car recommendation?

froggy8

hey guys,

wanting to get a recommendation on a slighlty bigger car, still want to be with skoda though. right now i have a 1.2 skoda fabia mk2.

i will be trading mine in and my dad offered to help with some money too.

many thanks

1 minute ago, e-Roottoot said:

The choices all have sections on the forum, so how new are you going and how much bigger, what engine size / fuel ?

Rapid, Yeti, Scala, Kamiq, Octavia, Karoq, Kodiaq, Superb.

hi

i just realised after posting it that there are many, many factors to think about.

• Like 1

All depends how much bigger you want.

If it's for more legroom etc then the obvious choice is an Octavia.

If it's just for more load carrying then a Roomster would be the way to go. Or a Fabia estate.

I personally don't like the smaller Fabia/Ibiza/Polo platform cars. Just a little too cramped for my liking.

The Octavia is based on the golf platform but bugger than the golf.

If you want to stay with petrol then there is a good of engines in the Octavia. 1.0 TSI, 1.2 TSI, 1.4 TSI and 2.0 TSI. As well as the older 1.6 FSI and 2.0 FSI available.

It all comes down to your budget really.

• 1 year later...

ok guys

i am back on this topic as my car has broken down.

my budget is only £1500. size wise i wouldnt mind a 7 seat as there are 7 of us in the same house. my old car is only 70 bhp and i would like one that is more than that as mine struggles quite abit.

again, i want to stay with skoda as i know quite abit of them now as had mine for a good 7 years.

not too sure which fuel to go for though, either diesel or petrol.

also still undecided on either auto or manual.

Edited by froggy8

You won't get a seven seater Skoda for £1,500 as most will be too new. You may manage to get a Roomster for that price though, which is a five seater. Otherwise, other seven seat MPVs are available from other manufacturers, or if sticking with VAG sheds then a Sharan perhaps.

• Like 1

Just now, AnnoyingPentium said:

You won't get a seven seater Skoda for £1,500 as most will be too new. You may manage to get a Roomster for that price though, which is a five seater. Otherwise, other seven seat MPVs are available from other manufacturers, or if sticking with VAG sheds then a Sharan perhaps.

ok maybe i can try get a bigger car than the fabia if i can.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

i just googled what brand cars is most reliable and it says either lexas or Toyota.

I'll disagree on that one - when you're playing with £1,500. It's going to be more of a luck of the draw thing.

Just never buy a bloody Fiat, things financially p****d away on... canny be financially un-p****d away on. :ph34r:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

ok maybe i can try get a bigger car than the fabia if i can.

How often do you need to move seven people all at once? I'll bet it's hardly ever, so don't buy a massive gas guzzling boat, buy an Octavia or Fabia PD100 estate.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sepulchrave said:

How often do you need to move seven people all at once? I'll bet it's hardly ever, so don't buy a massive gas guzzling boat, buy an Octavia or Fabia PD100 estate.

good point

was just thinking if one day we all go out and i didnt want to leave one person behind.

i have found this octavia which seems good, old but good.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202102379511?body-type=Estate&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&max-engine-power=150&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=price-asc&postcode=pl158ds&min-engine-power=100&make=SKODA&model=Octavia&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

11 minutes ago, froggy8 said:

"It can get you in a lot of trouble, thinking, Errol, I shouldn't do so much of it."

• Haha 1

Just now, sepulchrave said:

"It can get you in a lot of trouble, thinking, Errol, I shouldn't do so much of it."

sorry, what do you mean?

Just now, sepulchrave said:

It's a humourous quote from the movie "Snatch", my, my, you have led a sheltered life.

i dont recall watching that, i know its an old film and its like a gangster film but i dont really remember any quotes from films.

ahh i understand now i think, you are saying not to buy the octavia? is that right?

Anyway, back on some sort of topic... maybe. As Sepulchrave says, Octavia (Mk1 or Mk2 will be in your price range) either in estate or hatch guise. Or the PD100 Fabia Mk1 estate, or for more familiarity at least inside somewhat, a PD105 Mk2 Fabia estate, a pre-facelifted one will have this engine. All of these options will give you a lot more space and will fit five. Plus most engine choices will be a bloody rocket in comparison with a 1.2 BZG, I reckon.

• Like 1