July 2021 Octavia Brochure

I see an updated Octavia Brochure has been made available on the Skoda UK website dated July 21. Confirms a few spec changes that have been discussed here before and some which I haven't seen mentioned.

Reduced colour choice... Corrida Red, Titan Blue and Meteor Grey gone. Hyper green added.

Electrically operated boot removed as an option for models that don't have it as standard and VRS gets virtual pedal as standard.

Changes to wheels that come as standard on some models (but don't think there are any new wheel designs).

Probably a few other things I haven't noticed... Time to play spot the difference from the old brochure!

• Like 1

Couldn't tell you the price but it was a paid option on the first editions. 

The "sleep pack" option being estate only seems odd, the different rear headrests surely wouldn't be limited by the hatch roof and would be more than welcome when I've got the nephews in the car!

As usual, there's contradictory information from different Skoda sources. Having to change my VRS order from Meteor Grey...

- 2 dealerships say that the new standard (free) colour is brilliant silver.

- Latest brochure says hyper green is free with the other metallics a cost option.

- Skoda UK configurator says all metallics are free on the VRS.

Just seems like guesswork all round!

8 hours ago, Dave2912 said:

As usual, there's contradictory information from different Skoda sources. Having to change my VRS order from Meteor Grey...

- 2 dealerships say that the new standard (free) colour is brilliant silver.

- Latest brochure says hyper green is free with the other metallics a cost option.

- Skoda UK configurator says all metallics are free on the VRS.

Just seems like guesswork all round!

You have mis-read the brochure, on the vRS spec there is a solid circle against the metallic, so is included as standard (it is charged on SE and SEL spec), it is also why the premium velvet red is only £380 on vRS spec 

There are now 9 colours, but energy blue and petrol blue not available on vRS

Hyper green is vRS only, so vRS has choice of 7 colours, SE and SEL get choice of 8 colours.

Both dealers got it wrong, on vRS all the metallic colours are free, not just silver.  Clearly staff training and product familiarisation is weak in the dealers you chose

Edited by SurreyJohn

Debating whether to change my vRS order now...

Silver was the free colour when I ordered a couple of weeks ago but I'd prefer the grey or black I think.

Quite like the green but don't think the other half would approve!

2 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

You have mis-read the brochure, on the vRS spec there is a solid circle against the metallic, so is included as standard (it is charged on SE and SEL spec), it is also why the premium velvet red is only £380 on vRS spec 

There are now 9 colours, but energy blue and petrol blue not available on vRS

Hyper green is vRS only, so vRS has choice of 7 colours, SE and SEL get choice of 8 colours.

Both dealers got it wrong, on vRS all the metallic colours are free, not just silver.  Clearly staff training and product familiarisation is weak in the dealers you chose

You are quite right, so thanks for correcting me! I opted for silver as I was told it was the FoC colour but I'll have to reassess my options (after educating the supplying dealer). 

I would even consider velvet red for £380 if it was nice but haven't seen it in person. It looks like a solid red in images/videos. Can anyone comment on it?

Well informed dealers seem hard to come by and it's especially difficult when there's a middle-man (leasing broker).

This metallic thing has got me beat. Here in Australia the car I got, which I ordered before one in that colour was available to inspect, is a "metallic" Moon White.

Now that I have it, and while I quite like the colour, there is nothing noticeably metallic about it. It just looks like any other pure white. No little flakes that reflect light from various angles. Nothing that seems to justify it being an extra $500 or so.

These are the set of colours  we can get for our RS models: 6 metallic and one plain.

Screenshot 2021-07-02 195722.png

Edited by DaveFromSydney
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

You think Mamba Green and Hyper Green are the same colors? According to statements Hyper Green is a metallic color. Versus Mamba Green being a solid color. 

According to the Grid on the document Hyper Green is on the Solid Colour row in the Special Colour column. Also taking a still from the mamba video and checking it's colour against the pantone check in the pdf gives a colour difference of less than 2%.

2 minutes ago, GiantKiwi said:

According to the Grid on the document Hyper Green is on the Solid Colour row in the Special Colour column. Also taking a still from the mamba video and checking it's colour against the pantone check in the pdf gives a colour difference of less than 2%.

You are right. Didn't thought of the grid. Thanks for pointing this out.

13 minutes ago, DaveFromSydney said:

This metallic thing has got me beat. Here in Australia the car I got, which I ordered before one in that colour was available to inspect, is a "metallic" Moon White.

Now that I have it, and while I quite like the colour, there is nothing noticeably metallic about it. It just looks like any other pure white. No little flakes that reflect light from various angles. Nothing that seems to justify it being an extra $500 or so.

These are the set of colours  we can get for our RS models: 6 metallic and one plain.

I would have also thought that all metallic paints have some sort of flakes/sprinkles mixed in the color which should be clearly visible. 

In one of the German brochures from beginning of this year, it also says "perleffekt" which should be clearly visible.
image.png.130450845c5e18d551854b2764085fbb.png

3 minutes ago, BA Baracus said:

I wonder if it is just a marketing/English language thing - mamba and hyper mean different things in different markets.

Probably is different local names

Petrol Blue in UK, is lava blue in many countries, but same colour 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I would have also thought that all metallic paints have some sort of flakes/sprinkles mixed in the color which should be clearly visible. 

In one of the German brochures from beginning of this year, it also says "perleffekt" which should be clearly visible.

I had a moon white Kodiaq and you could definitely tell it was a metallic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheUltraRunner said:

I would say my car looks more like the one on the left than the one on the right.

And I just checked my invoice and it was certainly called Moon White and the premium for the colour was $AUD 700.

Here is how it looked the day I picked it up.

PXL_20210529_045317668.jpg

Edited by DaveFromSydney
Typo
  • Like 1

I just included one above - with the red bow. Doesn't it show for you?

If it is Candy White that is doubly strange since the brochure lists that as an option for the regular models only - not for the RS.

Edited by DaveFromSydney
Added 2nd para

5 hours ago, Dave2912 said:

You are quite right, so thanks for correcting me! I opted for silver as I was told it was the FoC colour but I'll have to reassess my options (after educating the supplying dealer). 

I would even consider velvet red for £380 if it was nice but haven't seen it in person. It looks like a solid red in images/videos. Can anyone comment on it?

Well informed dealers seem hard to come by and it's especially difficult when there's a middle-man (leasing broker).

Normally i would never look at a silver car , too boring for me but i have seen the silver in the flesh in VRS guise and the colour makes it look near mirror silver. It looks much better than the pics

1 hour ago, DaveFromSydney said:

I just included one above - with the red bow. Doesn't it show for you?

If it is Candy White that is doubly strange since the brochure lists that as an option for the regular models only - not for the RS.

Yes, I see it. But unfortunately I can't tell if it's really a moon white or candy white.  :worried: Maybe some other members can help here. 

Maybe you can try to search for the paint code? Old models had the sticker somewhere in the boot. Not sure if the new ones also have it.

image.png.e589854ba3c2dcfbd7da6ff40de62983.png