Delivery times?

23 hours ago, Superted said:

So what variant did you order and when?

I ordered a 2.0TSI VRS DSG in end Jan/start Feb 2022. Delivery was Sept 2022. The other Octavia (1.5TSI Style) was ordered in Aug 2021 and delivered in Jan 2022.

Yes, there's two in the yard.....

Edit. I've said it before, I wonder are certain countries being prioritized over others hearing the delays here.

Edited by Hairy_Joe

25 minutes ago, Hairy_Joe said:

I ordered a 2.0TSI VRS DSG in end Jan/start Feb 2022. Delivery was Sept 2022. The other Octavia (1.5TSI Style) was ordered in Aug 2021 and delivered in Jan 2022.

Yes, there's two in the yard.....

Edit. I've said it before, I wonder are certain countries being prioritized over others hearing the delays here.

That's just insane, simply insane. I ordered 1,5 tsi, dsg in august of 2021, and still don't have build date, I don't even think i will get it this year. I think i will buy another car and if someday i get Skoda i will sell it.

Edited by Semiconductor34
  • Groan 2

I ordered an Octavia 1.5 SEL TSI Auto on September 6th 2022 when I was given a delivery date of 37 weeks plus. The dealer rang me last week saying that the car is being built in February but the delivery will still be June. This fits in with the original estimate but whether it happens or not is anyone's guess.

Hi i've ordered my octavia 1.5 tsi sportline last year in July. Dealer also rang me last week that car will be built in February and arrived in worst case in beggining of March so for now I must tell that i thought I will wait much longer. 😀

• Like 1

I have been speaking with the leasing company this week as well as a few local dealers to try and get some more information.

The leasing company's update from the source dealer is ETA late May, build date yet to be confirmed. Octavia vRS iV ordered November 2021.

Speaking with some of the sales people at the dealers. They have advised that retail orders are being prioritised over lease orders and the reality is 18 months from point of order for delivery on iV's.

• Sad 1

In Latvija. I ordered a Skoda Octavia RS 2,0 tsi Universal in February 2022. A maximum of 1 year was planned for delivery.
Now it is already clear that in the best case in March 😞

Sadly Little good news out there for those waiting for PHEVs. Others may be having better luck. 

Anyone new here may not know about the delivery tracker. This is a spread sheet of orders and I encourage anyone with an outstanding order to add their details as it gives us all a better picture of whats happening. Whats getting delivered and whats not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17h4myLSMpZ3dohgDJX25mkOhKLbyepEaeEeYcA3AqFY/edit#gid=0

Cheers one and all.

Edited by BRSEngineer
  • Like 1

The complete lack of information from Skoda is unacceptable.  We ordered some lease cars (Octavia iV estates) in Sep & Dec 2021.  Literally zero feedback for when or even if we’ll get the cars.

I suspect they’re hoping we cancel so it can be sold/leased to new customers at a higher price.

35 minutes ago, Snoda said:

The complete lack of information from Skoda is unacceptable.  We ordered some lease cars (Octavia iV estates) in Sep & Dec 2021.  Literally zero feedback for when or even if we’ll get the cars.

I suspect they’re hoping we cancel so it can be sold/leased to new customers at a higher price.

Sell what, their production numbers have been declining for 4 years in a row now.

15 hours ago, BRSEngineer said:

Sadly Little good news out there for those waiting for PHEVs. Others may be having better luck. 

Anyone new here may not know about the delivery tracker. This is a spread sheet of orders and I encourage anyone with an outstanding order to add their details as it gives us all a better picture of whats happening. Whats getting delivered and whats not.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17h4myLSMpZ3dohgDJX25mkOhKLbyepEaeEeYcA3AqFY/edit#gid=0

Cheers one and all.

Any word from Skoda on your communication with head office?

These week trade unionist:

M13 Octavia - Third week already
production runs at a high tempo 1.03
min./car, which is 413 cars per shift,
1240 cars per day. Last week in the M13 they produced a total of 6278 cars,
of which 4655 Octavia cars and 1623
of Enyaq cars. The first two night shifts were canceled this week, otherwise
all without changes. For this next week there will be only 4 morning shifts and otherwise all shifts are cancelled.
The staff are horrified by this
and they ask what will happen next, no one tells them
however, he can't answer at this point and the uncertainty continues to rise.

I thought things were getting better..

• Crying 1
  • Groan 1

On 22/01/2023 at 12:51, ffm_driver said:

After browsing various forums, Octavia Hybrid orders from November 2021 onwards have all been moved to late 2023 early 2024. Why that is, I have no idea. In the German-speaking forum, no one who ordered in November or December 2021 has a delivery currently confirmed earlier than December 2023.  So I have hope that Skoda is still sorting it out. As far as I have heard, there is a lack of batteries.

We have ordered an RS Hybrid in December 2021 and the current forecast is for delivery in week 01 / 2024.

Good grief! That's one heck of a delay. (Hope you don't mind me editing your quoted post to add the missing "4" in "2024".)

• Like 1

Hi All,
I've ordered an Octavia vRS hatch (2.0 TSI, DSG) in December of 2021 as a company car. There is nothing special in it (black color, alarm system, front parking radar, spare wheel). The first predicted delivery date was 2023 March. Then April, and now the 22th week, so end of May. Who ordered any BMW, or VW or Toyota, all has been delivered. From this week, you can't order an Octavia in Hungary for the next 1 year (but as I see in the other countries yes). The dealer said it's because the factory is full until 2024 spring. I think it's not the true reason why mine order is late. Last week my company ordered another Octavia (1.5 TSI DSG Ambition estate with lack of extras), and the price is only 1300€ less then my vRS was. I have no info, just when I write to the dealer. Very frustrating. I guess this will be my last Skoda...If I ever get it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Crying 1

13 hours ago, tdaniel said:

Hi All,
I've ordered an Octavia vRS hatch (2.0 TSI, DSG) in December of 2021 as a company car. There is nothing special in it (black color, alarm system, front parking radar, spare wheel). The first predicted delivery date was 2023 March. Then April, and now the 22th week, so end of May. Who ordered any BMW, or VW or Toyota, all has been delivered. From this week, you can't order an Octavia in Hungary for the next 1 year (but as I see in the other countries yes). The dealer said it's because the factory is full until 2024 spring. I think it's not the true reason why mine order is late. Last week my company ordered another Octavia (1.5 TSI DSG Ambition estate with lack of extras), and the price is only 1300€ less then my vRS was. I have no info, just when I write to the dealer. Very frustrating. I guess this will be my last Skoda...If I ever get it.

I agree with this. It doesn't make sense, but I think it's a VAG thing. My neighbour ordered a petrol VW SUV last year, and when it was delayed he simply cancelled the order and bought a Tesla model Y instead. (Which he's been delighted with.)

The Tesla took a few weeks to arrive and he got a good deal on it as they were running an offer on lease/pcp/whatever Teslas at the time.

If the delays are genuine, then I can only think VAG have got an absolutely hopeless procurement team.

15 hours ago, tdaniel said:

Hi All,
..... From this week, you can't order an Octavia in Hungary for the next 1 year (but as I see in the other countries yes). The dealer said it's because the factory is full until 2024 spring. I think it's not the true reason why mine order is late......

I think the factory being full is true, but not full as in maximum capacity.  It is limited by parts supply.  It is an assembly line, and can only built what it gets.

VW group have chosen to buy in semiconductors (not operate their own factory).  They also still have fairly low capacity for battery production.  I suspect it is simply a case of we can only build X battery packs for electric  vehicles, shall we put them in a £80k Audi that is profitable, or a Skoda that we sold at £30k 1-2 years ago but is now costing nearer £35k to build.

Personally I still think they hope most orders will be cancelled by customers bored of waiting, and then they can just build any remaining orders when they would have made the cheap run out cars before retooling for updated model.

Other manufacturers with Battery / Chip issues have decided to concentrate in getting Electrified vehicles out.

So more small battery Mild or PHEV using maybe only 20% or less of the cells in a battery pack.   Keep the vehicles being produced and out to customers and paid for.

VW Group are using partners to produce the Electrified cars or EV's for them to meet the EU or UK Fleet Averages and it requires them to get their vehicles build and first registered or VW can not get the Average figures required.

On 25/01/2023 at 19:44, PoloGaz said:

Any word from Skoda on your communication with head office?

I did not receive the promised call Thursday or Friday. As such I phoned them only for Skoda to be unable to connect me with the individual who should have called.

I have sent and e-mail to the Skoda executive office outlining my disapproval and ongoing issue.

I clearly stated that I expect an accurate delivery date and that this should not pose an issue 11 months after receiving my order.

If I don't get a prompt response I will escalate further. 

Hopefully some of you have received good news this week about your orders.

Regards BRS

I've chased my SEL IV with dealer this week and they have given me an unconfirmed build week of W28 and said delays are currently to do with the Esound module?

Sounded like BS. My order was Oct2021 so based on estimated Date I'm looking at 20months

Was going to cancel for a volvo xc40 bulk ordered by my lease company due in April, but they have been delayed too till sept

Bet if octavia built June I'll miss the facelift

Edited by Novascape
  • Groan 1

12 hours ago, Novascape said:

I've chased my SEL IV with dealer this week and they have given me an unconfirmed build week of W28 and said delays are currently to do with the Esound module?

Sounded like BS. My order was Oct2021 so based on estimated Date I'm looking at 20months

Was going to cancel for a volvo xc40 bulk ordered by my lease company due in April, but they have been delayed too till sept

Bet if octavia built June I'll miss the facelift

I think this esound module story is bs, my order was made 17 ago, and still no even unconfirmed build date, and it's not even hybrid .

I have ordered Style iV with plenty of options in Sep 2021 and the current delivery guess is in May 2023. Now it seems that I will never get to see the car. Namely, it would have been a company car and in the meantime I have decided to quit the job and work elsewhere. I would have had the opportunity to have the car as a privately leased but the costs turned out to be so high that I'd prefer keeping my current company car (petrol Superb). It's a pity but at least someone at the company will get a nicely equipped Octavia.

As I won't be able to follow the delivery date of the new car, I'll delete it from the spreadsheet.