Delivery times?

Got a call this morning from my car dealer, saying the the car is now waiting to be transported. He says the car will be waiting for me next week in their dealership. Seem so soon and unreal? What was yours delivery times from build to delivery in your countrys? I ordered mine in late march 2021

So, one from March and one from April delivered or about to be delivered - that's encouraging!

Entirely no news on mine from 8th of March, but hopefully the March round of orders is slowly heading towards being finished. I surely hope so! 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mati said:

So, one from March and one from April delivered or about to be delivered - that's encouraging!

Entirely no news on mine from 8th of March, but hopefully the March round of orders is slowly heading towards being finished. I surely hope so! 

Oh no, you're experiencing hope!

I got a call from an agent, the vehicle will not be there until next year. Croatia, the car was ordered in mid-april. The delivery deadline was to be mid-November. The vehicle does not currently have a confirmed production date.

45 minutes ago, Bomber987 said:

I got a call from an agent, the vehicle will not be there until next year. Croatia, the car was ordered in mid-april. The delivery deadline was to be mid-November. The vehicle does not currently have a confirmed production date.

A week ago, there was no production date on my car either, and then I got a call yesterday that the car is finished. So stay hopefull

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack221 said:

A week ago, there was no production date on my car either, and then I got a call yesterday that the car is finished. So stay hopefull

My dealer told me the colour of my car was changed to Graphite Grey instead of Quartz Grey, so I have no hope of receiving it this year anymore. I don't think a single Graphite Grey Octavia left the factory so far, I for sure haven't seen one. And I have been looking. 

16 minutes ago, zetzet said:

My dealer told me the colour of my car was changed to Graphite Grey instead of Quartz Grey, so I have no hope of receiving it this year anymore. I don't think a single Graphite Grey Octavia left the factory so far, I for sure haven't seen one. And I have been looking. 

I ordered quartz grey, dealer said nothing about colour change. Will see next week when I get the car. When did you place your order?

26 minutes ago, zetzet said:

They're definitely out there. There's a second hand one available from Mitchell Group.

https://www.mitchellgroup.co.uk/used/cars/skoda-octavia-hatchback-14-tsi-iv-vrs-5dr-dsg-df21omz

1 hour ago, Jack221 said:

I ordered quartz grey, dealer said nothing about colour change. Will see next week when I get the car. When did you place your order?

Let us know which color it will be as there are some like you and i heard from my dealer that quartz will be changed to graphite if ordered. If you still have the quartz then hopefully there is some hope for them. 

I'm finally picking up my car this friday 15.10.2021 after ordering it on 23.2.2021, it has been a really long wait but we will see if it was worth it :D. Its 2.0 DSG 116hp Ambition, with quite a few extras added. Funny thing is the dealer called me on monday when he got the info that car arrived in my country from the transporter, Skoda didnt even gave him like a week heads up xD, because status on friday 8.10.2021 was still in production 🤷‍♂️.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zetzet said:

That's quartz grey, graphite grey doesn't have the blue tint, you can see it on the new Fabia and the facelifted Kodiaq.

I'm only going by the listing. Here is the listing for the same car available via Carwow and shown as Graphite Grey Metallic...

https://quotes.carwow.co.uk/stock_cars/26412750?iterable[campaignId]=1125047&iterable[channelId]=6974&iterable[messageTypeId]=7590&iterable[seg]=user&iterable[templateId]=1576166&utm_campaign=txn_usr_pre-enquiry_stock_stock-recommendations-4_uk_290920&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Iterable

On 13/10/2021 at 17:50, soussi said:

Let us know which color it will be as there are some like you and i heard from my dealer that quartz will be changed to graphite if ordered. If you still have the quartz then hopefully there is some hope for them. 

My car arrived this morning to dealership…will get it on tuesday. The colour is quartz gray for sure. Will post pictures when i get it. It took 5 day to be delivered from the car factory to Slovenia. Very fast if you ask me :)

1 hour ago, Jack221 said:

My car arrived this morning to dealership…will get it on tuesday. The colour is quartz gray for sure. Will post pictures when i get it. It took 5 day to be delivered from the car factory to Slovenia. Very fast if you ask me :)

Congrats. When did you order the car ?

I reckon Skoda will be getting the parts they need sparodically, so there probably won’t be any way of second guessing what cars will be finished and the timescales. 
If they get a load of electronics in which enable them to finish, let’s say, cars with options A, C, D and F and your car has them it might come on time or maybe even a bit quicker than cars which need options B and E too, even though you ordered after those people. It might be that the parts for option G might not arrive for 6 months so all those cars will be at the back of the queue for a while. 

Even saying all that, it probably isn’t that simple in real life anyway. You’ve probably just got to assess your decision to wait or not on its own merits - just don’t get your hopes up that just because someone who ordered a car same time as you get theirs that yours is on the way!!

24 minutes ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

I reckon Skoda will be getting the parts they need sparodically, so there probably won’t be any way of second guessing what cars will be finished and the timescales. 
If they get a load of electronics in which enable them to finish, let’s say, cars with options A, C, D and F and your car has them it might come on time or maybe even a bit quicker than cars which need options B and E too, even though you ordered after those people. It might be that the parts for option G might not arrive for 6 months so all those cars will be at the back of the queue for a while. 

Even saying all that, it probably isn’t that simple in real life anyway. You’ve probably just got to assess your decision to wait or not on its own merits - just don’t get your hopes up that just because someone who ordered a car same time as you get theirs that yours is on the way!!

100% agree with you. 

I don’t work in the automotive industry myself but I work in banking and a lot of my clients do. Supply of microchips is very hit and miss, supply chains are all over the place and therefore predicting anything with any degree of accuracy is very hard. I’m hearing reports of chips / supplies turning up unannounced. It’s encouraging to hear people getting their cars early but I’m not holding out too much hope myself! 

1 hour ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

Also they just released a statement saying that they will heavily prioritise unfinished cars they already have instead of making new ones, so if you missed the queue like me you will probably have to wait till 2022.