vRS Limited options available at Launch

fewie

Hi all.  Considering coming back to the Skoda fold with a Mk4 vRS and I’ve just viewed a red hatch at Skoda Grimsby.

i think it’s a great cat but there seems to be limited options on the uk model when I compare to the German or Czech configurator.  

The standard UK spec is higher I admit and the price is fair in comparison but I’d really like to add leather/Alcantara seats with the silver trim available on the continent.  These have the added bonus of extendable thigh cushions and powered/memory operation, good when you have a bad back like I do.

Are Skoda likely to add more options soon or do we think that this is the spec set for the foreseeable future?  I’d hate to commit now and see things added after I’d ordered.

shown here is the red hatch as it would be rude not to post a picture!

B38F99FB-EBF7-4182-AF95-61F2F5EC4F59.jpeg

Edited by fewie
Typos
  • Like 2

• fewie changed the title to vRS Limited options available at Launch

I think your comment about options, and for that matter, colour choice applies to the whole Octavia range, and quite honestly, the whole Skoda range.

I've always wondered if any of these non UK items could be had as a special order.

28 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Don't laugh - but which red is that?

Love the darker shade of red but concerned might not look as good during driech Scottish winter and limited sunshine.

Thanks for the photo - I appreciate it.

I’m not entirely sure.  The car is new to the showroom so there wasn’t a spec list displayed with it.  My guess is that it’s the “special order” red, as it looked different in shade to the corrida red mk3.5 parked outside.

1 minute ago, SC03OTT said:

The Mk4 vRS has just been made available to order in the UK so yeah, your choices are limited. Give it a few months for all versions and options to filter through. 

I appreciate its new, and that only the 245 DSG is listed at the moment, that just happens to be the one I’d want!  I just didn’t know if Skoda are likely to add to the availability of options as well as the models.

i wouldn’t consider ordering yet until the Brexit position is known one way or another anyway.

15 minutes ago, fewie said:

I appreciate its new, and that only the 245 DSG is listed at the moment, that just happens to be the one I’d want!  I just didn’t know if Skoda are likely to add to the availability of options as well as the models.

i wouldn’t consider ordering yet until the Brexit position is known one way or another anyway.

Think that’s a more difficult question for us mortals to answer.  I’m not up on Skoda UKs logic for which options to offer. 

1 hour ago, BA Baracus said:

Love the darker shade of red but concerned might not look as good during driech Scottish winter and limited sunshine.

Not easy to tell for sure from the photo, but it looks like Velvet Red to me. 

6 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

Much prefer and need the estate.

that’s got the better seats I want.  Leather/suede and extendable thigh cushion.  Really hope they make those available In the uk soon.

Interior a massive step up and love those seats! Not keen on new wheels and they would be better in black gloss rather than diamond cut anthracite IMO.

On 31/10/2020 at 14:39, ima said:

Interior a massive step up and love those seats! Not keen on new wheels and they would be better in black gloss rather than diamond cut anthracite IMO.

No wheels look better in black

On 30/10/2020 at 18:38, BA Baracus said:

I have a velvet red Octavia, the colour remains rich and deep even in the dullest weather.

I'm from Greenock, dreich isn't weather here, it's climate!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahenners said:

No wheels look better in black

Well as I said in my opinion but seeing how popular black wheels are now as standard I guess I’m not alone 😀