Delivery Delays

Does anyone have a Superb on order who can give me an indication of delivery delays due to Covid.

I have a Superb Estate on order and was given a build date of week 12 (22 March) but it has still not completed production.

Anyone else in the same situation?

My planned build date was the last week of February (ordered in late November), but actually got built a week early and I took delivery in the last week of March (L&K 190 2 litre petrol which might make a difference).

Paid the deposit on 8th March.

Confirmation from Skoda UK that the order was received on 30th March.

Estimated delivery 6th June.

Not holding my breath!

Edited by Cardog

20 hours ago, EC73LDN said:

My planned build date was the last week of February (ordered in late November), but actually got built a week early and I took delivery in the last week of March (L&K 190 2 litre petrol which might make a difference).

That looks pretty speedy. Mine is also a 190 2 litre petrol but an SE-L version.

Hope you are pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SurreyJohn said:

Screenshot_20210429-182736_Samsung Internet.jpg

měsíců is months in Czech

7-8 months wait for superb now (probably 8-9 months allowing for shipping to UK dealer), so new orders might be December or January 2022

Mine was due for production week beginning 22 March but is stuck awaiting parts.

Skoda say they hope the problems will be resolved by the end of May but there is no guarantee.

At the beginning of this week 134 vehicles were similarly stuck.

VAG were in the news last week saying the worst was yet to come with the chip shortage. Apparently they're building what they can based on the components that arrive so it's safe to say anything high spec will be pushed back. 

Peugeot have omitted the virtual cockpit from the 308 and all models are being built with analogue dials on the final run.

Looking at the lead times above you can assume the shorter lead vehicles have a higher margin, perhaps?

Edited by Patent

Just taken delivery of my iV estate. Admittedly it was an inflight order for the dealers so I did not place the original order. It was due at the dealership in early April but took delivery on Friday. It spent 4 weeks at the docks waiting to be shipped. Anyhow it was worth the wait I'm very pleased with it.

• 1 month later...

Just to say that anyone contemplating a factory order could be in for a long wait.

my Superb  was built in March but since that time it has been sitting at the Skoda factory waiting for parts.

Skoda have no idea when it might get completed!

yea, you dont see many 21 plate cars on the road or at dealers,  and 2nd hand car prices are at an all time high, some 2nd hand car prices have risen 2-3 grand in the last month or so.  it's a good time to sell if you have  2 cars and can sit & wait for the inevitable crash  :biggrin:

the strange thing is,  you can still get 23% off the list price of a new superb, l wonder how long that will last  :sadsmile:

• Like 1

Don't know if this helps but I ordered the superb IV estate SE Technology just after Xmas with a few extras ( rear blinds, 18" alloys, elec boot,rear camera,lane assist,front camera, usb in mirror,heated wheel+screen+nozzels and my delivery date is mon 21st June....so pretty much 6 months. The car was in country about 4 weeks before that though but had to wait for lease to run out on current vehicle until I can take delivery of new car.

23 hours ago, Skoopski said:

Don't know if this helps but I ordered the superb IV estate SE Technology just after Xmas with a few extras ( rear blinds, 18" alloys, elec boot,rear camera,lane assist,front camera, usb in mirror,heated wheel+screen+nozzels and my delivery date is mon 21st June....so pretty much 6 months. The car was in country about 4 weeks before that though but had to wait for lease to run out on current vehicle until I can take delivery of new car.

Strangely mine was only ordered in February but it was built very quickly at the end of March.

Since then it has been waiting for a part which Skoda now tell me is related to the battery, I suspect it is a chip.

Mine is not a IV version, just an ordinary 2.0TSi 190 SE L.

Some cars have been built, but are missing parts.

Skoda have leased space at Hradec Kralove Airport and are trucking vehicles there for storage

https://www.newsy-today.com/skoda-stores-unfinished-cars-at-hradec-kralove-airport-chips-are-missing/

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Patent said:

Very interesting. I look forward to a lifetime of annoying rattles when it arrives!

i'd be more concerned that VAG / skoda might start sourcing inferior chips from china. 

they'll be desperate to get cars moving to free up space and bring in the £££, so maybe  likely to buy from anyone who can supply

• Sad 1
  • Groan 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mine was ordered 5 February, built in March but then disappeared, probably to the airfield. Good news is that it is now in Emden prior to crossing the North Sea. 

My iV estate SE L ordered 5 May for build week 23 (starting 7 Jun). Dealer called last week to say that car is at stage 7 of 8 stages but can't be finished yet because of unspecified component shortage. 

Might get new Sep reg at this rate! 

10 hours ago, Jerry57 said:

My iV estate SE L ordered 5 May for build week 23 (starting 7 Jun). Dealer called last week to say that car is at stage 7 of 8 stages but can't be finished yet because of unspecified component shortage. 

Might get new Sep reg at this rate! 

Yes this is exactly the stage mine got stuck at.