Storage Box under parcel shelf

Hi @Noms- I do have one and it is really useful.

I store a lot of my every-day carry (EDC) kit in there like car first aid kit, tow rope, detailing cloths / bird poo wipes etc, and a few other non-specific items. I tend to carry a fair bit in the side compartments (shown in your picture), including spare oil & coolant as well as Autoglym car stuff in it's little bag on the right hand side. I don't have a garage, so what I can store in the car stays in the car!

My only 2 gripes were a) the price (agreed, £64 is steep...), and b) the fact that - on my installation at least - it didn't seem fully secure. The kit comes with some additional pins / fixings which you need to put in place to create spring tension which keeps it in place.

Regarding point b), I - stupidly - ordered it and got it delivered right before I had to leave for holiday last year, so fitted it in a rush and didn't fix those additional parts in. I've since man-bodged it using duct tape on each of the ridges that slot in either side of the boot, and secured it with bungie hooks linked to the in-boot fixing points. Whilst that sounds horrific, it doesn't look bad but more importantly it does the job (and doesn't slide around at all).

I'd only really go for it if it's definitely going to be used more than just a 'Nice-to-Have', otherwise fit in a boot net and/or use a secured crate in one corner to do the same job.

I also have one, it's great but it's a rip off full price. I managed to find a used one in mint condition on eBay for £30.

I use mine to store the small stuff, so disposable gloves, bungees etc - it's very useful for that. Also fits a litre of oil.

You can change the position of the dividers to fit large or small stuff.

1 hour ago, FrankNicklin said:

Currently £75.00 on that link, what a rip off.

It was £65 yesterday!

(maybe they're watching this forum, hoping for a sale..)

It can only hold a combined weight of 7kg or less. So yeah, no heavy stuff on that and I don't suggest you go for it if you have plenty of stuff in the boot cos you would just have more stuff!!! Time to declutter! 

• 3 weeks later...

So, I called my local Skoda dealer parts department on Monday as I had to pick up a couple of things, and I enquired about the cost of this storage shelf (the actually call it a 'storage bag/ multifunction box').

It was £65.

"I'll treat myself!" I thought, and ordered it.

Picked it up today, and it is really useful. The compartments are deeper than I expected and are a good size.

I must admit, the instructions are useless, they describe something, that IMO cannot be done, at least not on my model. However the shelf sits secure, is hidden under the parcel shelf and great for storage.

Overall, I am very pleased.

Multifunction Box shelf.jpg

• 2 years later...

Old thread I know and if you want one of these trays, I could only get one from the Czech Republic (and it was pricey)

Anyway, I don't like being beaten and I figured out how to fit the spring clips supplied. 

To remove the side supports first off you have to remove the small panel directly above it, lift the boot seal and you will be able to lever it off with a screwdriver (other leverage tools are available 😀) it's only held on with a couple of clips and some locating tabs at the bottom. 

With the panel out of the way you should be able to see a Torx screw, remove that with a T20 torx bit. The rest of the panel is held on with a couple of spring clips, one at the end nearest the hatch and one inset at the furthest point inwards and it clips to the inside of the C pillar. 

You will need to gently pull away the top of the plastic panels next to the rear seat as the shelf support is tucked behind it, with this moved slightly out of the way the side support should now be free to wiggle/lever free however you will still have the release cable attach and the seat belt running through the panel. There's no need to try and remove either of these, just gain your self a bit of slack on the seat belt and you can tip the panel ove enough to insert the parts for the shelf.

The little silver piece of metal just pushes straight into place but with the spring clip, pay attention to the picture in their diagram supplied, it needs to be the right way round. It will drop loosely in the space and you need to then apply upward pressure to push the flat plastic piece up and over the surface it was sitting on.

I hope this makes sense if anybody is still looking to do it, I've added a few pictures which will hopefully give a bit more clarity.20230711_140423.thumb.jpg.fb164c0d5098b5438302afef073ce300.jpg20230711_140509.thumb.jpg.2ebf29b22293e18f305c834cc3808502.jpg20230711_140525.thumb.jpg.c51939f3baffa2caa89baca5b449c0cd.jpg

Edited by Zymurgy
  • Like 1

I personally found it easier to just wrap the ends of the shelf in duct/gaffer tape and it slots into place just fine, as suggested by someone else on the forums. Seems to work just as well.

• Like 1