Cruise control won’t turn on

I've had this and I'm sorry to say but it was a dealer visit to fix. They had to reload some software.

In my case it worked fine initially but they'd left the transport blocks in the suspension on delivery. When it went in to have the transport blocks removed they said that it had missed three software campaigns that should have been loaded during its PDI. I'd only just got back home from the dealers when I realised that I could no longer select cruise control exactly like your video shows. I could set the other menu items, just not cruise. Back yet again to the dealers to reload whatever software it needed.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Tbenn said:

@Bouncypetewas the software fix something the dealer could do rapidly or takes time? 

So many visits in such a short time frame but If I recall correctly this issue was the only one where I didn't need to leave it with them overnight and I waited about an hour and a half for the reload.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tbenn said:

Thanks all for your help. Yes switch A is on. 

Have you tried pushing button D on the bottom of the stalk?

3 hours ago, Tbenn said:

When I test drove the car before buying I tested the cruise control and worked well! Weird. 

I guess it would be best if you visit your dealer so they can check if it's enabled or not.

I had EXACTLY the same issue with my car.

Both the speed limiter AND cruise control worked. The car wasn't equiped with the stalk. You selected either CC or SL via the steering wheel as per the video.

The all of a sudden I could highlight and select any of the menu items except CC. They had to reload some software to fix it.

On 19/06/2021 at 00:12, Bouncypete said:

I've had this and I'm sorry to say but it was a dealer visit to fix. They had to reload some software.

In my case it worked fine initially but they'd left the transport blocks in the suspension on delivery. When it went in to have the transport blocks removed they said that it had missed three software campaigns that should have been loaded during its PDI. I'd only just got back home from the dealers when I realised that I could no longer select cruise control exactly like your video shows. I could set the other menu items, just not cruise. Back yet again to the dealers to reload whatever software it needed.

I would be making them do full PDI again, what else did they not bother with : tyre pressures, torque the wheel bolts, fluid level checks etc

• Like 1