Available coding/adaptation mods

Browsing how to enable rear DRL lights on Octavia Mk IV I found this Slovenian car tuner claiming that he can code following options:

• car alarm activation - Car alarm uses normal horn and functions via door, hood and trunk switches and does not use interior motion sensors and tilt sensor, since they are not installed
  • activation of additional VRS view
  • rear LED DRL lights activation - Factory configuration doesn’t allow rear parking lights to function as day-time-running (DRL) lights. This can be a big problems for vehicles that are not equipped with rain-light sensor, since rear parking lights are not turned on in dark places (for example, tunnels; etc), if the driver forgets to manually turn them on. Also on vehicles with rain-light sensor in some specific conditions sensor does not turn on low beams on time, for example in fog during daytime. With activation of rear parking lights as DRL lights this safety threat is avoided.
  • cornering lights activation - Cornering lights are especially useful in twisted narrow roads or city streets because they illuminate space in front of the car that headlights do not reach. Cornering lights function is active only with dipped beam active and will not work with day time running lights on.
  • memory function activation for Lane Assist- From factory Lane Assist is always activated when starting the car.
    After activation of memory function for Lane Assist system, Lane Assist will automatically activate if it was activated, when the car was turned off. If Lane Assist was not activated when turning off the car, it will stay deactivated with the next start.
    Additional option is that Lane Assist is always deactivated when starting the car.
  • automatic Light Assist activation  - From factory Light Assist is always disabled when starting the car. After activation of memory function for Light Assist, Light Assist will automatically activate if it was activated when turning off the car. If Light Assist was not activated when turning of the car, it will stay deactivated with next start.
  • engine power display activation - activation of current engine power display gives us an exact information how much power our engine currently develops
  • mirror folding modus change - From factory mirrors fold with every locking of the car. This can be changed so that mirrors will fold only with a long press of the locking button on remote controller or via long press on the door handle button for a car with Kessy system.
  • lock/unlock beep confirmation activation
  • fog lights on with reverse gear - automatic activation of front fog lights with reverse gear, which ensures good visibility on the front of the car, when parking in small places.
  • driving school mode activation - auto school mode activation: added display shows current speed and turn signal. It is intended for driving schools, but it is very useful also if you have a young driver, so you can check the speed on central screen instead of on instrument cluster.
  • sound deactivation for trunk opening/closing - From factory warning sound is active when opening/closing the trunk from remote or button inside the car. The sound can be deactivated, but the driver MUST check that there is noone near the trunk, so that he/she does not get injured.
  • temperature display activation - activation of automatic transmission oil, engine oil and coolant temperature display gives provides exact information of different temperatures in our car and offers easier control and overview of the state of the car
  • engine torque display activation - activation of engine torque display gives us an exact information how much torque our engine currently develops

Here is the youtube playlist with all the features listed above:

• Love it! 1

So today was finally the day.
What was changed:
- memory function for lane assist enabled
- option to beep on lock/unlock enabled with the menu in the car settings
- DRL back lights turned on
- alarm enabled (when opening the doors from inside when car is locked)
- engine start/stop button heart beat blink enabled 
- steering wheel angle display enabled

47 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Please share the price if you can and share a short video of (start/stop button blink and steering wheel angle display)

9 minutes ago, omadon said:

Please share the price if you can and share a short video of (start/stop button blink and steering wheel angle display)

For the price would be best if you can contact him directly.

I'll shot the video on my next drive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

For the price would be best if you can contact him directly.

I'll shot the video on my next drive.

I hope you're on commission. He might get a few customers now. What did you need at your end?

15 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

What was changed:
- memory function for lane assist enabled
- option to beep on lock/unlock enabled with the menu in the car settings
- DRL back lights turned on
- alarm enabled (when opening the doors from inside when car is locked)
- engine start/stop button heart beat blink enabled 
- steering wheel angle display enabled

Must correct myself here. 

"Engine start/stop button heart beat blink enabled" was done on 2019 Kodiaq and not on my Octavia. We did 3 cars at the same time so I mixed up a bit.

3 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

Must correct myself here. 

"Engine start/stop button heart beat blink enabled" was done on 2019 Kodiaq and not on my Octavia. We did 3 cars at the same time so I mixed up a bit.

To be honest, and in my opinion only 😬, I think that mod is a bit of a waste due to the positioning of the actual button.  They look good when positioned in the centre console, but stuck away under the steering column?? Not so much. 

On 17/03/2021 at 17:19, TheUltraRunner said:

:biggrin: No, no commission unfortunately.

What do you mean by "What did you need at your end?"?

How does he access your cars module? Do you need vcds? Or just a laptop?

2 minutes ago, Jmagee said:

How does he access your cars module? Do you need vcds? Or just a laptop?

This was not done remotely. We are both from Slovenia and Slovenia being so small there is no need to do it remotely. :biggrin:

• Like 1

It's not confirmed that they don't. General opinion is they shouldn't since no actual coding was done. No modules were changed or anything similar. Only factory available settings were changed. Also nobody that has had these changes (his customers) has ever had any issues when claiming warranty. 

But as all things around warranty I guess this depends case by case.

• Confused 1

• 2 months later...

Anybody know if these codings are done using VCDS or VCP? I understand SFD will need to be unlocked first, i got some friends working at my local skoda dealer who could unlock SFD for me.

Would it be possible to buy these codings remotely or even as guides?