Variable Boot Floor

MRO46

5 hours ago, Maleyale said:

Just seen your post. I've not been able to have a go at making one yet as I'm ill. So I've followed the link which shows up as a boot floor for a scala. Do they use the same variable floor as the Kamiq?

The same thought occurred to me.  Both use the MQB A0 platform, but the Scala's is a "stretched" version.

A tenner for one from a MK1 or MK2 Octavia from a breakers, all the MQB vehicles have the same width between the wheel arches, it takes just a small amount of woodworking to make it fit, cutting to length if required (for the Yeti you simply remove one section) changing the rear profile if you are really OCD and modifying the height of the side rails.

I have done the above twice on a MK2 Octavia and a Yeti, a very simple DIY job that looks 100% OE when done.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just cut out  template for the boot floor. Used an old piece of thin ply. Cut to approx size of measurements given by Seasider, then scribed the curve on boot lip. A bit of adjusting needed before using a thicker plywood.

Thanks Seasider for your help. I update you all with the next stage.

IMG_20210708_151700302_BURST000_COVER.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

I managed to purchase these items which "aaaaplay" found with the original codes from an official reseller.  

The only question I have and I need seasider to answer because he has provided some photos.

The threads of the fixings ( left and right mounting brackets) are on the cars chassis?

Can you unscrew one and get a photo? Just to see if there is any support behind the trunk lining?

Total cost was:

11,30€ each bracket x2

139.77€ Boot x1

0.85€ each screw x4

I will post an installation guide when it's complete. 

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Guest
Remove reference to hidden duplicate post

2 hours ago, JohnGR said:

Hello, 

I managed to purchase these items which "aaaaplay" found with the original codes from an official reseller.  

The only question I have and I need seasider to answer because he has provided some photos.

The threads of the fixings ( left and right mounting brackets) are on the cars chassis?

Can you unscrew one and get a photo? Just to see if there is any support behind the trunk lining?

Total cost was:

11,30€ each bracket x2

139.77€ Boot x1

0.85€ each screw x4

I will post an installation guide when it's complete. 

Thanks in advance. 

I'm sorry, I can't help there.  If you look closely at photo 5 in my post on 1st February, you will see that the bolts have an unusual pattern for tightening them up and I don' have the tools for that.

Edited by Seasider

2 hours ago, JohnGR said:

Total cost was:

11,30€ each bracket x2

139.77€ Boot x1

0.85€ each screw x4

That is a reasonable price for genuine OE parts.

37 minutes ago, Seasider said:

I'm sorry, I can't help there.  If you look closely at photo 5 in my post on 1st February, you will see that the bolts have an unusual pattern for tightening them up and I don' have the tools for that.

yeah, it’s a Torx screw. No worries mate! Thanks for the fast response! 

I’ll start the installation and i will come back with findings! Thanks guys! 

You just need an M4 Torx bit, pretty much every screw in the interior is the same - see my cooled glovebox retrofit guide.

I lost one and had to order it through the VW dealer, our local Skoda dealer is always hard to get onto.

• 2 weeks later...

Just purchased a Kamiq ex stock so no chance to factory order the variable boot floor.   Rang my local dealer's parts department and quoted the part numbers for the left and right supports and the floor.  The reply was that the parts are not kept on stock in the UK but can be ordered from Czech Republic.  They even had a price for them on their parts system - £187 including VAT.

The guy I spoke was very honest and said the technicians didn't like retro fitting the items but agreed with me that all that seems necessary is cutting two holes in the carpet!1038243089_ScreenShot2021-07-28at15_58_25.png.09f665029a0c59fd005de81c6d2a2e2c.png1038243089_ScreenShot2021-07-28at15_58_25.png.09f665029a0c59fd005de81c6d2a2e2c.png

Bought from Hayselden Doncaster 22/7/21 and still waiting for a reply on the VFB.  Got fed up of waiting and rang DM Keith, Hull Parts Depart. Their guy, with 16 years experience, wasn’t phased at all by the questions.

58 minutes ago, ds1212 said:

Bought from Hayselden Doncaster 22/7/21 and still waiting for a reply on the VFB.  Got fed up of waiting and rang DM Keith, Hull Parts Depart. Their guy, with 16 years experience, wasn’t phased at all by the questions.

I use D M Keith at York (although I bought the Kamiq from the Morecambe dealer thanks to a very good deal) and have done since the Pickering dealer (17  miles away) lost the dealership shortly after I bought a Fabia in 2011, and even though there is a Scarborough dealer npw.  It's a round trip of about 90+ miles to York, but D M Keith's service is well worth it.

The definitive answer on the Variable Boot Floor:  Thanks to Rosemary Authbert at Fish Brothers Skoda, Swindon this is the situation (prices include VAT) as at 31 July 2021:

Boot floor  658861411  WR9  £159.59 - 1 in the factory (at time of my e-mail)

Supports  657864511  9B9 and 657864512  9B9 are both £13.50 each, there are currently none of these in any factories. Any order would go to back order if purchased.

New boot trims would be required: 658867427B WR9 (L) £75.16 and 658867428E WR9 (R)  £75.16.  Currently 1 of each in the Czech Republic warehouse.

The 2 x lashing eyes which are inset into the boot trims are not interchangeable. New ones can be purchased 8V0863503C 4PK x 2 at £6.26 each. Without these there would be holes through the boot linings to the bodywork which do not come with any sort of blanking plug.

If you wanted to purchase these items all together you would be looking at £337.28.  Prices are a fixed quote for 30 days from time of quote and do not include any labour if required to fit or any postage if desired.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have came across this topic quite some time ago and since i am from slovakia its easy for me to get all the parts required for making a boot floor on scala variable. The thing is, i honestly have no idea whether variable boot floor works in case i have spare tire under the standard floor? I cant find the info about it anywhere.

Page number 1. of this thread includes pictures of the variable boot floor and the owner is using the space between the "standard floor" and variable floor for small things but its not visible whether or not he has the spare tire under those things.

So...the question is quite simple: can i have a variable boot floor with spare tire or is it possible to have it with the tire repair kit only?

THANKS

I have a 2020 Kamiq SEL with the variable boot floor.  It was pre-Covid and so as spec.  It came with the tyre repair kit as standard but I replaced this with the spare wheel, and no problem with having the variable boot floor and a spare wheel.

Thinking further over lunch, unless Skoda have changed the design the variable boot floor in essence is a shelf slid in above the original boot floor and about 10cm above it (level with the lip of the rear of the boot space) and so does not affect and is not affected by whether or not you have the tyre inflation kit or a spare wheel.  The space below the variable boot floor gives you a "secret" area for things like cameras etc., but the big advantage is when it comes to lifting things out as you do not have to lean forward and reach down.

See the photos with my post of 1st February, 2021 for a visual explanation.

Edited by Seasider

thank you for a quick reply. in fact i checked the pictures that you posted back then thoroughly but it seemed to me that there is a huge space-as if there was no spare tire so i am glad that you made it all clear. 10 cm height of "secret space" is something that i will definitely check-whether its worth it or not but the point for me here is that with the variable floor i can have almost straight line (flat space) between the boot and folded rear seats.

new floor is about 130 EUR right now but today i have managed to find one used floor in czech republic for half of the price so i have something to think about 🙂

Cheers 

• 9 months later...

I realise that this an old thread and may not see the light of day to others, but just in case I thought I would share my recent experience re, my 2019 Kamiq SE L boot floor.

I bought the side fixings, the floor and four bolts as per previous message part numbers.

The first female fixing to locate was the front one of the two and this was successful, but there is no female thread in the body work for the rear fixing and if there is, then it lies in another location close by. 

I have widened the hole to 30mm all round to accommodate the bulge in the bracket housing for the second bolt to put my finger in, but there is no female threaded area within the range of my fingers.

Having said that the bracket is quite firm and is not loose with only one bolt, so I will have to live with it.

A little bit of carpet trimming and I am quite pleased with it.

As an aside,  am going to try and navigate my way to the For Sale" section, as I now have a Yeti Spare wheel kit surplus to requirements, Anybody interested? 

If so, contact 01225 703245 or *****@*****.tld

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Can someone clarify the parts required to fit the variable boot floor to a Kamiq.

aaaaplay and ds1212 both appear to confirm the following part numbers:

Boot floor: 658861411WR9

left side: 6578645119B9

right side: 6578645129B9

bolt: N10751101

However, ds1212 also mentions:

'New boot trims: 658867427B WR9 (L) 658867428E WR9 (R).'

And also adds the statement:-

'The 2 x lashing eyes which are inset into the boot trims are not interchangeable. New ones can be purchased 8V0863503C 4PK x 2 at £6.26 each. Without these there would be holes through the boot linings to      the bodywork which do not come with any sort of blanking plug.'

Has anyone completed the task of purchasing the parts and fitting these to a Kamiq? 

If so, what is the definitive list of required parts?

Thanks in Advance..

See my previous post above

Using all the above information, I have  fitted a variable boot floor to 2019 Kamiq SE L, using the first four items on the above list for just under £220.00

The boot trims are new carpeted panels with the cut out holes for the flip up lashing eyes, which you can see in the above pictures of a factory fitted kit.

Later Kamiq's may have both holes in the wheel arches, but  mine has only the front ones and they do the job quite adequately, the only downside is that you cannot  use the lashing eyes, unless you remove the floor..

If you get the parts, put the front fittings in place and use a small tool. such as a bradawl to locate the wheel arch threaded holes, fit the front bolts and the do the same for the rear bolts.

As I said before above, my Kamiq only has the front threaded holes, but later models may have all four, as Skoda seem to listen to owners suggestions/complaints and either retrofit or adjust during factory assembly

As an example, the A/C controls on mine are via the touch screen, but the latest models have gone back to knobs/dials due to owners complaints etc.