Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?

25 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

You're starting to sound like a broken record. Unless you can provide tangible evidence that this is actually happening - in which case I'm sure we'd all love to know about it because it would be shady dealings indeed - please give it a rest.

I can't for one second imagine that someone's fleet/lease order has got as far as the dealer, and the dealer has instead decided to advertise it on Autotrader and sell it to someone else. But I could be wrong, it's a crazy world.

You are in denial buddy. Retail purchases take priority over lease - fact

1 hour ago, Spivo said:

You are in denial buddy. Retail purchases take priority over lease - fact

I'm not in denial, at all. I'm perfectly willing to accept that orders are prioritised for build in the factory in certain ways... but what you suggested is that someone bought someone else's fleet/lease order after it had been built and arrived at the dealer. That's a whole different ball game, and I'd suggest you have absolutely no evidence for this because it simply isn't true.

Edited by Yogi-Bear

I think Spivo is saying when a build slot comes up, retail purchases are prioritised over fleet/mobility therefore pretty much anyone not retail has been buggered and not made aware of this!

• Like 1

Meh. I need to put my glasses back on. I thought the reply was to the person saying they'd phoned a dealer wrt one they had and was picking it up on Saturday...

Apologies - old age and dodgy eyesight. If you need me, I'll be taking the 🦮 for a walk!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AlienAl said:

I think Spivo is saying when a build slot comes up, retail purchases are prioritised over fleet/mobility therefore pretty much anyone not retail has been buggered and not made aware of this!

Correct, sorry if it was not clear

Placed an order July 2022 for a black Sportline 1.5 DSG with Virtual Cockpit. 

Had no build week up to the middle of January and then they said they have put me on an unconfirmed build week of 8. 

Now had confirmation vehicle is built and is currently at port of exit.

This is a lease vehicle FYI. 

Meant to say July 2021, but couldn't figure out how to edit post!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Yogi-Bear said:

You're starting to sound like a broken record. Unless you can provide tangible evidence that this is actually happening - in which case I'm sure we'd all love to know about it because it would be shady dealings indeed - please give it a rest.

I can't for one second imagine that someone's fleet/lease order has got as far as the dealer, and the dealer has instead decided to advertise it on Autotrader and sell it to someone else. But I could be wrong, it's a crazy world.

Hey Yogi, I doubt they’d be that shady but when I worked at a dealership retail did take priority over lease for profit to the dealer but the builds didn’t seem to take a back step. 

We got a lease deal as a number but didn’t earn anything for it, it was dealt direct with VWFS. We just acted as a ordering and handover point. 

I highly doubt they’ve secretly ordered lease vehicles and then cancelled them for retail. I heard Skoda charge the dealer a tagging fee now if it’s too late from memory too. I could be wrong on that! 

On 10/03/2022 at 17:08, herbywan said:

WK 8 i was told

dealer phoned this week and now says car should be built now and on its way to Germany?? He will ring me next week for an update!!(dont know whats going on)

• Love it! 1

5 minutes ago, herbywan said:

dealer phoned this week and now says car should be built now and on its way to Germany?? He will ring me next week for an update!!(dont know whats going on)

Only a few weeks left in theory then!!? 

but should doesn’t sound 100%!? 

21 hours ago, manlykenick said:

Placed an order July 2022 for a black Sportline 1.5 DSG with Virtual Cockpit. 

Had no build week up to the middle of January and then they said they have put me on an unconfirmed build week of 8. 

Now had confirmation vehicle is built and is currently at port of exit.

This is a lease vehicle FYI. 

Meant to say July 2021, but couldn't figure out how to edit post!

Identical spec and colour to mine ordered 6 months earlier and I still don't have a build week, as I've said previously there isn't any sort of conspiracy it just seems that Skoda are totally incompetent.

• Like 1

On 17/03/2022 at 19:37, Leon-y-k said:

Only a few weeks left in theory then!!? 

but should doesn’t sound 100%!? 

i know having read previous posts im becoming sceptical about when it will arrive!

3 hours ago, herbywan said:

i know having read previous posts im becoming sceptical about when it will arrive!

I pick my new one up tomorrow, I received a photo from the dealer with it all covered up under a car cover! 

• Like 1
  • Love it! 1

12 minutes ago, Leon-y-k said:

Wahoo I picked mine up on Saturday! 💙🚙

7534A1B7-662B-43A6-91C1-D09797B0529D.jpeg

Looks mint. Love race blue. Every day I question whether I should have gone for that over black. But that’s what happens. And in the months of further waiting I will change my mind at least 30 more times.

When did you order?

• Love it! 1

29 minutes ago, Leon-y-k said:

7534A1B7-662B-43A6-91C1-D09797B0529D.jpeg

Love it, looks stunning. Personally think the wheels look much better without the aero covers too. Did your dealer provide the wheel centre caps and wheel nut covers or did you have to buy them?

• Love it! 1

7 hours ago, iwb100 said:

Looks mint. Love race blue. Every day I question whether I should have gone for that over black. But that’s what happens. And in the months of further waiting I will change my mind at least 30 more times.

When did you order?

Thank you!

I’ve had 2 black cars, I love black. I did place a factory order for a meteor grey one but the wait just kept being pushed back, I changed my mind and cancelled the order. 

I found this one which was advertised on auto trader, I was a little sceptical at first, no photos and in stock so I called them up. But it was in stock! 

it has a nice few options on this which were what I’d of ordered too… 

Pan roof

Canton

Traffic assist 

Crew assist

Family pack

Sleep Pack

Winter pack with heated steering wheel

Tow bar prep

3rd key

Electric front passenger seat 

I added 

Rear flaps

Ashtray pot for coins 

Sidesteps 

The DCC doesn’t feel as obvious as the pre facelift model, few things were deleted but it now has extra lights in front door bins, Skoda logo lights as you open the front  door, animated rear lights etc… so sacrificing the torch for this and that seem ok! I do love it though, I felt bad saying bye to the black one. 

Edited by Leon-y-k

7 hours ago, funsize said:

Love it, looks stunning. Personally think the wheels look much better without the aero covers too. Did your dealer provide the wheel centre caps and wheel nut covers or did you have to buy them?

Thanks! I wasn’t expecting Race Blue to look so vibrant. I asked the dealer to not fit them and supply centre caps they did it free of charge for me which was nice. 😊

They left the frisbees in the boot! 

Edited by Leon-y-k

9 hours ago, Leon-y-k said:

Very nice... still not sure about the sidesteps personally - but it does look good.

(ps. change your profile... that's not a BiTDI 😉)

2 minutes ago, Yogi-Bear said:

Very nice... still not sure about the sidesteps personally - but it does look good.

(ps. change your profile... that's not a BiTDI 😉)

😂 I didn’t even notice that haha! I’ll do that later! 

@Leon-y-k car looks great gotta be over the moon with that for sure! wheels look good. I like the running boards just cant afford or justify them sadly

• Love it! 1

10 hours ago, Leon-y-k said:

I added 

Rear flaps

Ashtray pot for coins 

Sidesteps 

Would you mind sharing a pic of the side steps with the door open? Looks great and not something I have considered for if/when I ever get my bear! thx and congratulations on getting yours.

8 minutes ago, Jason_VRS said:

Would you mind sharing a pic of the side steps with the door open? Looks great and not something I have considered for if/when I ever get my bear! thx and congratulations on getting yours.

Thank you! I’ve just uploaded the pics, hopefully it helps. 😊

51865BF7-FBCF-43ED-A19A-8D55AE1AF60D.jpeg

5013E112-6BB8-4926-98AD-90F385AA7016.jpeg

• Love it! 1