytowers said:

I learnt today that if you hold the voice control button on the steering wheel, it launches the google voice control.  So much easier than trying to press the voice button on the screen.

Yep. Likewise for Siri if using CarPlay.

Voice control is better over time, it’s almost useful now 😉

No, to be fair, I find the Śkoda Laura pretty good for things like AC, heated seats and radio. Less reliable for setting a new satnav destination though. Guess it’s a case of learning it’s logic.

On 06/09/2022 at 05:25, sneal said:

Yep. Likewise for Siri if using CarPlay.

Voice control is better over time, it’s almost useful now 😉

No, to be fair, I find the Śkoda Laura pretty good for things like AC, heated seats and radio. Less reliable for setting a new satnav destination though. Guess it’s a case of learning it’s logic.

Unfortunately the latest software update dropped the ability to adjust the air temperature.

And I find the navigation useless. "Navigate to <name of nearby town or suburb (in Australia)>" will try to take me to somewhere in Europe.

And I find it useless for changing radio stations. E.g. we have stations called "ABC RN", or "ABC Classic FM", or "2UE 954". Asking it to "Play <any of those station names>" is completely ineffective. It may even think I am trying to navigate somewhere.

Luckily Android Auto can handle these and much more so there is no need to use Laura at all. Just glad it came included in the package I ordered. I would be bummed if I had paid good money for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hairy_Joe said:

What drives me mad is my niece is called Laura. Having her in the back and calling her can result in the voice control walking up.

Two possible solutions…

… your niece changes her name 😉 or, more realistically, disable the ‘OK Laura’ feature in settings and use the steering wheel button to invoke it