fabia vrs vs laws of physics

m17rkj

I went over 1/2' date=' I hit a low bank at 70mph and the car did half forward roll landing on the roof. It was pretty horrendous, I broke my neck in 2 places, my back in 2 places and lost quite a bit of hair, but what I lost in hair I gained in pieces of glass in my scalp! :eek:

I've made full recovery now though... thank god!:rolleyes:

P.s. I got out without taking my seatbelt off...:confused:[/quote']

F*ck! My AX GT got preyed upon by a BMW compact. P*ssed me off at the time but I can see the upside of it as I was only doing about 10-15mph when we hit and got

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this a testamanet to the strangth of the fabia or auncovering a bad chassis/car desgin that lends itself to up and over cornering techniques? :rubchin:

how many on here have rolled octavia's?

tumbleweed.gif

is this a testamanet to the strangth of the fabia or auncovering a bad chassis/car desgin that lends itself to up and over cornering techniques? :rubchin:

tumbleweed.gif

I was wondering when someone would say something like that, not many Superbs get rolled either ;)

The Fabia is quite a tall narrow car so I guess having a diesel lump fairly high up makes for a fairly high centre of gravity, and therefore more prone to rolling in extreme circumstances.

How many rolled fabias have been on E-bay too? Insurance group hike likely?

Jasons club has its second member:rofl:

so glad your ok just shows how tough the little beast is now take care and if your back starts acheing alot a nice hot bath will help in the short term:thumbup:

3rd member....

Don' forget Kermie :D

3rd member....

Don' forget Kermie :D

[cough] post #12 [cough] :D

I think Octys just tend to have shunts, not rolls though - I think its because furby drivers always seek the style scores when in an accident. ;) 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 ;)

bit achy this morn! did say to my fleet man that if the car was mine the first thing i would do is lower it! still, it stood up thats the main thing

I was wondering when someone would say something like that' date=' not many Superbs get rolled either ;)

The Fabia is quite a tall narrow car so I guess having a diesel lump fairly high up makes for a fairly high centre of gravity, and therefore more prone to rolling in extreme circumstances.

How many rolled fabias have been on E-bay too? Insurance group hike likely?[/quote']

More prone to rolling, hmm might be something to so with muppets slamming them into kerbs..lol

Insurance hike? Probably if people keep writing them off.

Glad your OK though mate, hopefully it will slow you down a bit and there wont be a next time.

As ws said the difference between newer cars and older ones safety wise is amazing.

Here are the results of my Peugeot 406 cross country expedition in 2004.

I sort of walked away from it (knee ligament damage but nothing else)

9001.attach

9002.attach

As ws said the difference between newer cars and older ones safety wise is amazing.

Here are the results of my Peugeot 406 cross country expedition in 2004.

You considered having some advanced driving tuition, mate? One cross country expedition would make me question my driving ability, but 2 in 2 years :eek::rofl:

Glad you walked away though :D

Chris

tumbleweed.gif

I doubt anyone will ever roll an Octavia, never seen one going at more than 30 MPH. Then again if grandpa ever did manage to invert one at least the flat cap might protect his head.;)

Nothing inherently unstable about the Fabia vRS, you can roll anything if you hit a kerb side on.

xav's didn't roll after hitting a kerb, just went sideways mid corner and rolled.

you kiddy fabia drivers seem to think that the more mature members(octavia drivers) drive everywhere at 30mph i can assure you it certainly isn't true :)