Delivery times?

1 hour ago, Ajdolin said:

In this video they are really coming out fast and testing quite close one after another. Has anyone found something on the door panel factory?

The issue is not the door panel only but also lots of problems with the cables production. I read an article about it some time ago.

https://gettotext.com/problems-at-vw-and-skoda-german-car-buyers-have-to-be-patient/

Edited by Omniking

On 18/03/2022 at 21:41, Omniking said:

The issue is not the door panel only but also lots of problems with the cables production. I read an article about it some time ago.

https://gettotext.com/problems-at-vw-and-skoda-german-car-buyers-have-to-be-patient/

Yeah, but as they say in this and other articles, the cable problem is the main problem for the IV cars, and not word spoken about the regular cars, so i wonder does cable problem have impact on the petrol or diesel car production?

32 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Yeah, but as they say in this and other articles, the cable problem is the main problem for the IV cars, and not word spoken about the regular cars, so i wonder does cable problem have impact on the petrol or diesel car production?

Is it true that you had to stop production of the ENYAQ iV?
Yes. Due to the current situation in Ukraine, ŠKODA AUTO is facing critical supply shortages of parts from several local suppliers that has effect on some of our models. This is the reason why we had to stop production of the ENYAQ iV from this Thursday (3.3.2022) on. To resolve this situation, our experts work hard finding available alternatives to help prevent adverse production impacts.

Are other models besides the ENYAQ at risk?
Production of the SCALA and KAMIQ models are also at risk due to the unavailability of wiring harnesses.

More here: https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/faq-russia-ukraine/

6 minutes ago, MaximusMeridius said:

Is it true that you had to stop production of the ENYAQ iV?
Yes. Due to the current situation in Ukraine, ŠKODA AUTO is facing critical supply shortages of parts from several local suppliers that has effect on some of our models. This is the reason why we had to stop production of the ENYAQ iV from this Thursday (3.3.2022) on. To resolve this situation, our experts work hard finding available alternatives to help prevent adverse production impacts.

Are other models besides the ENYAQ at risk?
Production of the SCALA and KAMIQ models are also at risk due to the unavailability of wiring harnesses.

More here: https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/faq-russia-ukraine/

Thank you for information, i hope cable problems won't affect octy production, because otherwise i will lose hope to get car in 2022.

2 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

Thank you for information, i hope cable problems won't affect octy production, because otherwise i will lose hope to get car in 2022.

I don't get it at all what the problem is now. Octavias should be flying of the production line. They stopped Enyaq production, they wont make/sell cars in Russia (90k per year), they wont make/sell cars in Ukraine (6k per year), they expect problems also with Scala and Kamiq. So they should have chips in abundance. So the only problem now are door panels? Are they producing anything at all? They will sell only Kodiaqs, Superbs and Fabias? Let us not forget that Octavia is the flagship (200k per year). This company is sinking. 

The ECUs aren't all the same, some are unique to certain models, just as cable looms are. 

They can be vastly different depending on specific order options, engines etc. 

My car has a special bespoke wiring loom fitted to prevent certain thing's happening with it. 

I found this amid the before mentioned press release:

Will you be producing ENYAQ iVs as unfinished vehicles and parking them until parts become available, or will you be reducing the production rate?
It is not feasible to produce incomplete vehicles in this case due to the nature of the missing parts. We are addressing the situation by adjusting our production programme and completing pre-produced cars that are missing the parts we now have sufficient quantities of.

i hope this doesn’t necessarily apply to Enyaq only?

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

The ECUs aren't all the same, some are unique to certain models, just as cable looms are. 

My car has a special bespoke wiring loom fitted to prevent certain thing's happening with it. 

I know, still some aren't and it is not like they have a stock of ECUs for a year in russia, that has to be exported. They will just change the order priority for the ones they need now to be delivered in CZ?

11 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

In terms of bespoke harness what have they modified ? I’d be very interested to know how a harness can be bespoke on a high volume production car. 

• Like 1

It has to be to prevent certain things happening, I thought everybody knew that!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cottis said:

In terms of bespoke harness what have they modified ? I’d be very interested to know how a harness can be bespoke on a high volume production car. 

I have no idea. What they did, all I do know is that it stops the oil sensor failure alarm going off on it.

That thing has been replaced 6 times, tested 6 times and it kept failing, so they did something to the wiring harness and I don't get the failure alarm anymore. 🙂

2 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

many thanks for your review of your car.i am sure many people who have ordered the same car as yourself will be very pleased with your review.

Me too, although my order is different type of engine 😉

Nice to see that cars are still being delivered and that we have something to look forward to. I have to admit that I have again started checking the used cars market, although I said I never wanted another one…

One question though, I was told to have a guaranteed price given at the order date, now I’m not so sure anymore. Has anyone else had the same experience as NicktheGreek? I do know the price in Slovenia has gone up 3 times so far (last time end Feb).

The deal in the UK was that the price agreed when the contract was signed at order was the price you'd pay, so effectively immune from any price rises. The variable would be trade-in value of your old car which could change between order and delivery.

That said, I've just cancelled my order as the delays are getting longer and 4 months later it's still not been accepted by the factory. I get the impression from my local dealer that this is a regular thing recently.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chappers. said:

The deal in the UK was that the price agreed when the contract was signed at order was the price you'd pay, so effectively immune from any price rises. The variable would be trade-in value of your old car which could change between order and delivery.

That said, I've just cancelled my order as the delays are getting longer and 4 months later it's still not been accepted by the factory. I get the impression from my local dealer that this is a regular thing recently.

Sorry to hear that. You placed your order in November, correct?

1 hour ago, Ajdolin said:

Me too, although my order is different type of engine 😉

Nice to see that cars are still being delivered and that we have something to look forward to. I have to admit that I have again started checking the used cars market, although I said I never wanted another one…

One question though, I was told to have a guaranteed price given at the order date, now I’m not so sure anymore. Has anyone else had the same experience as NicktheGreek? I do know the price in Slovenia has gone up 3 times so far (last time end Feb).

Last month i asked the dealer what is with the price of the car and the financing and he told me that everything stays unchanged. The deal we signed is still the same, and nothing can change.

So i doubt they can change price as they whish?!? :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Senaid said:

Last month i asked the dealer what is with the price of the car and the financing and he told me that everything stays unchanged. The deal we signed is still the same, and nothing can change.

So i doubt they can change price as they whish?!? :D

Ok, thanks for that info 😀

31 minutes ago, Ajdolin said:

On the other hand, NicktheGreek ordered his Octy end of July, so there might be hope for us. Nick, did you receive some updates on delivery date during the waiting time and was it correct?

Dear Ajdolin,

I had frequent communication with me dealer. 

1) At first the car was supposed to go for production on week 40, but the dealer informed me from the beginning that this has lot of chances not to happen.

2) Then i have been informed that the car was going to production on week 49, but again my dealer he was sceptic. (that didnt happen)

3) Then for some time there was no production date at all

4) Finally just before Christmas he informed me that the car has been programmed for production for week 4 - 2022 (if i remember correctly) BUT this time he was absolutely sure that this is not going to change. He explained to me that now the order was marked as "freezed" which means you cannot do changes any more to your order (add/remove options, change color, etc) and this indication most of the times does not change.

So apparently dealers have some clues as to if a production date will be final or have chances to change.

Hope i have helped,

Thanks. You guys have a good memory, mine is more like swiss cheese 😊

Iirc the probable dates were first Feb, then March, now it’s May since the fire. But no info what this date means. In Dec the dealer asked if I were willing to remove some of the safety options but I refused. Delivery in May would be nice though, my birthday month.

35 minutes ago, NicktheGreek said:

Dear Ajdolin,

I had frequent communication with me dealer. 

1) At first the car was supposed to go for production on week 40, but the dealer informed me from the beginning that this has lot of chances not to happen.

2) Then i have been informed that the car was going to production on week 49, but again my dealer he was sceptic. (that didnt happen)

3) Then for some time there was no production date at all

4) Finally just before Christmas he informed me that the car has been programmed for production for week 4 - 2022 (if i remember correctly) BUT this time he was absolutely sure that this is not going to change. He explained to me that now the order was marked as "freezed" which means you cannot do changes any more to your order (add/remove options, change color, etc) and this indication most of the times does not change.

So apparently dealers have some clues as to if a production date will be final or have chances to change.

Hope i have helped,

That indeed is very interesting, because I was contacted by my dealer in October, (car was ordered late august) and he said that the factory informed him, that the rims that I chose is not compatible with the M+S tyres, so he needed to change rims, however no information since then, well, I hope at least order was accepted by factory. 

2 minutes ago, Semiconductor34 said:

That indeed is very interesting, because I was contacted by my dealer in October, (car was ordered late august) and he said that the factory informed him, that the rims that I chose is not compatible with the M+S tyres, so he needed to change rims, however no information since then, well, I hope at least order was accepted by factory. 

How can it be that the original rims don’t fit the original tyres?