Tiers, Lockdowns & Vaccinations

cheezemonkhai

51 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Makes no difference; these "statistics" are produced by multiplying the actual number by a "required factor" to produce "cases per 100_000" (or whatever). I know of one village of 200 people where there was one case. The "official statistics" that week said that this village had "500 cases per 100_000 people".

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics...

to be honest though it does seem that cases are increasing and relatively high so I think some form of further restrictions will ultimately be introduced 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, skomaz said:

Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics...

to be honest though it does seem that cases are increasing and relatively high so I think some form of further restrictions will ultimately be introduced 

For me it's the waiting until its too late. 

Why we had lockdowns from Dec into Jan. 

If we'd have followed advice from experts in Nov, we might have shortened or avoided it IMO. 

Almost exactly a year later and we're facing the same. 

If a plan B/C/D/E isn't put in place soon I can see another rubbish Christmas coming. I won't blame people who defy it either this time. I think most of us will. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

For me it's the waiting until its too late. 

Why we had lockdowns from Dec into Jan. 

If we'd have followed advice from experts in Nov, we might have shortened or avoided it IMO. 

Almost exactly a year later and we're facing the same. 

If a plan B/C/D/E isn't put in place soon I can see another rubbish Christmas coming. I won't blame people who defy it either this time. I think most of us will. 

Those last two sentences, dangerous talk.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Eh? Can you explain?

"I won't blame people who defy it either this time. I think most of us will. "

Seem pretty obvious - people who defy any further restrictions will add to the danger - and appears to be encouraging them to do so - hence 'dangerous talk'???

13 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

As Bozo and the English government don't even have a plan A...

I'm not sure anyone does - not that I've seen based on interviews with members from any of the political parties anyhow...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @Lee said:

Eh? Can you explain?

I believe many people are easily led and putting into their head that they could defy legitimate government advice is a dangerous thing to do.

Too many people are currently ignoring common sense and not doing what we all know we should be doing.

This pandemic has gone on for longer than it needed too. Not for the lack of medical and scientific skills but the actions of reckless individuals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mandp said:

I believe many people are easily led and putting into their head that they could defy legitimate government advice is a dangerous thing to do.

Too many people are currently ignoring common sense and not doing what we all know we should be doing.

This pandemic has gone on for longer than it needed too. Not for the lack of medical and scientific skills but the actions of reckless individuals.

Let me explain. 

Unlike many, I've followed everything asked. I still wear a mask and follow advice. 

But many aren't. 

On top of this we have a government who doesn't have a clue. 

So I'm finally very close to the "why should I bother anymore" camp. 

If there's any lockdown and a repeat of another ruined Christmas because Boris fails to act many will rebel. 

Can see it bringing down Boris as well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

So I'm finally very close to the "why should I bother anymore" camp. 

If there's any lockdown and a repeat of another ruined Christmas because Boris fails to act many will rebel. 

To protect yourself...

And yes some will likely use it as an excuse...   But they will be the sort that use anything as an excuse to do whatever they want

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mandp said:

Did you see the report I linked to the other day? 'Biggest health care failure ever'. Do you think the reckless individuals should be held to account for their reckless actions such as late to lockdown, late to close schools, early to lift lockdowns, not fit for purpose PPE/ bin bags for PPE etc etc? 

• Groan 2

1 minute ago, @Lee said:

Do you think the reckless individuals should be held to account for their reckless actions

You'd end up locking up a significant proportion of the country alongside most MPs...

Exactly what I mentioned earlier. 

Boris delays could mean restrictions until March 2022. 

Quoted as on the sky live update page 

3h ago 08:58

Claims COVID Plan B could cost up to £18bn are 'untrue' - Number 10

We reported earlier claims by POLITICO that Boris Johnson has been told his COVID Plan B could cost up to £18bn (see 8.24am post).

Claims also emerged that this contingency plan could remain in place for five months, until the end of March 2022.

A government spokesperson has now insisted these presumptions are "untrue" and "do not reflect government policy".

A statement added: "We knew the coming months would be challenging, which is why we set out our Autumn and Winter plan last month. 

"Plan B ensures we are ready, should we need to act, to avoid an unsustainable rise in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS.

"The presumptions put forward here are untrue, and do not reflect government policy. 

2 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Exactly what I mentioned earlier. 

Boris delays could mean restrictions until March 2022. 

Quoted as on the sky live update page 

3h ago 08:58

Claims COVID Plan B could cost up to £18bn are 'untrue' - Number 10

We reported earlier claims by POLITICO that Boris Johnson has been told his COVID Plan B could cost up to £18bn (see 8.24am post).

Claims also emerged that this contingency plan could remain in place for five months, until the end of March 2022.

A government spokesperson has now insisted these presumptions are "untrue" and "do not reflect government policy".

A statement added: "We knew the coming months would be challenging, which is why we set out our Autumn and Winter plan last month. 

"Plan B ensures we are ready, should we need to act, to avoid an unsustainable rise in hospitalisations which would put unsustainable pressure on the NHS.

"The presumptions put forward here are untrue, and do not reflect government policy. 

That Politico article's in a tab on my browser. Not yet read it mind.
https://www.politico.eu/article/coronavirus-plan-b-cost-uk-billions-document/

This one's also in a tab https://www.politico.eu/article/britain-skyrocketing-coronavirus-covid19-cases-make-it-an-outlier-in-western-europe/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1635154187

3 minutes ago, gadgetman said:

Our UK team has a Germany visit planned end of November. 

I can see Germany adding UK visitor restrictions again if we carry on the way we are going. 

If that happens I hope they wait until after the 17th...

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

We finally have a visit back to the UK planned for next week. 

Just hoping everything goes smoothly. We have bought our day 2 tests (thankfully the cheaper lateral flow due to the change in rules).

We are all fully vaccinated so just need to show proof in our apps for that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheezemonkhai said:

Because MPs are not employed by the house so the house can’t make them. Don’t ask as I don’t fully understand it either.

I did Modern Studies up to Higher level at secondary and by Christ even I didn't know this. Either says something about me or the Scottish Qualifications Authority... :giggle:

It's their place of work though so you'd think they'd have an interest in making it safe rather than making themselves look like dicks. One tory MP has come down with Covid the other day. Whether he caught it there or not only the £37 billion pound Track and Trace can answer if it's still operating.

The House of Commons could just update to say 'Any person within the estate must wear a mask' couldn't they?  I think that's why Tom Newton Dunn said 'begs the question why'.

Edited by @Lee
I accidentally used an upper case T
  • Like 2