Build Times for new Karoq

janewalker55

I had digital cockpit in my peugeot,  but was to late to add to my karoq order.  However realised then that the i never changed the Peugeot in 2 years to show more than speedo and rpm so not sure i am going to miss it that much

• Like 1

I dithered about Virtual Cockpit, but the price was quite a lot as an option on the lease. I love my tech, but after watching a lot of the walkthrough vids of it, even i though it was a bit underwhelming. I'm excited about adaptive cruise though, I've wanted it on cars for years. 

I love the virtual cockpit and whilst I don’t use all the modes I regularly change through at least 3.

whennusing the satnav you can have a small display of map between dials or minimise dials to just the speed and gear indication and use whole space for the map. I have the map on central console at a small display to get an overview of my location and what is coming and at large scale on the dash at around the next 400m for junctions etc.

When not using maps I like the speedo and rev counter display and like the way it also indicates the speed limits on the speedo and what the cruise control is set to and whether it is on or not.

I never use the single large speedo dial option though.

I bought my car from display in the showroom and it had several extras included that many customers like including this electronic dash, heated windscreen, rear heated seats, and unfortunately unneeded towbar prep.

Hi,

I ordered a Karoq on May 20th, I do not live in UK, according to the contract the delivery term is 15 to 20 weeks from the order. I counted 15 weeks on Sep 2, no sign of the car, so the next term on the contract is on Oct 7.

We phone our dealer weekly to ask about the order status and he cannot give much information. Two weeks ago the status was Banking, which he translated as delivery in maximum 2 months, and this week the status is Delayed. and he does not know the difference. 

Does anyone know the difference between these statuses, Banking and Delayed, as we received no code, and if there is a solution to ask the status of an order? Skoda Australia has an online tool where one can check the status with the order number - but they say 6digit order number and we have a 7digit order number. Skoda UK has a live chat, but other European customers are not that lucky as they have to talk to the dealer only, and they don't know much about it.

Many thanks,

Oana

Oana, I think Banking is "in schedule for build' and Delayed speaks for itself, probably means no longer in the build schedule.  I too found out that the seven digit order number will not work on the Australian order tracker.

I contacted my dealer principal last evening and he said that cars are coming through in batches and said that last week he had 4 Fabias delivered and this week had 4 Kodiaqs but mine is still stuck at status 20.  He also said that at the UK port the storage area was like a ghost town and in normal times there wold be thousands of cars awaiting delivery to dealers but now as they come off the ship they are going straight out.

Ah, OK.  Got that completely wrong then and it looks like it's in the same position as my car - sat somewhere awaiting completion.  Obviously then Delayed is sitting awaiting chips.

1 hour ago, Lussac said:

Oana, I think Banking is "in schedule for build' and Delayed speaks for itself, probably means no longer in the build schedule.  I too found out that the seven digit order number will not work on the Australian order tracker.

I contacted my dealer principal last evening and he said that cars are coming through in batches and said that last week he had 4 Fabias delivered and this week had 4 Kodiaqs but mine is still stuck at status 20.  He also said that at the UK port the storage area was like a ghost town and in normal times there wold be thousands of cars awaiting delivery to dealers but now as they come off the ship they are going straight out.

I really do sympathise with all of you out there that are still waiting - so much so that I am reluctant to post my good news.... sort of rubbing salt in the wounds.. but......... (just cannot help myself).. my car was taken off the ship 'City of Oslo' this morning and I had been prepared to wait forever to get it from Port of Tyne all the way down to Falmouth in Cornwall (was always told it would be Sheerness?) but if the above is true about the storage areas at Ports being almost empty, then I may not have to wait too long..  Really hope you all have some good news soon. 

On 17/09/2021 at 20:04, RapidPaul said:

Latest update: my order has reverted to 'accepted by the factory' and I no longer have a provisional build date. I am now contemplating the cost of having to put the Octavia through an MOT, possibly its third service and, if this drags into next year, two new tyres.

Weekly update: there is no update. The status has not changed. Going by past lead-times I am assuming that, when a build week is finally re-allocated, it will be December or later by now. 

3 hours ago, janewalker55 said:

I really do sympathise with all of you out there that are still waiting - so much so that I am reluctant to post my good news.... sort of rubbing salt in the wounds.. but......... (just cannot help myself).. my car was taken off the ship 'City of Oslo' this morning and I had been prepared to wait forever to get it from Port of Tyne all the way down to Falmouth in Cornwall (was always told it would be Sheerness?) but if the above is true about the storage areas at Ports being almost empty, then I may not have to wait too long..  Really hope you all have some good news soon. 

No need to apologise, we will enjoy the anticipation of a new car vicariously! Be sure to post some pics when it finally arrives!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RapidPaul said:

Weekly update: there is no update. The status has not changed. Going by past lead-times I am assuming that, when a build week is finally re-allocated, it will be December or later by now. 

No need to apologise, we will enjoy the anticipation of a new car vicariously! Be sure to post some pics when it finally arrives!

that's very generous of you!! and yes, you will have photos a plenty!!!!  Just hope they can find enough petrol for the car carrier thing to get it all the way down here...!!!

Good news this morning. The car is in Emden. Just waiting for a ship, might take a bit longer due to fewer cars to fery. Then hopefully a short wait, depending on the availability of lorry drivers, so perhaps another 3 weeks. Oredered end of May, build week 28 or 29, (can't remember which), and I was expecting it mid-October. So timing looks about right.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Routemaster1461 said:

Good news this morning. The car is in Emden. Just waiting for a ship, might take a bit longer due to fewer cars to fery. Then hopefully a short wait, depending on the availability of lorry drivers, so perhaps another 3 weeks. Oredered end of May, build week 28 or 29, (can't remember which), and I was expecting it mid-October. So timing looks about right.

that is such good news... If it helps, my cars arrived at Emden on 15th Sept, Left Emden on 20th September, Arrived at Port of Tyne 23rd September (it had a little detour of Grimsby Port for 24 hours - handy since I'm in Cornwall!!) and was a assigned a Transport Order on the 24th September. The guy on Skoda Webchat said it usually takes 5-7 working days from being assigned a Transport Order to reaching the retailer... the was this mornings news anyway.. So going by this I am hoping my car reaches my dealer by Friday of this week.. 

• Like 1

Hi folks! I’m new to the party - I’ve just ordered a Karoq Sportline 1.5 TSI DSG in quartz grey on a decent lease deal. It’s a factory order and the quote stated it’s a 2021.25 car. No indications yet on delivery times but it was estimated as January when I received the quote last week. My current lease ends in December but I have the option to extend until 15 March. Fingers crossed all goes to plan!

Got to say I’m actually quite looking forward to being back in a Skoda after I ran a new vrs Octy from 2018-2020. 🙂 Alas there are no good deals around that I could find for a new one of those right now.

The wait begins!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, janewalker55 said:

Good news!! My car is at the dealers ready to be collected on Friday.. !!! I am beyond excited. 

Congratulations! Lets hope you have enough fuel to get it home, given the current climate!!

Dealer mailed to say mine still hasn't moved. Crazy.

3 hours ago, Seymansey said:

Congratulations! Lets hope you have enough fuel to get it home, given the current climate!!

Dealer mailed to say mine still hasn't moved. Crazy.

the annoying thing re: Petrol, because I didn't know my new car was going to be ready this week (even did the web chat yesterday morning and was told it still hadn't left Tyne!) so filled up my old car with petrol that I am trading in..!! Aaaagggh!

• Like 1

I ordered my Skoda Karoq Style (similar to SE L) on June 3 and received a delivery time of 15-20 weeks, the last update I got from the dealer is in June 2022 the delivery date. In the meantime, I also received the VIN number. I chose several options such as family pack, DCC, side assist and front seat, parking assist, Amundsen navigation system. Reading this forum gives me hope, not to have to wait until next year in June. I think I'll be OK without some options from family pack, if this is what it takes for the car to come sooner. Cheers 

well ............ She's home!! In the drive safe and sound. I am staggered how wonderful she looks (Petrol Blue, Beige Leather, Edition... very 'girly' but even my husband admits to it looking very stylish and he was NOT a fan of the beige leather choice.. ).. Even managed to get some Tesco Petrol on the way home  - not even a queue...  So far, cannot get Apple Car play to work wirelessly.. all ok through a cable.. Thats for tomorrow.. Just want to send out a big big thank you (probably a different topic), to Truscott Skoda, Helford.. Richard Champion is a star!!  Couldnt do enough.. Kept me informed every step of the way and delivered when he said he would.. thank you.. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, janewalker55 said:

well ............ She's home!! In the drive safe and sound. I am staggered how wonderful she looks (Petrol Blue, Beige Leather, Edition... very 'girly' but even my husband admits to it looking very stylish and he was NOT a fan of the beige leather choice.. ).. Even managed to get some Tesco Petrol on the way home  - not even a queue...  So far, cannot get Apple Car play to work wirelessly.. all ok through a cable.. Thats for tomorrow.. Just want to send out a big big thank you (probably a different topic), to Truscott Skoda, Helford.. Richard Champion is a star!!  Couldnt do enough.. Kept me informed every step of the way and delivered when he said he would.. thank you.. 

You need a phone which supports it. You can find a list by googling.

Mine is still in Emden. Thought it might be on the Neckar Highway about to dock at Grimsby, but apparently not.

48 minutes ago, Routemaster1461 said:

You need a phone which supports it. You can find a list by googling.

Mine is still in Emden. Thought it might be on the Neckar Highway about to dock at Grimsby, but apparently not.

Ours has been in Emden since the 22nd September and was also hoping it was on the Neckar Highway or City of St.Petersburg but apparently still in Emden. Can’t when the next boat out of Emden is yet!

On 10/09/2021 at 11:35, JayTee said:

I ordered, (through Drive the Deal), a Karoq SE L 1.5TSi DSG with a lot of options (including Virtual Cockpit) around 5th June.

Had a message on Monday 6th September from the supplying dealer that the car is built and has left the factory.

Update: My Karoq arrived at the dealer this week (Tuesday 28th) and is being delivered to me next Friday.

So all in, not too bad a time from order to delivery, eben accounting for delays caused by component shortages.

Talking to the sales guy, there are loads of delays in build of all new Skodas now 🤨