7 speed Automatic

There are a good few that might be reading in the Octavia section.  ? Do you have one or are you looking at getting one?   PS. Edit I see you have a MK3 from your other post on power drops. 

Edited by e-Roottoot

24 minutes ago, Geordieskoda said:

Hi there’s no problem with box just wondering what people thought of them

Aren't you meant to ask this *before* you buy one? :)

Anyway: ok. I like the economy mode that lets you lift of and cruise. The Sports mode doesn't hang on to gears as long as I would, but it's only 500rpm or so off red-lining when you plant your foot. It doesn't play nicely with auto-stop in that it can cut the engine just as you are about to pull away in a gap and you can find you are half way out of a junction waiting for the engine to re-start and the box to select 1st. The fix for that is to disable autostop as you approach a roundabout or junction where you might want a fast exit.

The biggest issue is learning to drive it as it anticipates what gear you want. If you have been gently accelerating and its in 6th, it will assume you want 7th and have it lined up, but you approach a hill or accelerate harder and it realises that actually you need 5th  or 4th and it can feel like an eternity for it to get it.

But generally its great and easy to drive and other than wanting quicker gear selections, I wouldn't go back to a manual.

Nick

57 minutes ago, Geordieskoda said:

Hi there’s no problem with box just wondering what people thought of them

Not in a 1.6, but we’ve got the same DSG in our 1.8 Polo. It’s been spot on in the four years we’ve had it so far :thumbup:

Gaz

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Not in a 1.6, but we’ve got the same DSG in our 1.8 Polo. It’s been spot on in the four years we’ve had it so far :thumbup:

Gaz

Pleased to hear it’s been problem free

4 minutes ago, ords said:

Mines been faultless.

Good to hear

• Thanks 1

Had my 1.4 tsi since March, and love the DSG box.  Best auto I’ve had, apart from maybe a Lexus hybrid, but that had a lecky motor/drive so was inherently smooth.

1 hour ago, GreenMachine1.6 said:

Had mine for 1 1/2 years. Combined with ACC its so much easier on long boring motorway journeys. I agree with comment on autostop above, my routine is engine start/autostop off. I would not go back to a manual. Copes well towing a caravan.  

ACC is the best invention ever! If I could only choose ACC or automatic, I'd choose ACC but together they are great!