VRS 245 model variants and optional extras

Hello all. 

This is my first post and I have arrived here via reddit recommendation. 

In summary, I am looking for a 245 VRS Octavia mk3 facelift and have some questions I was hoping people could shed some light on. I am hoping for a dsg model.

The first is, is there a difference between the 245 bhp version or the 245 edition? Are they different models or are they just different names for the same thing? 

My second question or series of questions if you like being, what optional extras were available with these cars?

I'm looking for heated seats and reversing sensors, however I am unsure if both or either of these things were as standard. 

Any help or general buying advice would be great!

Thank you 

Kenai did an awesome job of explaining the models so I wont add anything there... 

My two pence worth is that I have a 245 challenge (69 plate) and its awesome, drives beautifully and is loaded with extras above standard, can't complain! Love it.

• Like 1

Is there a definitive list of what the challenge has?  I have a 2018 Skoda UK brochure which says the 245 vRS has front and rear sensors on the profile car pages (exactly per the image above in this thread), but then at the back, where options are listed and prices, it is says front are not standard and a cost item as listed as a hollow circle.

Does the challenge have ACC, DCC, front sensors or rear camera? The 245s from MY2019 say 68 plates don't seem to, and when I look at the spec of every 245 on autotrader I only find 1 or 2 with front sensors and and 1 or two with ACC and maybe one with DCC...  It seems inevitable that retrofitting will be required to get a spec fitment that is acceptable to me (and then the wife...) and the children.... everyone wants a say!:crying:

Edit:: Looks like the challenge has DCC and ACC at least, but not many for sale at present!

Edited by TheClient

12 hours ago, TheClient said:

Is there a definitive list of what the challenge has?  I have a 2018 Skoda UK brochure which says the 245 vRS has front and rear sensors on the profile car pages (exactly per the image above in this thread), but then at the back, where options are listed and prices, it is says front are not standard and a cost item as listed as a hollow circle.

Does the challenge have ACC, DCC, front sensors or rear camera? The 245s from MY2019 say 68 plates don't seem to, and when I look at the spec of every 245 on autotrader I only find 1 or 2 with front sensors and and 1 or two with ACC and maybe one with DCC...  It seems inevitable that retrofitting will be required to get a spec fitment that is acceptable to me (and then the wife...) and the children.... everyone wants a say!:crying:

Edit:: Looks like the challenge has DCC and ACC at least, but not many for sale at present!

Given you're looking at UK facelift cars, i'm going to ignore confusing the issue with prefacelift configurations (or outside UK) but for the UK facelift, the following should hold true:

DCC is standard on the 245 Challenge, optional on any other vRS

ACC is optional on all vRS models

Rear park sensors are standard on all vRS models

Front park sensors are standard on original 2017 spec 245s and 245 Challenge, but optional on all other vRS

Rear camera is optional on all vRS models

Retrofitting ACC and DCC is no doubt possible but I would expect it to be prohibitively expensive to do so.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, langers2k said:

only DSG 245's got the VAQ..?

Quirk of that particular brochure (although it appears there's a few different months combined for the different sections) I think, you couldn't order a manual 245 at that time

• Like 1

6 hours ago, langers2k said:

Found another later combined brochure that includes the Challenge: Octavia Brochure Nov 2019.pdf

At least based on the brochure (page 46), the Challenge got front assist but not ACC but more worryingly, only DSG 245's got the VAQ..?

It seems they make a mistake or two in every brochure. Or just change their minds :notme: it seems a bit of an oversight, to install front assist and not ACC just wanting the option fees I suppose, "marketing and packaging"  but then what is the rationale for front assist std.

Edited by TheClient

That seems to be the suggestion on various forums. I have engine code DKTB in my September 19 registered Challenge and cannot definitively say that is the case from ETKA as the intake manifold options refer to PR codes rather than engine codes, but there are certainly two diagrams available - one showing port injectors, one without. I'll try to remember to have a look under the bonnet to confirm.

However, on the Superb 272 forum, there is indication that Gen3 EA888 is not so badly affected as the Gen2, potentially because EGR is no longer used.

EDIT: I did clean my 2010 Gen2 EA888 valves myself when doing a waterpump change at around 50,000 miles. it was a bit of a faff but not too bad. If the problem is reduced in Gen3, I'm not too concerned - at worst it's likely to be a one off service requirement, if I keep the car for more than 6 years.

Edited by simion_levi
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I've also recently done the intake ports and valves on my 69k miles CCZA.  It also looked just like your photo.  I agree, not the end of the world but I tend tend to keep cars up to 10 years of age, so more than likely I would have to do it. And it just seems like a bit of retro step in terms of the updates that went with the EA888 Gen 3 in non facelift cars.