Available coding/adaptation mods

13 hours ago, SiWaiting said:

Thanks but I already got Lane assist. I was looking for the view modes in instrument and alarm chirp with lock.

• 2 months later...

Just for those who could not be familiar, those screenshots are coming from VCTool, SFD section.

In my case, it's not urgent at all, I can survive without it, but at some point I would be interested in enabling the traffic sign recognition. I have all the hardware needed, the vehicle is equipped with the lane assist camera. I have already tested modules and I can access all except the 5F ... well, assuming that the coding and adaptations steps are the same that the ones for enabling it on the mk3 ... but I am not quite sure of that. 

And with time, I would need coding for the 360 view retrofit, but I think we are quite far for that, in terms of coding and in terms of hardware as well.

9 hours ago, Amarton said:

I am looking for Instrument cluster VCDS admap for Octavia 4 vRS.

Who has and share it?

When you say admap you mean adaptation map?

Tried coding with VCTool using cheap $3 adpater LM327 V1.5 and it worked great:

• Bought 3 SFD tokens for 28€ + tax, try entering address not in EU maybe it will not charge you additional 21% tax
  • For test I unlocked only module 9
  • You will need Internet connection during coding
  • SFD token is not real time, it is near real time. You will receive email updated about queuing your request and you will receive an email when token is generated. It is very fast 1-2min max. Don't panic and try to unlock the module, you will receive CRC error.
  • After you unlock a specific module you can run all adaptions for that module
  • Modules stay unlocked for about 90min, during that time you can use other coding software like VCDS or OBDeleven
  • I used VCDS trying to enable cornering lights with fog lights without success because I don't know which channel to use. Golf 7 and Octavia mk3 channels didn't work. I also tried lowering right mirror when in reverese but I don't have memory seats and this feature is not working correctly.
  • All other adaptations are free in VCTool for module 9. My priority were "rear DRL lights" and "enable/disabe DRL in menus". I also enabled other available options for module 9.
  • I have two tokens left, next I will code Dashboard to show gearbox temp and other stuff but I'm waiting for VCDS firmware update for 21.9 version so I can check what else can be modified.
  • This bundle of 3 tokens can be used on different VINs, if you have three cars this can be useful
  • Maybe competition will force lower prices for SFD tokens soon, If you are not in a hurry wait and see

• Like 2
  • Love it! 1
  • Thanks 1

Dear Santa 🎅

I've waited patiently for my new Octavia mk4 and I've been a good boy all year. I hope you will bring me these "coding/adaptation mods" for christmas (in the following order of priority):

1. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), default setting = distance 0. Since the shortest predefined distance that can be chosen for the ACC is not short enough maybe there is a possibility to code this distance to zero

2. Driving mode, default setting = Individual

3. Lane Assist, default setting = Off

4. STOP/START, default setting = Off

Sincerely

Si 👼

PS. Say Hi to 🤶 DS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. I doubt it can be set to 0. If it can be, it's a big safety issue with potentially catastrophic results. 
2. Would be nice if this would be possible
3. It can already be done
4. Most probably this will be never possible. Since the dieselgate VAG made sure start/stop system behavior can't be changed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheUltraRunner said:

1. I doubt it can be set to 0. If it can be, it's a big safety issue with potentially catastrophic results.

@TheUltraRunner

Setting it to zero takes the Adaptive out of ACC and turns it into a regular Cruise Control. What's "catastrophic" about that? "Catastrophic" is not paying attention while driving and relying on these  automated functions to save you while you're watching a movie on the infotainment screen. 

3. It can already be done

I know.

4. Most probably this will be never possible. Since the dieselgate VAG made sure start/stop system behavior can't be changed. 

I've read somewhere that this already can be done.

7 minutes ago, SiWaiting said:

@TheUltraRunner

Setting it to zero takes the Adaptive out of ACC and turns it into a regular Cruise Control. What's "catastrophic" about that? "Catastrophic" is not paying attention while driving and relying on these  automated functions to save you while you're watching a movie on the infotainment screen. 

I know.

I've read somewhere that this already can be done.

I was just talking about the possible settings for the ACC. If setting distance to 0 is possible with the coding, then this is a bad code design.
But I agree with you about paying attention while driving. I only use ACC from time to time and and I don't watch any movies while driving.

4. please share any links. I would be very interested. Since beside detaching a Start/Stop system power cable from your battery, I didn't find any other solution to be available for VAG cars build after early months in 2019. 

45 minutes ago, DutchVRS said:

Wondering who already got deactivated start stop?

Yesterday we managed to through vcds and with a token to get lane assist on last setting.

You didn't need SFD token for this setting, that module is unlocked together with climate control module.

• 2 weeks later...

I do confirm for lane assist, SFD token is not needed. Module A5 is not locked, so coding, long coding helper, bit 6 or 7, now I do not remember by heart, and configuration for lane departure warning k115 to be set to last setting and you are done.

6 minutes ago, Mario_Delgado said:

I do confirm for lane assist, SFD token is not needed. Module A5 is not locked, so coding, long coding helper, bit 6 or 7, now I do not remember by heart, and configuration for lane departure warning k115 to be set to last setting and you are done.

yess thanks!

Do you also know how to turn of start/stop?

No clue about start/stop, but considering that methods used in previous versions are not working and we don't have a dedicated start/stop button to be able to plug a start/stop eliminator harness ... a priori seems to be complex to remove.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...