Constant creaking and rattling from Boot

On 16/12/2021 at 12:22, Alex10 said:

I had a very consistent knock also from the back of the boot, very annoying. However, during my annual car service, I complained to the dealer and they replaced the “dampeners” with new ones (free of charge) stating that they are making replacements on almost every vehicle due to the number of complaints. The new ones are quite elastic, with “spring” offering very quiet driving. Almost like a different car now.

Hello. Can you take a photo to show us the new ones ?

• 2 weeks later...

Car went in for her first service. Dealer agreed that the amount of rattling from the back /boot area was excessive and agreed to order replacement boot dampeners. Arrived today and I fitted them however they're the exact same part number. Haven't road tested as yet but does anyone know what the most recent part no for these are as I know its a recognised problem
 Thanks

• 4 months later...

New Recall to this problems..

55L7
Commencement Date 06/06/2022
Service Campaign/Recall Description W-Rear boot lid wedge buffer
Edited by Supe
  • Like 1

On 26/08/2021 at 20:14, Jack_Dangerous said:

I got a rattle on the drivers door as well and it stops when i press on the leather part even slightly, in my case it isn't the umbrella because SKODA in all its wisdom shipped Octavias to Portugal with a freakin' snow brush instead so i just drive around with the compartment empty.

That was actually a short production year to have the brush. They had the brush in Finland also on MY21 cars. MY22 and later will have the umbrella again.

1 hour ago, Supe said:

55L7

Fantastic, the boot on my car recently started making a lot of noise recently.

• 1 year later...
On 07/06/2022 at 07:58, Supe said:

55L7

Thank you for this information. Gave me the confidence to ring Skoda and ask about it. They confirmed my car had not had the recall work done. Subsequently replaced the boot dampers under warranty and the rattle has gone. As someone else said, it's like I have a new car!