Which version?

mrhooty

3 hours ago, kenfowler3966 said:

No, I meant if you opted for optional heated windscreen it also has to have the heated nozzle option.

You could though have heated nozzles on their own as an option.

But you didn't say that  in answer to the question if you had a heated windscreen you automatically had heated washers - so really you may, or maybe not, have heated nozzles  :dull:

11 hours ago, Yety said:

But you didn't say that  in answer to the question if you had a heated windscreen you automatically had heated washers - so really you may, or maybe not, have heated nozzles  :dull:

I wonder how easy it would be to retrofit them, and how many parts you would need to buy from Skoda?

On 19/11/2020 at 17:16, mrhooty said:

Would anyone recommend the heated windscreen?

I like the idea of not having to scrape away ice when the colder mornings arrive.

I personally like a heated windscreen (although our Yeti doesn't have one), but some people do find the heating filaments distracting, particularly in low sunlight.  So if you have never had a car with a heated windscreen, it may be a good idea to sit in one to check you are ok with it.

4 hours ago, Zib said:

I personally like a heated windscreen (although our Yeti doesn't have one), but some people do find the heating filaments distracting, particularly in low sunlight.  So if you have never had a car with a heated windscreen, it may be a good idea to sit in one to check you are ok with it.

We used to have a Ford Galaxy with a heated screen and I would agree, however the heated screen on the Yeti is light years ahead than the Ford version and TBH we never notice it ... occasionally you get a glint when a car is approaching with full beam on at night, but IMO is not a problem, where the Galaxy was like wired glass in comparison, but checking it out is a good idea.

I miss my heated screen, mostly for the ability it had to de-fog the windscreen as this was a far more common need than for frost in my case . But remember a petrol engine does heat up a lot quicker so a petrol without heated screen clears a lot faster than a diesel without heated screen. 

The element was visible at times in certain lighting conditions, but never a distraction. If I was ordering a new car now it would be the first available option I would tick.

Colin

6 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

I miss my heated screen, mostly for the ability it had to de-fog the windscreen as this was a far more common need than for frost in my case . But remember a petrol engine does heat up a lot quicker so a petrol without heated screen clears a lot faster than a diesel without heated screen. 

The element was visible at times in certain lighting conditions, but never a distraction. If I was ordering a new car now it would be the first available option I would tick.

Colin

It’s strange how extras quickly become must-haves! I spec’d heated windscreen and rear view camera on my Yeti and now couldn’t do without them.

On 22/11/2020 at 15:58, Expatman said:

It’s strange how extras quickly become must-haves! I spec’d heated windscreen and rear view camera on my Yeti and now couldn’t do without them.

Despite being the Drive model, miine doesn't have the rear view camera which is a shame. I guess the original owner didn't choose is as an option?

36 minutes ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Despite being the Drive model, miine doesn't have the rear view camera which is a shame. I guess the original owner didn't choose is as an option?

Yes, the rear view camera was an option and not part of standard kit. It was relatively “cheap” so I got it, and boy am I glad I did!

I have a Petrol 1.4 L&K and I love the engine: quiet and enough power.  My car is used regularly in the Alps so I much prefer petrol to diesel ... had a really bad experience with diesel freezing a few years ago.  Snow tyres and 4x4 and relatively speaking low torque, never had a problem in snow and ice and the Offroad button works really well.  After driving maybe 20000 km in the Alps, I have never had to put snow chains on,  A leaking sunroof ... I never use the sunroof so if (when) it starts to leak I will 'helicopter tape' over it and leave it as a rather nice 'moon roof' (which I like).  Mountain bikes: I put my full suspension 27.5 in when I travel, but always take both wheels off.   In the mountains; heated windscreen and washer jets: tick; excellent heated seats: tick; starts immediately, even at -25: tick; Offroad button when it gets really tricky: tick.

Bottom line at the bottom: go for the L&K and be prepared to helicopter tape over the sunroof :-)

39 minutes ago, Expatman said:

Yes, the rear view camera was an option and not part of standard kit. It was relatively “cheap” so I got it, and boy am I glad I did!

Im wondering why the original purchaser didn't spec it, they chose the Outdoor SE L Drive which is a fairly high spec car, so you'd have thought that if the all those extras were desirable to them, then they would have the rear view camera as well.

4 minutes ago, Dale_Stevens said:

Im wondering why the original purchaser didn't spec it, they chose the Outdoor SE L Drive which is a fairly high spec car, so you'd have thought that if the all those extras were desirable to them, then they would have the rear view camera as well.

I have no idea - seems a strange omission to me but who knows! Maybe they didn’t even look at the Options list but just bought it as is? Did they have any options?

20 hours ago, JohnCJ said:

I have a Petrol 1.4 L&K and I love the engine: quiet and enough power.  My car is used regularly in the Alps so I much prefer petrol to diesel ... had a really bad experience with diesel freezing a few years ago.  Snow tyres and 4x4 and relatively speaking low torque, never had a problem in snow and ice and the Offroad button works really well.  After driving maybe 20000 km in the Alps, I have never had to put snow chains on,  A leaking sunroof ... I never use the sunroof so if (when) it starts to leak I will 'helicopter tape' over it and leave it as a rather nice 'moon roof' (which I like).  Mountain bikes: I put my full suspension 27.5 in when I travel, but always take both wheels off.   In the mountains; heated windscreen and washer jets: tick; excellent heated seats: tick; starts immediately, even at -25: tick; Offroad button when it gets really tricky: tick.

Bottom line at the bottom: go for the L&K and be prepared to helicopter tape over the sunroof :-)

Thanks for this, I have decided on a 1.4 L & K just waiting for a nice one to appear on autotrader.

19 minutes ago, mrhooty said:

Thanks for this, I have decided on a 1.4 L & K just waiting for a nice one to appear on autotrader.

If buying from a Skoda dealer, consider doing the VW Finance trick, which I did and others on here....

Put a £1k or so on their finance to get 2 yr servicing for £79 & 2 year warranty, and breakdown cover. Then withdraw from the finance the following day and keep the benefits. There are threads on this topic already.

24 minutes ago, mrhooty said:

Oh well, at least you'll be able to keep the fuel system when you have the 1.4 ripped out and replaced by a Golf R engine and drivetrain.....:biggrin:

6 minutes ago, Dale_Stevens said:

If buying from a Skoda dealer, consider doing the VW Finance trick, which I did and others on here....

Put a £1k or so on their finance to get 2 yr servicing for £79 & 2 year warranty, and breakdown cover. Then withdraw from the finance the following day and keep the benefits. There are threads on this topic already.

You can do this on a used car?

1 minute ago, mrhooty said:

You can do this on a used car?

Yep, I did it last month on a 2017 Yeti from a Skoda dealer.

But when cancelling the finance you have to ring them and 'withdraw' from the finance, not cancel.

Edited by Dale_Stevens

4 minutes ago, Schtum said:

Oh well, at least you'll be able to keep the fuel system when you have the 1.4 ripped out and replaced by a Golf R engine and drivetrain.....:biggrin:

It's a pity they never did a VRS Yeti, I wonder if one ever got to the prototype stage.

20 minutes ago, mrhooty said:

It's a pity they never did a VRS Yeti, I wonder if one ever got to the prototype stage.

There has been one, 700+HP and documented here....