Px.value

Cogra

Thought about changing our yeti looked on wbac.website value of our yeti 2015 1.2 tsi.with low mileage £8000.3 weeks later was emailed by wbac and given an increased value of £8500.It makes a change to have a car that appreciates in value.What bets if I went along to my local wbac depot I would get no where near price qouted.

The moment they inspect the car the offer will drop like a stone:  every tiny imperfection will assume massive proportions,  and you will be told how undesirable your car is!

Last year I bought a 2017 2.0D 4x4 L&K with 16k miles from Rainworth Skoda for £15995

Today the have a 2017 2.0D 4x4 L&K with 16k miles for £17345

So a year on and an increase of £1350.

But to be fair the entire used market has lifted due to the lack of new cars being sold during 2020 and Covid. And the small SUV sector is the most popular.

29 minutes ago, Cogra said:

Thought about changing our yeti looked on wbac.website value of our yeti 2015 1.2 tsi.with low mileage £8000.3 weeks later was emailed by wbac and given an increased value of £8500.It makes a change to have a car that appreciates in value.What bets if I went along to my local wbac depot I would get no where near price qouted.

I wont take your bet, & I am guessing that you were being ironic in saying that your car has appreciated in value, you probbaly appreciate that its an automated e-mail that gets sent out to everyone that does not respond to the first offer.

They are still contacting me a year later.

I started putting my Yeti on WBAC last year as pr-covid I had every intention of selling. I think the highest I was offered was £11.5k. Started putting it on again this year and the first "offer" was £10.5k, but the latest one they have increased to £11.25??...problem is I still can't decide what to replace it with! (Had a mate come around the other day with a T Cross and I think I may add one to my "wish list"...)

1 hour ago, Stubod said:

I started putting my Yeti on WBAC last year as pr-covid I had every intention of selling. I think the highest I was offered was £11.5k. Started putting it on again this year and the first "offer" was £10.5k, but the latest one they have increased to £11.25??...problem is I still can't decide what to replace it with! (Had a mate come around the other day with a T Cross and I think I may add one to my "wish list"...)

T -Cross is closest you are likely to get to a direct replacement for the Yeti. Honda's new HR-V looks like another contender but is a bit bigger. Left field possibility I am looking at is new Honda Crosstar, slightly smaller outside but big inside. Hybrid drive system as well.

Edited by Expatman
  • Like 2

..just had another updated valuation from WBAC and it has gone up again to £11,750...that's the best part of £1k increase in about 3 weeks...?!

...by the end of the year I will be able to swap for a brand new car...   ;)  ..

• 2 weeks later...

You'll get nowhere near the price WBAC say you'll get.

I got rid of my Yeti through WBAC, was totally honest about history, condition etc but when you turn up, as Zarniwoop says, they'll spot every tiny imperfection and use it to knock the price down. A lot.

..this is getting silly, another week and another increase in value from WBAC...a couple of months ago it was about £10.5k, today they are suggesting £12.25k!? (OK I know I wouldn't get that), but it still seems a bit bizarre that their valuation has gone up by the best part of £1k per month?

If I could find something to replace it with I could be tempted!

Why not make an appointment and go get your Yeti inspected for a sale to WBAC?   If your car is presented as a used car is when ready for sale on a used car forecourt then the person can not knock the offer price down for knocks and chips. 

The reply to minor chips on a used car is simple - if you want an unmarked car buy a new one! Virtually all cars over a month or so old will have minor chips just by being driven over our roads, it is totally unrealistic to expect a 3-4 year old car to not have minor chips and WBAC are being dishonest if they start knocking their offer price down because of them. It is sharp practice to make “come on” quotes and then not honour those quotes unless there is something major not declared by the owner.

Actually Traders / Buyers buy cars at Auction and then can pay for them to go for a refurb ready to go straight for sales at their business.

That is Used cars ready for sale to the public.

That is cars just like WBAC buy and then get refurbished & then go through Car Super Markets.

There are people that drive their cars & keep their vehicles in that condition. 

BCA lend money to Traders / Businesses to buy their cars for stock at the auction and then provide the refinishing / refurb service for a fee to those wanting the cars delivered to them looking like new.

6 years ago.

(in 2019 BCA changed ownership.)

Screenshot 2021-05-22 at 11.43.34.jpg

Edited by e-Roottoot

2 hours ago, e-Roottoot said:

There are people that drive their cars & keep their vehicles in that condition. 

Yes me.

4 years old. Not a chip, scuff, scratch or ding.

I do know these guys on first name terms though.

https://www.paintchiptechniques.co.uk/

Edited by logiclee
  • Like 1

Can anyone please help I have advertised my 2011 2.0 110ps fwd yeti elegance on gumtree and then failed to sell on ebay. Its only done 68k (mostly long distances) but just not getting any Intrest even at £5500. Has few age related marks but mostly been garage stored. What do you feel its worth (getting a 2015 150ps 4x4 with a dsg next week with 11k for £9,000 (private sale) again been garage stored from new just needs a cambelt and add a towbar). I don't need 3 cars. 

7 hours ago, Llanigraham said:

How much does WBAC offer you?

They were offering 4750 but I have seen dealer forcort prices over 6K. Probably me being over ambitious as previous cheaper cars I have always managed sell alot higher than WBAC.  

Main dealer prices £2000 higher than they were 12 months ago for the last Yetis with low mileage.

image.thumb.png.f31d683499dca96856d35a8f9092c318.png

Edited by logiclee

2 hours ago, Stubod said:

..wow!!..thats more than I paid for mine which was only 2 years old t the time with 7k miles!

I paid £16k 12 months ago for 3 year old 2.0TDi L&K DSG with 15k miles.  

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Stubod said:

..just checked and it's gone up again this week!?....now £12.5k......(started the year at around £10.3k)....

Yeah, just to get you there ... then they will find that a fly once had its behind go through its head as it hit your windscreen, and voila .... £5k reduction.

:blush:

Edited by TruckbusUK
spelling

• 1 month later...

..wow, that's crazy...my last WBAC was up again and now stands at £12,750, ie £2k+ on this time last year, but again I assume the car I would replace it with will also have gone up, so not really any "gain"...