Excessive condensation

markc1184

We picked up our new '21 Karoq 2 weeks ago. All going well apart from over the last few days there seems to be an excessive amount off condensation particularly on the windscreen and drivers side window. So much so that there are large droplets forming on the inside of the glass and falling onto the dashboard. It takes a few minutes then to completely clear the windows.

I've had a look around to see if there is any water inside the car but nothing that I can see. The car hasn't been washed yet for it have maybe come in through a slightly opened window.

Any other obvious things to look out for that may be causing it?

Just been sat too long, do a long drive with A/C on to take moisture out of air.

My wife's car has hardly been used, snow and ice means she has lot's of moisture in car as you described. Today with sun on car she has had windows and boot open to try and dry it out. But the real answer is the A/C and a decent drive...

• Thanks 1

Natural dampness inside the car, sun warms the car up during the day, then as the sun goes down and the temperature drops the warm moist air inside the car condenses on the windows. 

Always keep the A/C on and if you remember....try to vent the car at the end of the day as the temperature is dropping to release the damp air. 

Edited by MrAdamwood

1 hour ago, markc1184 said:

I've had a look around to see if there is any water inside the car but nothing that I can see

Keep looking, sounds like there's a leak somewhere.

Check that the door drainage is working OK, some recent Skodas seem to have some badly designed rubber seals that cause the doors to not drain themselves. I forget which model(s). 

• Like 1

Best find where there is H20 getting in the car because all around where your car / area you will find vehicles parked and not dripping condensation inside.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/461611-water-ingress-passenger-footwell

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/488226-leaky-karoq

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/488212-poor-demisting

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/490523-poll-for-water-ingress-into-cabin

As per above. The problem is if it were a natural phenomina then it would be happening on everyone's car. And mother nature tends to disregard the badge on the bonnet yet some reason I've never understood, my experience is all VW group cars attracted moisture inside, allbeit never as bad as the OP implies. If the condensation is 'dripping', that implies somethings not right. Could be water ingress, could be a poor seal somewhere. Do you have anything like wet shoes or clothing in the boot?  If not, I'd defo return it to the dealer.

Edited by Guest

Agree with Scot5, My Karoq has been parked over this winter for weeks on end but there is no sign of bad condensation and nothing that does not clear within a few miles of driving. I would definitely book it in for checking.

We had a bit of an issue with misting up, then it all freezing when it was nippy.  We were in and out of the car almost daily with wet boots and often leaving snow in there.  Once melted I used a squeegee to clear the moisture but made sure I got the water out of the car.  Also when the car was warmed up got the car really hot inside then opened the windows a little all round to vent the moist air.  Worked a treat.  We were bringing a lot of moisture into the car and it was eventually condensing on the windows.

As a slight aside, the rubber mats are great for getting rid of refrozen snow melt from our boots, just take out and shake out the ice.  :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

I would have the dealershi[p check this out thoroughly as it is nonsence that people say it because its been sitting around and getting damp. I had the same problem with mine and could not find any water inside the car, but the dealership took the carpets out and found that the underlay/insulation was very wet. Six weeks later they found the leak as the seal had gone on the windscreen. When it rained heavily it would pour in behind the front scuttle, out of view with all the carpets in. They replaced all my carpets and insulation, headlining and several bits of trim. The car seems akoy now but we havent had heavy rain since so I'm just crossing my fingers. I think you will find this is getting to be a common fault on the Karoq.

• Like 1