Delivery times?

On 03/09/2021 at 15:37, Ado12345 said:

I ordered my Octavia end of July from the dealer. I got a confirmation from Skoda that order received 18/08. I don't have a confirmed build week but Skoda web chat advised that it is expected week 18 of 2022-which is roughly end of April / early May- although the build date may come forward when confirmed.

Update from dealer, expected build week now showing as w/c 18th October but still subject to change.

@Joss1733 There is an article linked in this thread or one of the numerous delivery threads specifically about Skoda chips and a Skoda persons comments.

Fabia using the least, but that is not clear if only as is with Mk3 Fabia Estates which they are still building and not the new Mk4 hatch which has more available tech than a Scalla or Kamiq will have.

Maybe the Enyaq uses the most or could it be the Plug in Hybrids with lots of options ticked.  

Does it really matter as members and buyers are receiving various models and plenty were built and delivered in the first 7 months of 2021.

http://whatcar.com/news/chip-shortage-delays-how-long-will-you-have-to-wait-for-a-new-car/n23449

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/computer-chip-shortage-affects-skoda-according-boss

Edited by e-Roottoot
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, e-Roottoot said:

@Joss1733 There is an article linked in this thread or one of the numerous delivery threads specifically about Skoda chips and a Skoda persons comments.

Fabia using the least, but that is not clear if only as is with Mk3 Fabia Estates which they are still building and not the new Mk4 hatch which has more available tech than a Scalla or Kamiq will have.

Maybe the Enyaq uses the most or could it be the Plug in Hybrids with lots of options ticked.  

Does it really matter as members and buyers are receiving various models and plenty were built and delivered in the first 7 months of 2021.

http://whatcar.com/news/chip-shortage-delays-how-long-will-you-have-to-wait-for-a-new-car/n23449

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/features/computer-chip-shortage-affects-skoda-according-boss

Very interesting read,so I think is not only skoda that are having problems.it is across the vast majority of car makes.lets all hope the micro chip shortage improves a lot of the next month or so.

Doubt that greatly.  VW the biggest car manufacturing group in the world badly affected because they treat contractors and suppliers badly always shifting and trying to screw down prices.  These companies get peed off with VW. Happened several times now in just the last 5 years.  VW suffered and customers then had to just wait.  Interior trim was a fight VW group lost.  They take the Michael too often.   They dropped Das Auto for honesty.  Vorsprung Technik. Except VW tried producing their own Software and are failing badly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

lets all hope the micro chip shortage improves a lot of the next month or so.

Unlikely as it takes time to get a clean room fab up and running again, most predictions are that there will be chip shortages until at least mid 2022.

Called my dealer last friday. Said that he was just updated for delays.

Was supposed to get my RS iV on late december, but now its late january if lucky.

Not sure how does my queue go since i ordered an e-tec on july but swapped it for RS iV in august.

I don't think any of us know what is going on and I don't think skoda has much more idea.the waiting list is a complete joke you see people on this site getting told next year deliverythen getting a phone call saying car is getting delivered shortly.(a few weeks)

28 minutes ago, Joss1733 said:

I don't think any of us know what is going on and I don't think skoda has much more idea.the waiting list is a complete joke you see people on this site getting told next year deliverythen getting a phone call saying car is getting delivered shortly.(a few weeks)

Those could just be lucky cancelled orders. I think the actual production is massively behind, I have been searching for a graphite grey Octavia to see how it looks and no one has one on any forums, I've checked Autoscout24 too and they should have started making them already a while back.

yess it is insane. Our dealer has no idea about the waiting time. The only answer i got is they are waiting for information just like i do and there are thousands of cars waiting to be completed. I got a new estimate as somewhere in 2022 without any date known.  Looks like i am indeed in the same long waiting time as my last car...probably +8months delivery time.

1 hour ago, soussi said:

yess it is insane. Our dealer has no idea about the waiting time. The only answer i got is they are waiting for information just like i do and there are thousands of cars waiting to be completed. I got a new estimate as somewhere in 2022 without any date known.  Looks like i am indeed in the same long waiting time as my last car...probably +8months delivery time.

When did you order your car?

I ordered the new MKIV estate iV on the 9th Sept (NHS lease) and I’ve just found out predicted date is 03/03/21. After reading this forum I am going to take this with a pinch of salt. Hope my current car lasts that long….

On 24/09/2021 at 19:55, jaybz said:

Which options did you ordered ?

Panoramic sunroof, canton, DCC, headup display, side assist, electric ajustable seats in the front think thats about it, if I remember correctly 😅

Looks like my car has been put back to Feb 2022. Was originally planned for Dec 2021. 

Not a massive problem as I have a hire car provided through my work until the new car arrives but I’d rather have the Skoda than a knackered 2 year old Insignia hire car. 😂

FWIW I have ordered an SEL iV estate, only options are LED light pack and the black wheels.   

Edited by MiniNinjaRob

56 minutes ago, alexxutzu said:

When did you place the order?

It’s a bit hard to say for sure, I ordered it 20th July 21 but that was through my work portal - I have no idea what the route is after that as there may be steps my order has to go through before it is officially ordered like normal customer orders are. 
I was a bit sceptical at the start as they gave  me a December date very quickly - they have stuck to that date until today. 

I have just read the update email again and it says “the dealership are still awaiting a confirmed build slot for your order and have therefore moved the expected delivery”. They also mentioned this date may change again and said the fleet orders and experiencing big delays. 

Edited by MiniNinjaRob

4 hours ago, MiniNinjaRob said:

It’s a bit hard to say for sure, I ordered it 20th July 21 but that was through my work portal - I have no idea what the route is after that as there may be steps my order has to go through before it is officially ordered like normal customer orders are. 
I was a bit sceptical at the start as they gave  me a December date very quickly - they have stuck to that date until today. 

I have just read the update email again and it says “the dealership are still awaiting a confirmed build slot for your order and have therefore moved the expected delivery”. They also mentioned this date may change again and said the fleet orders and experiencing big delays. 

In my previous company we used Zenith and they had a portal. You should get updates from them and the dealer as your order moves on. I did anyway for the three cars I had through them.

Hi all, brand new member here, found the site as it was recommended on Pistonheads. 

Just to add my input to the thread, I’ve ordered an Octavia VRS iV Estate via my works company scheme which is through Lex Autolease. Originally I was given an expected delivery date of Feb 2022 but I’ve just had an e Mail pushing it back to July 2022….patience is not one of my strong points usually so this is going to be a real test for me! 

I sent a e mail to enquire about delivery date of my car.which was supposed to be 26 September then to 4 October then 4 November and today been told skoda uk expects my car been with the dealer on the 17  December so up to then it just about makes it 28 weeks from order date and that is not guaranteed date.saying i could get it earlier or later,I know where I would put my money on.may get it 12 weeks after the initial delivery date.just wonder did they know at the time of my order that there was no chance of me getting the car on the date they said.

11 hours ago, Joss1733 said:

I sent a e mail to enquire about delivery date of my car.which was supposed to be 26 September then to 4 October then 4 November and today been told skoda uk expects my car been with the dealer on the 17  December so up to then it just about makes it 28 weeks from order date and that is not guaranteed date.saying i could get it earlier or later,I know where I would put my money on.may get it 12 weeks after the initial delivery date.just wonder did they know at the time of my order that there was no chance of me getting the car on the date they said.

I complained to Skoda UK as I sold my Merc, they gave me a Passat for 6 weeks.  Might be worth logging a complaint?