Where to install xbox

I would say rather than mounting one, make it a removable temporary affair, so assuming you have wiring to a removable LCD screen, run the wires above and behind the glovebox so the Xbox can be plugged in, while in the passenger footwell. Then it and the screen can be removed to not give tea-leaves something to go after.

ditch the spare wheel (if you havent already)

if your have, ditch the back seats. they pop out in 30 seconds :thumbup::D

then again ive always liked the idea of hanging things from the roof, right in the middle when you open the boot kindof moulded to the roof lining :thumbup: :thumbup:

Scott

He has ditched the spare, boot has three subs in it allready.

As for the removeable idea, thats not really the kinda 'install' Rob will be looking for.

He also has a propper headunit, not a removable screen affair IIRC

hmmm, Xbox is horizontally mounted and has CD draw coming out same way? Wonder if there's enough room to mod a glovebox to take one? :confused: Drilled holes in the back for power/screen feeds, can close up (and will be locked) with controls inside too. Then a 10" LCD screen mounted on the dash, with a 15" LCD screen in the boot so you can play outside the car, with everything going through the ICE install. :speaker:

Thanks lummox, pretty spot on there.

Everything else is stealth hidden so am really looking at under passenger i think if theres enough room, it will run to video in on headunit processor unit so no other screens needed other than the 2 7" headrest screens later on. Just wondering what room is available, had a ps2 in the astra so looking for something with a bit more playability.

There is a fair amount of room under the front seats, on the rear footwells. It would involve having to tell back seat passengers to watch their feet though. Should be stealthy enough to keep wiring and any obvious tell tale signs out of view.

Tinted windows? ;)

I'd put it under the pass seat as well myself, and add some some of metal plate across, to protect it from rear passengers' feet. Perhaps with numerous drilled holes in it though, for airflow. The xBox will run hot under there :eek:

Steve

Hmm, true - not sure of the exact dimensions. What about mounted to the rear seat backs - or have you got too much ICE going on in the boot?

Steve

What i would do is take the xbox apart, then you can decide what size and shape the new box is. I did the same thing with a PC, I took an old HP apart and made a nice small box out of perspex.

Since the xbox has a smaller power supply,motherboard and integrated video and sound than a PC I dont see it being a problem fitting it. Plus if you feel adventurous you could move the joypad ports onto a seperate board which you could mount under the CD player where the empty tray is.

Whats wrong with under the telly like everyone else :sofahide:

leave the x box in the shop :rofl:

seriously whats the point of puting a ps2/xbox/atari 2600 games console in a car..... cars are for driving not for playing games in.......

You'd be surprised when you can use it e.g sitting in the que at mcdonlds drive thru (im not a rude boy before you say anything), when the missus is shopping, when stuck in traffic on the motorway, just be happy lol