Delivery times?

I know we are all saying the same things but where is the basic information in what skoda customers want but getting ignored?i would of thought you order your car and this goes to car plant and put on a list for getting car made.your car gets built it then goes to the various countries where car is required and then handed over to the customer.what is so hard about that?which way skoda are treating there customers is nothing short of a disgrace.i know some people will say it the same right across the car manufacturers world.Yet You would of thought they would know when cars are going to get built and completed so why not keep customers updated in a proper way instead of the same message every week we are all getting used to by now.if skoda does not know what cars are getting built or completed what chance do any of us have?

3 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

so why not keep customers updated in a proper way

I completely agree. In the 9-month waiting time so far for me, the dealer did not initiate any communication. All was done from my side. Unacceptable. 

For a while now, I've been communicating mainly with head od sales. The regular sales staff is just plain incompetent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drnovshek said:

I completely agree. In the 9-month waiting time so far for me, the dealer did not initiate any communication. All was done from my side. Unacceptable. 

For a while now, I've been communicating mainly with head od sales. The regular sales staff is just plain incompetent.

You would of thought the people upstairs will know there pr is well below the standard what is expected but it looks like they putting there heads in the sand as well.as I said before such a simple thing order,build,deliver that's how simple it is.one other point who makes the decision what models of cars are getting priority?you read on here about certain models are getting built first but where is the proof in that?it is a lottery at the moment and who suffers the most ,YES the customer and are skoda bothered NO is the answer because if you cancel a order someone else will get there car earlier.

It is obvious in the 2nd half of the year if they are only going to be able to build / complete half the vehicles they would want to then they are not going to send out ones that would bring the Average C02 emissions of vehicles first registered to a figure that would mean Fines imposed for going over the figure they need to meet, be that Skoda or the VW Group.   If they can get the ones with lower emissions out to get the average low they will.

(They can not just leave it to MG Motors to get the average down for them.)

They are not total idiots.

https://www.skoda-storyboard.com/en/press-releases/strong-first-half-of-the-year-skoda-auto-significantly-increases-operating-profit-and-revenue

They need to complete builds, sell the product, receive in money as that is the business they are in, but not having to pay millions or billions in penalties if they can control 'First Registrations' to suit the dates / timeline.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/vw-faces-eu-fine-missing-2020-emissions-targets

https://autovista24.autovistagroup.com/news/vw-group-and-jlr-face-fines-exceeding-2020-eu-emissions-targets

Edited by roottoot
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, drnovshek said:

It exactly the same for me. I'm interested to see how I get along with the dealership over my ownership period.

On 03/11/2021 at 20:34, TheUltraRunner said:

Am I reading this right? I was sure you will be ordering the Sportline ;)

Head says Sportline. Heart says vRS. Wallet says make me an offer I cannot refuse. 

I am willing to order, ready to order but I don’t need to. To get me over the line I need a grand gesture - quite a few grand gesture;)

22 hours ago, drnovshek said:

9 months. You must hold the record for your wait.hope you get it soon.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mcdeli said:

Head says Sportline. Heart says vRS. Wallet says make me an offer I cannot refuse. 

I am willing to order, ready to order but I don’t need to. To get me over the line I need a grand gesture - quite a few grand gesture;)

If you're not in a hurry, i'd wait for summer. At this moment some options are not available (like Canton and parking assist, if you care for them). I ordered mine almost only because of the "huolenpitosopimus" deal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

9 months. You must hold the record for your wait.hope you get it soon.

I will got 8 months in December 😔 for 1.0 Ambition version. Let's see who will get the car first.

Edited by alexxutzu

3 hours ago, timster said:

If you're not in a hurry, i'd wait for summer. At this moment some options are not available (like Canton and parking assist, if you care for them). I ordered mine almost only because of the "huolenpitosopimus" deal.

100% agree with this one.

4 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

100% agree with this one.

Problem is that the chip issues will still be there till the end of 2022 and who knows longer. Better try to make an order where you can get the options you want and where the order cannot be changed by them. If possible you will win a lot of time and get what you want. Order laters as some suggest you might probably still be faced with missing options.

Edited by soussi

I am at 6 months waiting on a vRS iv estate that originally had a week 34 build.

Spoke to the dealer on Monday and he still has no idea if its been started or anything. He did tell me a month ago there was a build week +10 week delay. Week 44 is now (ish).

I was hoping as the only option I chose was the paintwork it might get done in a reasonable time, but I guess not. Fingers crossed its here before Christmas...but I won't hold my breath.

There's no point getting shirty with the dealers they are as in the dark as we all are.

38 minutes ago, soussi said:

Problem is that the chip issues will still be there till the end of 2022 and who knows longer. Better try to make an order where you can get the options you want and where the order cannot be changed by them. If possible you will win a lot of time and get what you want. Order laters as some suggest you might probably still be faced with missing options.

Also a good point. 👍

4 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:
4 hours ago, MickyD44 said:

I am at 6 months waiting on a vRS iv estate that originally had a week 34 build.

Spoke to the dealer on Monday and he still has no idea if its been started or anything. He did tell me a month ago there was a build week +10 week delay. Week 44 is now (ish).

I was hoping as the only option I chose was the paintwork it might get done in a reasonable time, but I guess not. Fingers crossed its here before Christmas...but I won't hold my breath.

There's no point getting shirty with the dealers they are as in the dark as we all are.

Got my latest update again pushed back until 28 February 2022.so that makes it 9 months and one week(37 weeks)It is getting more and more frustrating.this is my 6 push back since I put my order in. the only good thing is it will be a 22 plate if am lucky when I get or maybe a 72 plate.just maybe mark 5 might be out by the time I get it.p+*^^ o$$

5 hours ago, Wonderloaf said:

I've been waiting 11 months...

Why does anyone order a car, which still won’t be with them in 9-11 months.

How can anyone get joy from that sort of new car experience.

So much easier 30-40 years ago when you walked in showroom, picked one that dealer had speculatively bought as stock, and had it within few hours.

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

So much easier 30-40 years ago when you walked in showroom, picked one that dealer had speculatively bought as stock, and had it within few hours.

Yes but, the only compromise you needed to make back then was on the colour and or model - there wasn’t dozens of variable options / toys to choose from…………

However, this waiting possibly 9 months / up to a year is a PIA, more so in my case, I’m wondering which call will arrive first, the dealer else the grim reaper………..😬

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

But there is no stock to pick from, the only models that aren't bought immediately are bad spec or just unpopular. There is a shortage of new cars.

10 hours ago, soussi said:

I wonder if every model out there gets pushed back that hard or only the models that are ordered the most 😕

Don't think there is many cars I have ordered on the order books .someone else mentioned it a few weeks ago Octavia 4x4 vrs estate 200bhp diesel  dsg..wish I knew this delay way back when I put my order in.

4 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

I was told mine would take 10 weeks to arrive when I ordered it lol

14 minutes ago, Wonderloaf said:

I was told mine would take 10 weeks to arrive when I ordered it lol

11.11.2021 Will be 8 months since I ordered mine. Was quoted 5 months at first, maximum 6....so now I`m going on eight and still no date or anything in the system or from the dealer. He did call me last week if I want to take VRS TSI 245 estate in white - but my order is VRS TDI hatch in black, so I told him no. And the price went up quite a lot. 

5 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

My previous car would have been max 3 months waiting. It got prolonged multiple times till it became somewhat more than 9 months. So now i am in the same bloody ride all over again 😕

it's bad enough having to wait longer for a car  than you where orginally  told, but i've read the terms/conditions  on the paperwork after paying  my deposit, and it says, if there are any price increases by skoda while your waiting for delivery,  they will give you 2 or 3 weeks notice  [ cant remember the exact number of days ]  you will then have the option to cancel or pay up if you still want the car.

The longer you have to wait, the more likely that prices will increase ,   so you could wait say 9 months only to be told prices are going up £2k so take it or leave it  😂